-73-

You will lose what you value most, so treasure it while you can - Richelle Mead

Sitting around the long wooden table at the Burrow, she quietly observed everyone around her, trying to avoid the deprecating and suspicious stares thrown her way. 

"Not to question your selections professor, but I don't think anyone here understands the purpose of having a seventeen-year-old blood supremacist with us" A redheaded man finally broke the silence as the other members nodded in agreement.

Before even letting Dumbledore part his lips, an insidious grin placed itself on her expression as she started speaking. "I thought the Order was all about fighting against discrimination and judgement, Fabian Prewett"

The man was obviously taken aback by the girl knowing his name, but she continued before he could ask anything.

"And I would heavily advise being more careful next time you're duelling with Bellatrix Lestrange. A seventeen-year-old blood supremacist might not always be there."

"That was you ?" He asked, startled.

Instantly, she felt the unapproving eyes on her disappear as the adults' curiosity peaked.

"As much as you all have the right to question my arbitrament, I am certain that I couldn't have made a better choice" Dumbledore added as he faced her proudly. "Go on Laurel, tell them everything you know"

-

The meeting went on for hours and hours but the first few minutes were enough for the girl to realise how insufficient the Order was compared to the ones they were fighting.

As she finally got to the entrance of the common room while the whole castle was already sleeping, she tried to make as little sound as possible stepping inside to not wake anyone upstairs. 

But looking at all her friends sitting on the couch anxiously, she realized how unnecessary it was.

Instantly, she felt Marlene jump into her arms, embracing her tightly.

"Where the fuck were you Elle ?" The blonde screeched in her ears.

"Yeah, we got so worried" James added as everyone else gathered around her.

Everyone except Sirius, who refused to look up from the carpet, avoiding her gaze entirely.

"Merlin, I was just studying for the exam tomorrow" She laughed dismissively. "And you all really should've slept. You know it's our first class tomorrow"

They all seemed convinced, or maybe they just acted like it. But the tension had gone away as everyone agreed with her, preparing to go upstairs.

"Where ?"

Everyone suddenly looked at Sirius, staring into her eyes for the first time.

"What ?" She asked confusedly.

"Studying where ?" He repeated coldly.

"At the library" Laurel answered as quickly and convincingly as she could.

Her upbringing had made her a flawless liar, able to fool nearly anyone. Anyone except Sirius.

He was the only one who could see through the cold and careless act. He was the only one who did the exact same thing.

"You think I didn't check there ?" He chuckled callously with a condescending tone.

"Why do you constantly accuse me of everything ?" Laurel exclaimed harshly, walking towards him.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jun 25, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Pawns & Players - Sirius Blackजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें