Entry No. 55

I could feel some kind of evil presence in the village. The same kind I felt out in the forest when I sensed something was wrong with Garroth.

"Stay away from that presence, I don't trust it.." Vylad said.

I woke up the next morning to find Lucinda had made herself comfortable by sleeping with me. I was about to try to get out of her hold to make some breakfast when she grabbed me by the hips and pulled me closer.

"Good morning sweetheart," she said as she tamed.

"Lucinda?" I asked in a somewhat annoyed tone since I had an extra bedroom and that she even thought she needed to watch me while I slept.

"What? You never showed me a spare room," she did with a smirk.

"Fine," I said before getting up to make breakfast.

After I finished making it I headed into Malachi's room with two plates and we are while Lucinda worked.

"I'm still confused about all of this that's happening to Malachi... It doesn't make any sense.." she mumbled.

"What sense can you make of it?" I asked, hoping there would be something.

"Look, I get that Malachi wants to live a normal life... I've seen him pretend to eat, pretend to run... Heck he ever refuses to levitate, but this... I want to believe he's pretending to be injured, but I've tried on Ice Pick on him and it's not waking him... I've picks are meant to touch spirits. This is real pain.." Lucinda explained.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked.

"Honestly.. Y/n, I cannot say. I really can't... This goes beyond what I'm able to heal.." Lucinda said sadly.

"What about Kawaii Chan?" I asked.

"I'm afraid if I'm not able to figure this out then she'll be of no use either... I'm not putting her down, it's just... I study multiple powers and potions seeing as I'm not limited such as magicks users are, but this... This condition is one I've heard nothing about nor is it something I can seem to fix. My best bet right now is to stay by Malachi's side and study what is going on with him... I can study some saplings Zoey has to see if I can figure anything out but still... This is so frustrating!"

I tried to comfort her. She had suffered so much because of her witchcraft, she just wanted to help. We ended up hanging out around the house. I was outside brushing Mystic's hair, thinking of everything that's been happening lately. I felt someone come up behind me. I looked back to see Laurence.

"You caught me," Laurence said with ha smile, "Well, you want a training session?"

I nodded and we went to the guard station and sparred. I was already doing a lot better after sparring with Garroth, though I could tell I was a long ways away. I started trying to memorize how Laurence would take me down and started using tactics against those. I ended up learning a lot from him. I could feel.. Zane... He was coming.. And he was really close.

"Y/n... You have to be smart here.." Vylad warned.

"You pick up quick," he chuckled.

We both looked down to find a very worried Brian rushing to Aphmau. Laurence rushed off with her as there was some trouble at the gates. I rushed home, noticing that Nicole house looked empty. Lucinda was in Malachi's room.

"We need to pack up everything." I said.

"Why?" Lucinda asked.

"Zane's here.." I warned.

"I'll prepare my house to get teleported, you can bring all of your stuff to my house if you want to make it easier," Lucinda said.

I nodded to her before packing crates and bringing them over to her house. I moved boxes what felt like all night before actually moving myself and Malachi over. I brought him up and laying him down on her spare bed.

"I thought it might be easier for you to just stay in this house," I said.

"You know, they say girls move quick, but I have to say I didn't expect us moving in together this quick," she giggled.

I decided it would probably be best for me to go out tonight. I headed towards the masked man's camp only to find Aphmau and Laurence there already.

"It was an item that could be used to traverse dimensions without the use of any materials. The amulet was ripped apart by Enki. A curse put on each piece to prevent any one person from rejoining them," the masked man said, "And so she joins the party."

"What..? Why does Zane want all of the amulets then?!" Aphmau asked, obviously not wanting to acknowledge my presence.

"I don't know and I do not want to find out. Now.. it's best if you return to your home. If you're gone for too long I am afraid whoever is watching you may become suspicious. Please take your leave. I will be watching," the masked man said.

Laurence and Aphmau left.

"So you've heard the news I suppose?" I asked.

"Zane's arrival, yes. It's not going to end well I'm sorry to say," he said.

"I know, it's a rough feeling trying to even encourage them," I said.

"Well, it's an idea that needs to be gotten used to. Anyways, you should probably go, I'm sure at least one of your lovers wants to see you," he said.

I waved off before leaving towards the guard area. I knocked on Garroth's door, hoping that maybe today I'd get an answer.

"Garroth!" I called.

"It's me, Y/n... I know it's late, I just.. Wanted to see you.. Though I guess you're not ready.. Zane arrived today at the gates.. The thought of war is inching closer.. Please... Don't do something you'll regret.. Well, I'll let you sleep.. I'm sure you need it.. Goodnight Garroth... I.. I miss you.." I said before leaving back to Lucinda's.