Entry No. 56

I woke up to a loud bang and a huge force of magical energy. I sat up only to see that Malachi was awake! And.... Human...

"W-W-What's happening?!" He questioned.

"This is.. This is impossible! How would this have happened?!" Lucinda shouted.

Zoey soon brought over Levin and Lucinda discussed Malachi's wake with Zoey.. All I could do was hug Malachi.

"You're.. You're human..." I said as I cried.

"Mom! Are you okay?!" Malachi questioned.

"I-I'm just so glad you're awake... And that you're human again.." I said as the tears poured out.

"I'm glad you're happy mom! But I'm even more happy I can feel your warm hugs!" He said with a smile, "I love you mommy!"

"I love you too Malachi," I said.

I spent some time with Malachi, I was glad that he was awake. I looked out the window as he slept to see Dante rushing towards the house and Garroth and Aphmau talking.

"Lucinda, I have to go, I'll be back shortly," I said before rushing off in the direction of Garroth.

A stood several feet away as Garroth and Aphmau talked. I only stared at Garroth... I missed seeing him.. He looked back only to see me. I'm guessing he was going to go see Raven.. He started to walk passed me.

"Garroth!" I said excitedly.

"What do you want M'lady?" He asked.

"Garroth.. No.. Don't tell me..." I said sadly, hoping that the evil presence didn't get to him.

"I have to go M'lady," Garroth said before walking off.

I stared out at where he left. I wanted to have that warm and protective man back... But I'm pretty sure he was gone for now.. I came back to Lucinda's house only to find her preparing for a spell.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"The guard wants me to go to Pikoro Village to ask to aid us in the war, I'm just about to head out," she said as she lit the candles.

I sighed as a migraine started to grow.  I watched as Lucinda teleported to Pikoro.. Only then feeling all of my loneliness hit like a brick. I noticed the movement of the evil presence.. It had moved to.. Katelyn? I looked out the window only to find Aphmau and the masked man rushing after it..

The next morning I was woken up by Laurence shaking me.

"What? What?" I said annoyed, I had actually slept a few hours, which was some of my best sleep lately..

"Lady Katelyn requested you were there for her meeting with Lord Aphmau and the guard," he said.

I nodded before quickly getting up and following Laurence to Aphmau's house. I sat down next to Katelyn at Aphmau's kitchen table.

"Thank you for this opportunity. I'm sure because of my Jury of Nine title and the fact that I'm working alongside Zane does not make me a comfort to have in your presence given the current state of affairs, but I need to take my chances for you to hear me out," Katelyn said.

"You better make it quick," Aphmau warned.

"Aphmau.. You remember why I originally came to Phoenix Drop? Correct?" Katelyn asked.

"You wanted to get information about Jeffory the Golden Heart," Aphmau said, making me get close to tears.

"Correct..." She said, before I cut her off.

"You received the news I suppose... That he's dead?" I asked Katelyn.

She nodded sadly to me.

"What?! How?!" Laurence asked.

"You've got to be kidding me..." Dante said absolutely shocked.

"What happened..?" Aphmau asked.

"Zane happened.." I mumbled.

"That evil.. Prick! How dare he! Jeffory had a daughter he loved!" Katelyn yelled as she started to cry.

I wrapped an arm around her shoulder as tears started to fall from my own eyes once again.

"Are you okay?" Aphmau asked.

"No. No I'm not okay at all. Jeffory.. Jeffory was a great friend of mine. In his honor... In his memory.. Is why I'm here today. I did not come here for Zane to find out more about Jeffory. Once you are in Zane's custody you are as good as dead if youre not useful. I could not find any information or anything that could save him... I had no evidence to make him look innocent for letting you go.... But the least I could do was watch over you," Katelyn explained.

"You knew he let her go?!" Aphmau questioned.

"Yes. You knew Jeffory didn't serve Zane when he so willingly allowed Lady Y/n to leave Pikoro Village with two Lords. Both Jeffory and I... Do not serve Zane, though we play our part in making him believe we do," Katelyn explained.

"Then what are you doing with Zane?!" Aphmau questioned.

"Jeffory had his reasons for why he did. As do I. However there is a time to disclose that and now isn't the time. Just know that I have been on the side of peace since the very beginning. The armor sets I bestowed upon you and your knights... That was a gift solely from me.  I took them from Zane's armory before he could replicate them for his soldiers. And now, I give these gifts to your guards," She explained as she set four swords on the table.

The boys took them and they looked beautiful.

"This is the least I can do for you now," Katelyn said.

"Why are you doing this?" Aphmau asked.

"As I said I am on the side of peace, each of these weapons is believed to have a blessing from one of the Divine Warriors," Katelyn explained.

"Divine Warriors?" Aphmau questioned.

"You know nothing of the Divine Warriors? Forgive me for my sudden reaction to that... I should have figured you did not know of them... Seeing as Irene is the only one who is worshiped to the extent she is in this region," Katelyn said.

"Can you tell me more about this?" Aphmau asked.

Katelyn explained each of the Warriors to her... It was almost nice to reminisce about them.

"I don't understand why you are helping us since you were with Lillian last night.." Aph said.

"I had a feeling you were with the presence last night..." I mumbled.

Katelyn and Aphmau continued to talk business.

"Now, Lady Y/n, would you walk with me back to my ship?" Katelyn asked.

I nodded and we left to her ship.

"I'm glad that was all finally cleared up," I said.

"As am I," Katelyn said.

I looked up only to see Garroth running off. I started to run after them.. but stopped when they went into the guard station. I watched as Garroth came out.. He looked towards me, only to rush off in the opposite direction. I felt a huge presence coming and quickly rushed to Malachi.

"Malachi, I need you to get ready to go, pack a few things as I get ready," I said.

He nodded before grabbing a few things as I grabbed my staff and potions.. and armor. I grabbed Malachi and we rushed to Zoey. We found her in Aphmau's spare room tending to Brendan.

"Zoey, I'm sure by now you know what's going on... Please.. Take Malachi with you. I need him to be safe," I said.

She nodded to me and rushed Malachi upstairs to find Aphmau talking with Levin in his room. She looked back at me worriedly before sighing.

"Let's not make this about us... Please? For them?" I asked.

She nodded and we explained everything to Malachi and Levin. We played with them before falling asleep.