Entry No. 57

I was tensing to a few of the wounded Meteli guards and villagers. I slightly listened in on Laurence and Aphmau's conversation about Garroth... It hurt to here he was missing... I headed to Lucinda's to bring over some materials for the blacksmith to use. My mind was foggy and I could barely tell what was going on... Everything felt so out of balance... I was snapped back when Gale held a sword to Katelyn. They were about to try and take her down when I rushed over and pushed Gale back.

"She's not the enemy! She's an ally to Phoenix Drop," I exclaimed.

"I-I... I'm so sorry Katelyn. I had no idea you were on our side," Gale said, letting his sword down.

"It's quite alright. I would have reacted the same way. Now, Lady Aphmau, Lady Y/n... Might I speak with you?" Katelyn asked.

We both nodded before sitting down.

"Aphmau, I have renounced my position from the Jury of Nine. I am now a soldier to you and your people, if you will have me," Katelyn said.

I sighed of relief.

"Of course Katelyn," Aphmau said.

"You have my thanks. Now, I must inform you that earlier in the day I took my ship out to sea and did away with the guards on board," Katelyn explained.

"You killed them?" Aphmau asked.

"I didn't kill them. Calm down. I simply made them walk the plank. I have brought my ship back and it's yours to commendere if you choose," She explained.

"Of course we'll take that offer. We have many people to transport," I said.

"Sounds like a plan, follow me and we can get everyone on board," Katelyn said before getting up.

We left to grab everyone before heading to the ship. This was working perfectly... But I was scared to say goodbye to Malachi... I handed him a big backpack full of supplies and different things for him..

"Mommy, it's okay.. You can look at me, I'm not just going to disappear," he said as he took it.

I could feel my eyes burn as tears started flowing down... I didn't want Malachi to see me like this but I didn't want to say goodbye... It was way to much for me to handle....

"Mom, it's going to be okay, you'll see me soon! Don't make me worry about you!" He said as he ran up and jumped into my arms.

I held him close... Not every wanting to let go...

"I... I just um..." I said trying to gain my composure but failing.

We pulled apart slightly from the hug.

"In the bag is Mystic... Take good care of him/her for me... And um... I was going to give this to you for your birthday but.." I said pulling out a green scarf out of my other bag, "Here, to remember me by why we're apart.., I just..."

"I love it mom! I love you!" He said happily as he put it on...

It was way to big for him which made me giggle.

"I love you too Malachi.." I said sadly as I cried.

I could see tears forming in his eyes as well... He was scared too...

"You.. You need to go Malachi.. But I'll meet up with you as soon as I can.. We still have my ship here and we'll head over as soon as possible.." I said.

"Ok mom, please.... Come back safe.." he said as he started to sob.

I hugged him tight... Before I knew it... He was gone... All of them... I was just about close enough that I would jump in and swim after them... But I held myself back...

"They're going to be okay.." Laurence said.

As I stared out into the sea.. I saw the ally ships coming...

"Stay safe Y/n.... Remember this is not your war..."