-22-

The intellect of the wise is like glass; it admits the light of heaven and reflects it  - Augustus Hare

The Potter Manor was a large building with three floors. Even from the outside, it seemed glamorous and its garden was fascinating enough to the other kids. Lily's eyes were wide open in front of the door, observing the place enthusiastically. Mr Potter was an older-looking man compared to her own father, with a certain athletic past visible on his walk, he simply looked like an older version of James.

The door opened, revealing a woman with warm amber eyes and a few elderly features hidden by her beaming smile, inviting them all in.

The seven kids all were interested in a different thing in the large living room, the welcoming smell of apple pie and cinnamon coming from the kitchen calling Peter, Marlene jumping on every couch to see which one she would spend the holiday on, Sirius looking at the family portraits enviously, and the old-fashioned wooden door in the back of the corridor, nearly hidden by the bookshelf attracting Laurel, they were all distracted by Mrs Potter's voice.

"You must be Lily ! We heard so much about you, it's a pleasure to finally meet the legendary Evans" 

"MUM"

"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Potter" Lily had a polite but bright smile on her face.

"James, my sweet little boy, you've grown up so much over the past months I can't even recognize you"

"Yes, actually he finally seems to understand the concept of potty training"

"You are Sirius Black aren't you, seen so many photos and heard so many stories about you I feel like I've known you for years !" Struggling a bit but finally high-fiving Sirius, she already liked the woman.

"Hello Mrs Potter, thank you for your kind invitation" She reached her arm to shake the woman's calmly.

"What did we say about the job interview Alexander"

"Call me Mia dear, and you are very welcome"

"Hello Mia, I'm Marlene" The girl with flushed cheeks and wide smile was shaking the woman's hand in under a second, pushing her friends to the sides. "I also want to point out that I love your choice in couches"

"I'm Remus, it's very nice to meet you Mrs. Potter"

"Welcome dear, but are you okay, do you need me to cast a healing spell ?"

"Oh, there's no need thank you, my mother simply loves animals and well, they obviously don't like me that much"

"That pie was delicious Mrs. Euphemia thank you"

"Just wait till you see Mimsy's Yogurt Covered Raisins at dinner," She was about to continue when she looked at Peter, trying to remember something. "Peter ! Of course"

After the dinner, James had shown them their rooms, the four boys sharing James' large room and Lily, Marlene, and Laurel sharing the guest room next to them, but her mind was still on the door she had spotted at her entrance. Every door was open except for that one, and the girl couldn't stand not knowing what it was hiding. It was in nearly every novel she read. The seemingly perfect family and dead bodies hidden behind a mysterious door.

To reach the corridor she had to go downstairs, and lucky for her, the stairs were still enlightened, easing her way downstairs. Observing it alone and silently, the house gave off a warm feeling with photos and small decorations everywhere, and even only looking at that, you could see how much they adored their only son. 

Making her way towards the end silently, she reached the wooden door, and cast the spell, allowing the door to open. Using underage magic outside of school was strictly banned and yet, being an Alexander came with its own privileges in the twisted system. Squeeking while revealing the room, she slowly walked inside, her wand at the ready. The Potters were too perfect in her eyes to be innocent. Illuminating the room surrounding her with the tip of her wand, she directed herself towards the desk in the middle of the room, opening the drawers and getting everything out, remembering their places and reading them.

Bundimun Pomade Ingredients

Potion No. 329 - Brew Notes 1963

Sleekeazy's Hair Potion - Final Draft

She skipped through similar papers before she came across a locked document, but it was obviously not done with much attention since a simple spell could reveal it.

Potion No. 86 -  Experimental Mix 

The ingredients she recognized on the following list were all poisonous, but there were countless scribbles, different inks, indicating different entrance dates and constant changes. It was the only recipe that wasn't written on official Ministry papers and the unallowed use of those ingredients would land him in Azkaban, continuing to read the added notes, another squeak was heard.

"Mr Potter ?"