-31-

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music -  Friedrich Nietzsche

"Why do we even buy tickets ? We're wizards for the love of Merlin !" Lily was complaining while fastening her pace to not miss the concert.

"We're too rich to miss the full muggle experience Evans"

"Was 30 miles, compressed in the smallest bus in the UK "the full muggle experience" Black ?"

"Prongs close your mouth you're going to absorb Lily" 

"Hey, we helped you sneak out Laurie so I'd much rather not get insulted"

"I still don't understand when this turned into a group activity"

"It happened when you two decided to go to the Knebworth Festival and not invite us Black" Marlene was glaring darkly at the both of them and the girl the looks were destined to quickly turned her head around, laughing at her.

"Do you even know which band we're going to see ?"

"Dorcas does. Dorky ?" Turning her head to her girlfriend she held by her waist.

"I'm quite sure you mentioned Pink Floyd nearly 10 times for the past hour Sirius"

"And you two have been doing this without me for months Pads ? My heart cannot handle this" James was throwing himself dramatically on the sidewalk they were pacing on.

"Why did I get dragged here" Lily truly did look like the odd one out with a much more put-together look compared to what seemed to be her kids around her.

"You're not any better Marls ! Also coming here, without us and not even telling us Dorcas's birthday ?" 

"I did tell you, what did you want me to do, carve 5th of July on your arm ?"

"I think I smoke too much since that starts sounding like a great idea"

"No, this is it no one carves anything or I will spoon your eyes out individually before boiling them" 

Everyone stopped instantly, turning their heads around to watch a perspiring Lily trying to catch up with their fast rhythm. A moment of excruciating silence ending with James recounting the Quidditch Wolrd cup his parents brought him to and making Lily sigh in anger once again, they picked up their road to the venue where a large crowd already seemed to take their place.

-

"I take back everything that I said that was amazing" Lily was walking out excitedly. Her usually pale cheeks were shining and flushing, denoting the freckles across her beaming face.

"Remus is so going to regret his "I don't pay for art" bullshit"

"Oh don't worry that phase is over. Now he dresses like a History of Magic professor"

"Say why aren't Peter and Remus here ? Aren't you four constantly following each other like ducks ?" Dorcas pointed out

"They live far"

"Homework" James had gotten out, under the surprised eyes of the two others.

"Where they live far away"

"From here"

"Together"

The three had agreed to tell the truth but simply not the entirety of it, they both actually lived far in the West, and Peter was actively helping Remus right at that moment, but James never was one who thrived under pressure.

Lily was the only one scanning them suspiciously as Dorcas seemed to be lost in her daydreams, striding through the night in Marlene's arms who seemed too lost in her girlfriend's eyes to listen to them.

"See that apartment ? Andy lives up there" Sirius was pointing at the building they were passing next to. It was a fairly new construction in a modern muggle neighbourhood with large windows and a garden.

"I went to visit her last year. Did you know she had a daughter with Ted ?"

"Who are we talking about again ? I feel like we're third-wheeling you guys' date" James was trying to catch up with them after getting shut down by Lily numerous times that night.

"Andromeda, my cousin who got burned off our family tree. You sure must've heard about it, was a pretty huge scandal"

"I don't think anyone really cares about that stuff except for your families' cultish thing" He was speaking carelessly while strutting around to impress the redhead behind and picking the girl's cigarette held between her fingers trying to smoke it, before starting to cough uncontrollably and nodding his head in disapproval while doing so. 

"Never again"