Entry No. 6

I knew someone was going to get hurt on their short mission. I had a feeling it had to have been Garroth too. I was walking around town, my mind obviously clouded.

"Garroth left me in charge and told me to not let you out of town, but I didn't expect this," Dale said, snapping me back.

"Did he really feel the need to give me a babysitter?" I asked.

"Apparently."

"Well that sure makes me feel better."

"Well it might make you feel better that they should be back by nightfall."

I nodded to him and left to Brendan. He seemed to be murmuring. I sat beside him, listening to what he said.

"Shield... Human shield..." He whispered before seeming to startle.

He opened his eyes, rubbing them quickly before looking at me.

"What happened?"

"You got shot," I said, pointing to his wound.

"Ow, right... He pushed me infront of him.." Brendan said quietly.

"He pushed you infront of him?"

"Yeah, we were coming back from the old lord's home and someone in the trees tried to shoot at Zenix and he pulled me infront of him to block it." He said, staring down at his hands.

"Well you should continue to rest a little. Don't want you getting hurt again."

I waited at the guard tower, staring into the West. I looked down to see Dale patrolling.

"Dale!" I yelled, seemingly shocking him.

"Yes Y/n?" he sighed.

"Can you send a couple guards in the direction Garroth and Zenix went? I think something went wrong."

"Well it is just about morning... Alright, I will." He said, leaving to other guards.

I stared out as the two guards went into the forest.

"I swear Zenix, I will find you." I muttered.

I saw the guards hauling Garroth out of the forest, his body limp, blood running from his side. I jumped over the fence and setting up the bed in the farmhouse for him. They came in and dropped him in the bed. Dale walked in the door, immediately knowing I must have something for him to do.

"Get Aphmau and ask her to get Dr. Doctor."

He nodded before rushing up the hill. Kiki and Brendan left the room for a minute to give him some space.

"I knew it.." I said, gripping his hand for the little warmth in it.

I chuckled, "Hah, I bet your pride's going to be a little hurt, but you're just going to have to get over it, for YOUR safety this time."

I placed a hand over the spot that was bleeding. He had been shot, and I was pretty sure who did it. Everyone came back in, including Aph and Dr. Doctor.

"Would you move aside for a moment miss?" Dr. Doctor asked me.

"Of course." I said, stepping away and leaning against the wall, some of Garroth's blood loose on my hand.

"Well, it may be unorthodox, but the healing powers of the lord of Brightport is exactly what Garroth needs." The doctor said.

"Alright then," Aph said.

I looked over to see Aph dilly dallying... It angered me so much. As she left the building though, Eri slipped in through it. As the doctor examined, in pulled up a chair next to Garroth, Eri curling up by Garroth's leg.

"Garroth, stick in there.." I whispered.

After not all that long people started to leave. I didn't though, I couldn't.

"I'll be okay, don't worry about it."

"Garroth?!" I exclaimed.

"Don't shout, people will question you."

I held onto his hand and brought it close to me.

"Can you feel this?"

"Yes, it's nice and warm. Thank you very much milady."

"I'll stay by your side until you wake up."

Days pasted as we waited for Aphmau. People would come by to check up on Garroth, but usually weren't around for long. At one point I could stay awake any longer and I slept, slumped over on his bed. Worry filled me from top to bottom. Finally I heard a splash, waking me up from my sleep. Garroth woke up and answered Aphmau's questions. Most of it being stuff he didn't want to know.

"Ugh, my heart..." Garroth groaned.

My grip on him returned. Aphmau had decided enough was enough and left off to Kiki.

"You should rest." I said with a smile.

"I guess I should."

I curled back up to Garroth, us and Eri seeming very comfortable. Sleeping away the pain of yesterday.