-34-

We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep  - William Shakespeare

November 3rd, 1975 was Sirius Black's 16th Birthday, not that he let anyone forget that. The entire day had gone by with him pranking everyone into reminding his birthday and his three other friends did exactly what was expected from them, by throwing one of the biggest parties of the year in the Room of Requirements.

The four boys had invited everyone, even Slytherins, though that might've been to make fun of them, fifth-year and up. The party was all everyone was talking about that day and their reputation around the school had only made the interest escalate.

"ALBERTA WE NEED YOU" James had taken the management part but was solely annoying them by throwing useless orders left and right accompanied by the whistle sounds he seemed to enjoy torturing them with.

"If I hear that name aga-"

"Where in Merlin's name did you get those bottles from" Lily's eyes were wide open with bewilderment. She was known to be the responsible one yet would never say no to a great party, and this wasn't supposed to be anything less.

"Blishen's Firewhiskey is a family company. Rums and beers are Parkinson's jobs but we always have the upper hand" She looked at them before continuing. "Means I have an unlimited alcohol stock" Placing the stacks on the table in front of her.

"If only you could be this helpful Pads"

"But deer, I'm the birthday boy, and making the playlists" His job description displayed more of a boy spread on the armchair, listening to his favourite records.

"We appreciate the public service Laur, truly" Remus was investigating the different brands on the bottles with a slight lust in his eyes.

-

The large room had gigantic sound systems blasting It's a Long Way to the Top on each corner and disco lights following their every move, someone on the boards caught everyone's attention.

Sirius was standing in front of all, bottles of Gin and Firewhiskey between his arms, throwing them around before opening one to himself. The people she saw every day were unrecognizable. Black and McKinnon hadn't surprised anyone by drowning shots one by one, contesting each other and truth to be told, there was not that big of a difference between their sober and drunk thought process. James also seemed a bit tipsy, flirting with Lily, but he had mostly spent the night holding one cup he couldn't finish. Surprising the others was Lupin, occupying the Firewhiskey bottles, and as they emptied he seemed to get angrier and angrier, shouting at anyone who crossed his way.

Peter was squeezed between James's shoulder and forearm, but after a few failed attempts trying to do shots, he seemed to be enjoying himself, being one of the only people to keep their sobriety out of the 300 fifth-year and ups in the part that night. Mary had completely lost it after her second bottle, and Dorcas rushing out to help her, they left an only slightly intoxicated Lily, to take care of her friend, who hadn't even seen the need to use cups as she drowned any bottle in her view.

"It's called moderation Lils, I drink often but with small portions"

"I just hope Mary didn't throw up on my bed"

"Don't worry it's just her first time, she'll survive"

"Isn't this yours ?"

"My first week with Alphie was, it gets better"

That's when they saw Black approaching them with a slightly lopsided walk, enjoying Bowie on the back, aimlessly moving with the rhythm and twisting around.

"Enjoying yourself ladies ?"

"I have to admit this is better than what I expected" Lily answered truthfully before being pulled by a rather mellow Marlene.

"We have music, alcohol and I can wear this dress. Couldn't ask for more Black"

"Why do we never celebrate your birthday ?"

"Seriously ? You come each year"

"Fuck I always forget those are your birthday parties"

"Don't worry I'm pretty sure everyone there does"

As both continued their conversation, they noticed at the same time, two familiar figures pressed on a wall, what were they doing ? Tilting her head to see it clearly, she recognized them. Alice and Frank were snogging each other like there was no tomorrow.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing ?"

"That Longbottom finally stopped being the biggest pussy on earth ?"

"I am so bullying her for the rest of her life"

"YOU IGNORANT SNOBBISH MORON I WI-"

"Moony mate I think it's time to go"