Entry No. 52

I was woken up to a sudden pain. I felt a pull towards Kiki's and rushed there. I found her laying in bed. Garroth, Dante, and Laurence came in soon after and I sent Garroth to Aphmau. I sat beside Kiki, I looked over to see the pendent breaking. I held her hand and she quickly squeezed it.

"It's going to be okay, just breath,I think the baby is coming," I said.

I got her to breath with me and before I knew it the baby was born. I wrapped her up and laid her down beside Kiki. Aphmau came climbing up the ladder soon after.

"Oh Aphmau, isn't she beautiful?" Kiki said.

"Kiki! She's precious!" Aphmau responded.

"Hehe! Thank you! Now I'm just stuck thinking of a name for her..." Kiki said.

"You'll figure something out!" Aph said, cooing at the baby.

"I.. I think I want to name her Leona... It means lion. I want her to be strong when she gets older," Kiki said as she stared down at the baby.

"She will be with you as here mom," I said.

"Hehe! Thanks! Now I just... Want to spend some time alone with my little angel. Would you mind giving us a moment?" Kiki asked.

We both nodded before heading downstairs. Aph talked with the guards and I waited incase Kiki needed anything. Aph soon left and the guards were left wondering.

"You all can head back, I'll stay with her until morning at least," I said.

They all nodded before heading off, or at least o thought they had.

"You can't just take care of her all night, M'lady," Garroth said.

"I'll be alright Garroth, this isn't my forst all-nighter," I said chuckling as I got some water for Kiki.

Garroth somewhat bickered with me to sleep the whole night. I did end up sleeping for a little while before going to go grab Malachi and drop him off at Aphmau's. We were on our way up when we bumped into Katelyn.

"Good morning Lady Y/n," she gestured.

"Good morning Lady Katelyn, I've been meaning to talk to you, are you free?" I asked.

"Yes I am, in fact, would you like to come aboard for tea?" She asked.

"I would love that," I said, "Malachi, do you want to head on up to Levin and Zoey for breakfast?"

He nodded before rushing up the stairs. I walked with Katelyn anf he guards before making it to her ship. She brought me to the captain's quarters and we sat down with a pit of tea.

"So, how are you? I haven't seen you around much lately?" I asked as she poured the tea.

"Good, our business out here had been doing well," she said.

"That's good, well, I might as well get straight to the point shouldn't I? I wanted to ask you where your loyalties lay?" I asked, "By that, I mean, are you willing to fight for Zane until the bitter end, or are you not leashed?"

"I knew you were smart." She said with a smirk before handing me a cup of tea and sitting down, "No, I'm not some loyal pet, but why do you ask."

"I was wondering if a war between Phoenix Drop and O'khasis were to happen, who you would help," I said, sipping on my tea.

"Well, depends on what Phoenix Drop thinks of me," she said with a chuckle.

"I know you are a woman of power, you've built a good life for yourself, but I also know you have the same kind of heart as Jeffory. You want only what feels right, don't you?" I asked.

"Do you really think I have a heart like Jeffory's?" She asked.

I nodded, "I can tell you're a good person, though most might be scared of you, you're diligent and tactical. Good for a fighter, as well as an ally."

"So you're asking me if I would side with you?" She asked.

"Yes, I only want what's best for the people here in this village, and I think you could help with that. If it weren't for the position you hold I would see you more often, though I understand the importance in appearances," I explained.

"My my, I have to say, I'd be honored to call myself your ally. Though I have to say, I would be much more honored to call you a friend," she said with a smile.

"I thought that was already decided?" I said with ha smile before standing up, "I should probably get going if I want to keep appearances of my own. I hope we can do this again sometime. Oh, and since this worked out so well, I might as well do you a solid."

I walked out of the door only to look back, "I swear Lady Katelyn, I'll report back my findings."

She smiled back at me before waving me off. I made it back to the shore only to feel eyes on me. I looked up to see Laurence looking down at me from the guard tower. I sighed, knowing this wouldn't end well. I walked around the town, checking up on everyone. I felt a sudden wave of fear as if a puzzle piece was being connected, it was like I could feel the slightest bit of Lady Irene once again. Before I knew it I was in the original guard area. All of the magicks users and guards were assembled for some kind of meeting.

"I've gathered you all here today because you are all an expert in your field of craft. Be it from travel experience, magicks, or witchcraft. Zoey, can you explain the series of events that lead to the creation of the amulet before us," Garroth said.

"I can... As you all know I reside in Lady Aphmau's house. I was busy getting ready to present my idea of hosting a baby shower to Kiki and the other ladies of the village for little Leona when Lady Aphmau came into my room with Dante. Lady Aphmau started talking to me and the next thing I know... There was a newly merged pendent on the floor.. Made from the remains of the necklace that cursed Alexis which I held in my room and the one that little Leona was born from," Zoey explained.

"That's the story, what we fail to understand is exactly why this happened," Garroth said.

I thought about it, both items had come from Zane... Maybe he had planned for it all along. It was possible that he needed both items used before they would merge and he took the opportunity on the two girls.

"Was this an accident?" Laurence asked, I couldn't quiet look him I nthe eye at the moment.

"I'm not sure, no one moved or caused anything to happen... I would have sensed something initiating. The pendents just came together as if they were waiting for this moment the whole time," Zoey explained.

"What's even more concerning is that one of the amulets happens to be the one that transformed Alexis into a grown woman, a Shadow Knight to be exact," Laurence said.

"Is Alexis still a Shadow Knight, Laurence?" Dale asked.

"From what I can tell, no. She was one yes, but she became one in an instant, through different means... Real Shadow Knights are not made like that... Not that that's anything to be proud of.." Laurence explained.

"What the question comes down to is... Is this amulet something we need to hide, study, fear.... What is it exactly?" Garroth said.