Entry No. 17

I woke up and Garroth was mining. Looked like he was trying get some frustration out. I came up behind him, wrapping my arms around him.

"I'll go ask Logan about ordering a new helm, don't over exert yourself. If I come back and you're even more hurt I'll be upset." I said before giving him a kiss in the shoulder, trying to give him some kind of comfort.

He seemed to blush at this. I giggled and left up to the market. Walking right over to Logan I saw that he seemed upset.

"How much trouble does this place get into?" He questioned.

"Hey Logan?" I called.

He looked up at me, acknowledging my presence.

"I wanted to ask you about ordering Garroth a new helm."

"I can get one in within the next few days, though I got a question for you."

"What you got?" I asked.

"I want to make Donna and I's wedding special, and I haven't gotten the ring yet, but do you think that Donna would like a diamond in heart shape on a gold band?" He asked.

"Of course, it's sweet and pretty, I'm sure she will be screaming to the moon about it." I said with a smile, "I'm almost jealous. I wait for the day I get married.."

"I'm sure you won't have a problem finding a guy." He said, going back to his work.

"Thank you Logan, for the compliment and the helm. How much do I owe you?"

"Should only about 15 diamonds." He said.

"Alright, here." I said handing it over to you.

"You know you shouldn't pay upfront?"

"I trust you, I know your fiance."

He chuckled before taking it. I walked up to the center of town to see Dale on patrol. I walked up to him to see how everything was going.

"How's it holding up up here Dale?" I asked.

"Pretty good, we got all the fires out pretty quickly and everyone is in their homes. We do need to fill up all of the holes though."

"I'll get on that now." I said to him.

I grabbed some materials from my house and started patching up the holes. I got through all of them when I looked up and saw Aph trying to land on a wyvern. I thought I'd send Dale to explain everything. I went back down to Garroth to see that he had been hard at work.

"You should take a break. You've been working really hard and you're still injured. Your helm should be here in a few days and then you can get back t work but until then you have to be careful." I told him.

"But I can't just sit down here-"

"I know it hurt your pride, but please Garroth... For me?" I asked.

He shook his head and then nodded.

I looked past Garroth and saw Aph coming towards us. I decided u should probably leave before I do something wrong. I went to the main square and waited out the time. After not all that long I saw Aph coming my direction.

"Hey stranger." Aph said, giving me a hug, "Oh shoot!"

She pulled out a golden lasso and out popped Laurence.

"Laurence?" I called.

"My love?" He called.

We hugged, it had been a bit since I'd seen him.

"How's Meteli?" I asked.

"Good," he said, looking away.

He seemed a bit shocked and before I got a second glance I saw Sasha running out of town. Not long after Aph ran after her.

"She died, didn't she?" I asked.

Laurence looked back towards me, a different shocked face this time, "How did you know?"

"You looked like you'd seen a ghost."

"Yeah.."

"Do want a cup of tea?" I asked.

"Only if it comes from the brightest star's home." He said with a fairly forced smile.

We walked along the path towards my house.

"So how long are you here for?" I asked.

"Not long, I'll probably be leaving today or tomorrow." He replied.

"Well if you need a place to stay," I said opening the door.

"My lady, you can't just invite a man like myself to stay the night like that." He said slyly.

"I-I didn't mean it like th-that!" I said, shutting the door behind him as my blush appeared.

He sat at the counter while I prepared the tea, or so I thought. I felt arms wrap around my waist as I watched the water boil.

"You know I'm just teasing you right?" He whispered into my ear.

"Y-You know you're teasing d-doesn't always seem like t-teasing." My blush deepened.

"You're very cute when you blush like that Mademoiselle." He cooed.

"Tea's ready!" I yelped.