Entry No. 28

A/n sorry for the updates guys. A chapter got deleted so I had to redo some things. But, because of this mess you guys get a few chapters, so enjoy.

I sighed as Zane walked away. That was scary to say the least.

"I-I'm so sorry," Laurence apologized, letting go of my waist.

"No, you saved her life. Laurence, thank you," Garroth said, seeming still off-put.

"He is right Laurence, thank you," I smiled, wrapping my arms around him to give him a hug.

Laurence pushed out of the hug a bit, "No.. I'm sorry, when I heard him talk to her like that, I just... I can't see him, I didn't know what to do. I've heard great things about the High Priest Zane, I just never imagined him to be... like that.."

"Laurence, you did what any good guard would do. You protected her, again I'm thankful to you," Garroth repeated.

"I hope you know Garroth, I'm not planning on actually marrying Lady Y/n. I just used it as a ruse to get Zane out of her face," Laurence explained.

"I know, I wish Zane would disappear, I kind of had hoped he tried to lay a hand on her or anyone in the village... I would have.." Garroth mumbled on.

I went up to Garroth, putting a hand on his chest, hoping he would look me in the eye. He couldn't think this way. Not with these kids in this village. The risk wouldn't be worth it.

"Garroth, we can't.." I said sorrowfully.

"But do you know what would happen.. Don't you remember what happened the the Neopolitan villages? Their Lord was killed for simply talking back to the Elder Council and was replaced with a fat glutton who does nothing but sit on his bum and do everything he's told. Garroth... That cannot happen here. Your village is blossoming more than any other I've seen," Laurence explained.

"I appreciate your concern Laurence. I don't think we should talk about this anymore, we'll figure it out in the morning. Right now let's just enjoy the party for what it is. I ask of you not to bring this up to anyone in the village. They don't need to know Zane's true colors just yet.. It could cause them to act on foolish ideas," Garroth explained.

"I completely understand Garroth. Let's go have some fun! Right my smoopsy~poo~Y/n~oo?" Laurence joked.

I giggled and grabbed Laurence's hand.

"Ha! You play a good actor," Garroth joked.

"Garroth!" I called, somewhat amused by these two.

We all walked back into the party, having fun and watching the babies. I of course had to explain all of it to Laurence in detail since he couldn't see their cuteness.

"And Levin kind of flipped under himself, like he was looking for something under him and he lost his balance," I explained with a smile on my face.

"You sure do love those kids, don't you?" Laurence asked.

"Of course I do, I mean, they're so cute," I gawked.

"It's nice seeing you like this," he said, a smirk growing in his face.

"Well, technically you aren't seeing it," I chuckled, somewhat sorrowfully.

"But I can just feel it in the air," Laurence said, "Not to mention when you get really excited your grip tightens and you wave my hand about."

"Oh, yeah I should uh," I stammered, realizing I had been holding his hand this whole time.

"It's ok, if anything it might just convince Zane further," he said, placing his other hand on mine to keep it there.

With a blush we continued on in our night. As the party came to an end, Zoey took Levin and Laurence home. I stayed, helping Kiki with the clean up before heading home myself. As I slept I felt uneasy. Something felt off. I got up, deciding that if I climbed somewhere high up I could see the whole village to find what was wrong easier. I climbed up on top of Kiki's barn, trying to find something that would cause me feeling so off. I found black and purple stuff on certain parts of town... Seemingly familiar. I looked to see Aphmau rushing to the plaza, she seemed concerned.

"Don't," Vylad's voice said..

"Vylad, I can't just sit here," I insisted.

"Just get back to the ground and head home, something is wrong.. Whatever's happening there is connected to the nether," Vylad explained.

I stared down at the black and purple stuff.

"Maybe.. That means we can get you back through it," I said..

"Ereni, you need to stop. You're not safe," Vylad said.

I waited it out, keeping watch over town. I wanted to make sure the black and purple didn't spread.

"Ereni..." Vylad said as the sun rose.

"Vylad, I'm far from everything, just let me watch over this village," I explained.

It had been a couple days since the incident... But I did not feel any better. I had been confined to my house after my all-nighter as I watched over the town. I paced across my house, probably worrying Eri, when I heard a knock on the door. I answered it to find Aphmau.

"Hey... How is, everything?" I asked.

"Rough.. I came this way looking for the Wyvern lair? Can you help me find it again?" She asked.

I nodded, remembering exactly where it was, leading her there. As we were on our way, we found the wyverns making a grave for Ungrth. I walked over, almost tearing up at the sight. Aphmau talked to Raven, as I mourned Ungrth. I was shocked, and a bit upset when Aph took Ungrth soul fragment from the grave. She walked off, taking me with her.

"Ereni, you need to get away from Lady Aphmau. She's doing something that I think will hurt you if you are too close," Vylad explained.

"Hey, I'm gonna go take care of something... Goodluck with black and purple," I said.

She nodded as she walked off. I climbed back on top of the barn, watching as Aphmau put together some kind of shrine. Once she had, there was a flash. I felt a shocking feeling, losing my balance on the roof as well as my consciousness.