Entry No. 40

We arrived at Lucinda's home. It was a very beautiful and large home.

"Is everyone okay?" Lucinda asked.

"Yes," Garroth said.

"Yeah," said Dante.

"I'm good," responded Laurence.

"Um, where are we?" Malachi asked.

"This is min and Bigglesworth's home," Lucinda answered, "Logan is in no shape to travel, even if you were to place him inside a golden lasso or a soulstone, he's got a high fever and cuts and bruises all over his body. He needs medical attention immediately, so I lead is here."

"No offense, but are you a medical witch?" Dante asked.

"No offense, but are you?" She asked, making all of us laugh, "That's what I thought, I'm probably the closest thing we have to a doctor or healing magicks user so.. bring Logan inside. I'll get him fixed up as best I can. It might take a day or two some. Make yourselves at home here. My place is your place. Just don't go around touching potions you shouldn't."

Laurence nudged Dante, "I guess she told you."

"Shut up Laurence!" Dante yelled.

I gave Lucinda the golden lasso I had put Logan in and she went upstairs to go work on him. A day or so went by and I was mostly helping out Lucinda with Logan. I had been trying to get a potion from a high shelf only to grab it and fall back, luckily the potion didn't break, but... I opened my eyes only to see Lucinda staring back down at me, both a smirk and a blush on her face. I looked down only to see she had caught me, but the buttons on my clothes had popped open and I was there with a very deep v.. showing off a lot. I quickly got up and buttoned my buttons again.

"Wow, didn't realize there was that much there under that coat," Lucinda teased.

A blush was very apparent on my cheeks at this point. I could feel Lucinda's breath against my ear.

"You also might want to stay off of ladders sweetheart," she whispered flirtatiously.

My blush grew and I left to go on a walk. That night when everyone was sleeping a paced around outside of Lucinda's house. Fear had been filling me since Aphmau told me about just how many O'khasis guards were at Brightport.. The burning feeling staying very apparent throughout this trip, meaning nothing good.

"Lady Y/n, what are you doing up so late? This seems to be becoming a command theme for you.." Garroth said from behind me.

I turned to look at him, "I guess I'm just missing the village.."

"I see.. Rest assured that the village is doing fantastic while you have been gone. N-Not to day that as if it does better without you! It's just... Nothing bad is happening."

"Thank you Garroth, that means a lot." I thanked.

"Heh, I-I'm glad.. Say, Y/n, there's something I want to talk to you about.." Garroth said, worry very apparent.

"I'm all ears."

"W-Well, I was uh... I wanted to.. I... I just... Uh.." he stuttered out.

"Yes?" I wondered, having a feeling I knew what he wanted to say.

"W-Well, I was thinking... Your smile is very bright in the moonlight and... Bright... Wait, Brightport!" He exclaimed.

"What about Brightport?"

"Have you heard about Lord Burt and things that had happened in Brightport?" He asked.

"Remind me?" I questioned.

"Brightport has been on the edge of war with Pikoro Village. Lord Burt was talked into going to settle the matter there by Zane, under the impression that he'd have the protection from one of the guards of the Jury of Nine... But Azura has not heard one word from Lord Burt since he left, long before you left with Kiki..." Garroth explained, "Azura asked Laurence and I to check on Pikoro Village should we happen by it.."

"Hm... Is it close by?" I asked.

"I-I don't know.. But I think you and I should go and make sure Burt is okay," Garroth said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I'm afraid that Zane might be holding him there until he agrees to join the O'khasis Alliance... Which would mean that Zane would have a way to make a small camp near Phoenix Drop and possibly invade..." Garroth explained.

"If anything we should make our own alliance." Laurence said, coming from the tent.

"L-Laurence you're still awake!?" Garroth questioned.

"Yes, I have been awake since Lady   Y/n left her sleeping bag. Remember? A guard sleeps with one eye open at all times?" Laurence said.

"Right.." Garroth mumbled.

"In all seriousness Lady Y/n-" he said before I cut him off.

"Please Laurence.. Discuss this with Aphmau when we arrive home again.." I begged.

"It's settled then. At sunrise we stock up on supplies and head for Pikoro Village. Logan can recover here and we'll go save Lord Burt. Now get some rest you two. Especially you "smooth moves" Gareth. Haha!" Laurence laughed, joking punching Garroth in the shoulder.

"Tsk, I-I don't even know what you're talking about!" Garroth said.