-20-

The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for  - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Their dorm represented the six girls perfectly. On the right side close to the corridor, was Marlene's. A bed she never cared about enough to make, and left the job to Lily each morning, surrounded by her jeans and colourful jewellery all over the room. Right next to her was Alice, often made fun of as the crazy plant lady, her bedside did not help her case. On the small space that was given to her, were all kinds of Aconites, Sneezeworts, and other plants Laurel hadn't paid enough attention to in Herbology to recognize. Not only did those occupy her own space, but also placed them on any empty place she found in the dorm, causing the room to be easily confounded with a greenhouse.

Dorcas Meadowes was a generally quiet person and her side of the room screamed her unsaid words. Drawers filled with canvases, watercolours, and palettes, the other girls took great pleasure at hanging her drawings all around the dorm, the abstract paintings contrasting the plants.

Mary had made it her job to convert all of her friends in her cult. She was responsible for the Osmonds and Tom Jones posters on every clean wall she found. Her trendy and colourful style was easily spottable as she had not once folded her clothes, but the cheerful music coming from her muggle record player always did the job to lift everyone's moods.

On the other hand, and bed, was Lily. She not only always made her bed but also did the others, not that she was asked to, but simply because she "couldn't stand their mess". No matter how many times she had tried and scowled at them to do it their own, it always resulted in the same way. The top of her drawer was filled with Charms books and candles. For a dorm filled with six girls and not farm animals, it always had a suspicious scent and Lily would make her buy more candles at every Hogsmeade visit to place one on every shelf.

And lastly, was Laurel's. The smell of parchment was dominant under her bed, an old habit that came useful to save space. Leather skirts and jackets were placed next to Lily's knitted oversized sweaters and pants, and muggle records were placed in an obvious order on the table alongside the large window. 

Packing everything for the Christmas holidays was difficult, as Marlene insisted that Mrs Potter would be interested in her denim collection, and Lily making her choose between the flared and patchwork one, it was a stressful night.

"The tryouts start in an hour Marls. You can still change your mind." 

"Elle I told you I will try out next year, Wagner is going to graduate this June and I'll be the keeper."

"Yes, now, do you need these cauldrons again ?"

"Lily what would I do if Mr. Potter wanted to hire me and I couldn't prove my potion-making skills ?"

"Yes, then the only thing missing would be the skills"

"Alexander do not push her"

"Do you think I should wear this on Christmas ?" Mary was spinning around herself while trying to pull the zipper.

"Oh yes, don't forget the ribbon and wrapping though"

"Shove off, Dorky whatcha think ?"

"I think it looks great on you. Makes your eyes pop !"

"Yes, there must be a button on the back that does that"

"Don't listen to her"

"Here try this, I never wore it but it would look great on you"

"Al you are a lifesaver"

"Judge McKinnon gives a Dorcas Meadowes out of 10" 

"Judge Alexander gives a herself out of 10"

"Judge Meadowes kindly thanks judge McKinnon and thinks contestant Macdonald looks stunning"

"Absolutely honey. ALEXANDER COME BACK HERE WE HAVE TO GO TO THE PITCH. Good luck everyone with the packing, Alice you keep an eye on Mckinnon."