Entry No. 14

I slowly walked up behind Garroth. Several paces behind him I saw him grab his sword, I hitched my breath and he let go of it again. I got closer and kneeled down behind him. My face just inches away from his beautiful blonde locks.

"Garroth?" I called, "Are you okay?"

"Yes, of course." He said, standing up and picking up his helm.

He put his helm on, immediately making me wrap my arms around his torso.

"Garroth I know that is not the right answer," I said looking down, "do you not want me to know?"

Silence filled the air. I dropped my arms, not wanting to trap him. He turned around, now seeing the tears that had formed at my eyes for several minutes now. I could tell this hurt him, to see me hurt. I didn't intend to hurt him more. He pulled a hand up to my cheek to wipe away my tears. I slowly traced my hand up and wrapped it around his to keep it there. Tears were now flowing out of my eyes.

"I want you to know you can trust me... I know I don't show that with how I act sometimes and how I feel you shouldn't be more loyal to me than Aph.. But you can trust me.. I'll always be on your side, whether I'm allowed there or not. And I just.. I'll be there when you need me.. and I... I really missed you-"

Garroth pulled my hand out from under his before taking off his helm once again. I stared into his beautiful blue eyes... They looked like Vylad's..

"Garroth I-"

"I don't show my face to people because... I'm from a noble family.. I was arranged to marry so I left. I ran away and didn't look back. I hid my face so no one could tell it was me." He told me.

I stood, shocked that he would do this.

"I trust you, more than you may think. I wanted to share this with you because of this." Garroth said.

"Garroth... I'm sorry." I said, hugging into him.

I pulled as close as I could get. We both needed it right now.

"Garroth... I... My response to Donna's question, that's what started this?" I asked, not really wanting an answer, "I answered like that because I think I was in love in the past. He was a sweet man, and the best friend I seemed to have had-"

"You don't have to explain anything to me."

"But I want to, because I want to tell you about it. When I was reading his letters I just, it brought a few things back for me. It reminded me of who I am. For that, I fell in love with the idea of him." I began looking up at him, before soon staring down again.

I wanted to to tell him all about everything else. I just couldn't... For Aph's sake.. and his..

"Thank you for sharing that with me," he said with a smile.

"Garroth?" I asked, looking up at him, "Can I stay with you during your watch tonight? I don't want to be alone tonight."

His blush was much more apparent now that his helm was off. He nodded before I put his helm back on his head and we headed to his guard post. We sat at the top of the guard tower, watching the town and the stars. I slowly dozed off, happy that Garroth and I were vulnerable with each other.