Entry No. 39

"Isn't there a way out of here?" I asked Lucinda.

"Hm.. Well sweetheart, I had a plan in mind but... I am in no shape to execute it. You see, I lost my familiar when I was kidnapped by the wolves. They tried to get me to make them stronger but.. Without my familiar I'm not as strong. Even if I did have my owl I wouldn't help those darn wolves. They're horrible. So yes, without my full potential. We're stuck," she explained.

I thought about what we could do.. I had been hoping that Owlly was Lucinda's familiar. Suddenly Malachi appeared infront of me.

"Y-Y/n..." He murmured.

"Malachi!" I said excitedly before hugging him.

"Whew.. I-I'm tired.." he sighed.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"No.. I was able to phase through that magicks barrier without being detected but.. doing that hurts.." he said.

"Malachi I'm so sorry.." I said rubbing his back, "I need to ask you though, do you have Owlly?"

"Yes! He's right here," Malachi said before putting him down.

"Bigglesworth! You're okay!" Lucinda said happily as she hugged the owl.

"Bigglesworth?" I questioned.

"Yes! Oh my.. I missed you so much!" She gave him little kisses, "D-Did you save him?"

"Yes I did, and my son Malachi here has been taking care of him," I said, understanding that it probably sounded a little weird.

"T-That ghost is your son..? Perfect! I've seen weirder relationships in the spirit world anyway. I just want to thank you! This changes everything! Especially since we have a ghost who can phase through the barrier this will make my plan even easier!" Lucinda said.

"Malachi got hurt when he phased through the barrier," I said a little scared.

"Of course he did, no one should phase through a barrier, human or spirit. But we're going to need him to do it one more time with Bigglesworth in order to get my power to fill capacity. Plus we have to wait until nightfall to execute this plan so.. Get some rest. There's some soup over there if you are hungry sweetheart. Hehe! Oh Bigglesworth! I missed you!" Lucinda explained.

A smile came to my face before going over to Malachi.

"Y-You called me your son..?" He questioned.

"Of course, you're with me now.." I said with a smile.

"Thank you so much..." He said also with a smile before falling asleep.

I rested his head on my lap, and let him sleep. I awaited nightfall as Lucinda teased me a little. When it was finally about time Lucinda handed me a bowl of soup.

"Here, eat some," she said.

Though the smell wasn't the best I decided I should trust her. I ate the soup, the taste... Not so great.

"The ingredients will help with our plan, so you don't have to worry," Lucinda said.

"Let me guess... I'm gonna have to be the one to have some kind of ritual preformed on?" I asked with a sigh.

"Yes sweetheart, though I suggest you go check up on your son and Logan before you need to go," she said, getting back to work.

I nodded and went over to Logan. He seemed to be in the middle of a coughing fit.

"Y/n?" He called.

"Logan, how are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm.. all right. I've definitely been better. Lucinda's potions are only able to help so much seeing as she's using scraps she find around here. Maybe I'd be feeling better if she was at her full power.." he said.

"Soon Logan, we have a plan to get out of here," I said trying to reassure him.

"You do? What is it?" He asked.

"Don't worry, you'll see," I said.

He nodded to me, obviously needing his rest.

"Everything's going to be okay, just rest up," I told him.

"Alright, I will." He replied.

I smiled before looking over towards Malachi.

"Morning mom! Hehe! Or should I say goodnight?" Malachi questioned.

"You called me mom?" I awed, almost feeling like I was going cry of happiness.

"Um, am I not supposed to?" He asked worriedly.

"No! No! It's just.. nice."

"Heh, I get it! Like I was shocked when you called me your son. Haha! Well, I feel better.. but phasing through that barrier is not going to be an easy task. Um, I know it's weird to point out but .. maybe you can reach the lever to Garroth, Laurence, and Dante's cell? It looks close."

"It does doesn't it?" I questioned.

"Yeah! Go for it!" Malachi cheered.

I went over to the window of the cell and tried t reach for the lever. I was able to... But it didn't do anything.. I looked over to Lucinda, who was laughing up a storm.

"What do you think you're doing? Flipping the lever won't work. That lever only works for the person who casted the spell, also known as the barrier magicks user. Don't you think I would have flipped the lever myself long ago?" She questioned.

"I thought I could at least try..." I mumbled.

"Trying isn't going to get us out of here my darling sweetheart, doing will. Now, you've eaten your spider eye soup I presume?" She asked.

I nodded to her.

"Good. All right, now here take this Moon Crescent charm," she said handing me the charm.

"Um, Lucinda? Can I know the plan?" I asked.

"Oh, right. I guess that would be a smart thing to do. All right. You know that spider eye soup you ate? Well, it has very powerful, or at least as powerful as it's gonna get.. Essence of wolf inside of it. I gave you enough to grant yo ugh power of a werewolf, only your ability is controlled.. by using that moon crescent. Go on, use it." She said.

I turned into a small pup and before I knew it I was looking for the staff.