Entry No. 35

"Y/n!" They all said happily.

"You actually found an exorcist?" Garroth asked.

"Yes I did," I replied.

"Yeah! I knew you could do it!" Laurence cheered.

"Well, get to work Mr. Exorcist. We have somewhere we need to be," Dante said.

Damien laughed, "I finally found you Malachi.."

I stood infront of Damien, scared of what that meant.

"I've searched for you for years and now I've finally found you and your castle. All right.. Let's do this!" Damien said.

"What is he doing?" Laurence asked.

"Get behind me!" Dante shouted.

I could here Malachi's scream and it scared me more than anything else.. I saw a flash, only filling me with wonder.

"What?" I questioned.

"Malachi.. My name is Damien Yale, descendent of Thomas Yale that man who knocked you off the balcony and killed you.. Almost ten centuries ago.. I've been searching for you for a very long time..." Damien explained.

"What have you done?" I asked.

"I did exactly what you asked me to.. I set him free. I never came here to hurt him.. I came here to tell him his story," Damien explained, "Malachi.. You died over 900 years ago at the hands of my ancestor, Thomas. Back then magicks was still a new concept to the humans, we only knew elves to know how to use it. Your power... What you had made you a magicks user. Your parents sent you to Thomas to find a way to "cure" you, since your ability to show people their fears caused the people of your village numerous nightmares. Your parents were the lord's of that village and they might have been forced to execute you if you couldn't control your gift. They only wanted to help you, Malachi. They loved you so much. Thomas wanted nothing more than to help you as well.. However being around you caused him to go insane with his own fears being shown to him and he eventually cane to fear you. Lost in his mind he shoved you not knowing the balcony was behind you. That's when.. Malachi's parents sought out a "curse" magicks user and placed a curse on Thomas and his descendents. Until Lady Irene came and delivered us from that curse.. but.. For some reason I could hear Thomas crying from his grave. However now, it's stopped. Everything feels right here."

"I..." I mumbled.

"Malachi.. Be free. I'm sorry for what happened to you, I wish I would have been there to save you. At least now, I can deliver you from your own fear. Goodbye," Damien said before leaving.

"I don't care to know the story that monk and Malachi. We have other people to save right now. Let's head straight out to the Eastern Wolf Tribe village tomorrow morning, at sunrise," Dante said.

"Alright Dante," I replied.

"That monk.. That was.. Interesting. I don't know if we should inquire more about that from Malachi. He's probably hurting enough," Garroth said.

"I agree," I said.

"Nine hundred years ago... That was around the time of Lady Irene.." Laurence wondered aloud, making me shutter internally.

I got close to Malachi, "Are you okay?"

"I feel free... I feel.. Alive.." he said slowly, surely confused in the happiness, "I remember who I am. That's more than enough for me.. I wish I could have asked that man more but.. I'm okay. I really am."

I held him close as he started to sob,   "You have me now, don't worry."

"T-Thank you.. Umm... Do you think I could have some time here before we leave? I'd like to say goodbye to my fears," Malachi asked.

I nodded with a smile, "Of course."

"About what he said about my powers being uncontrolled... That has changed. I am now in full control of my.. "gift".. I just.... I'm so.. I feel reborn, even if I am a ghost. I am so happy to have you... T-... Thank you.." he said.

I squeezed him tight in my hug, maybe a little to light as we fell over into the snow. We both giggled at this, though it was very cold. I was glad to have Malachi around. I think he was going to be just as much good for me as I was him. We set up camp for the night, though I didn't sleep long. I work up early and walked around the court yard. I didn't know what it was exactly, but I could just feel something. Before I knew it I was pacing back and forth, thinking about everything. I paced back toward the castle doors to see Garroth standing there.

"Lady Y/n, it's late.. We only have a few hours before we need to depart to the Eastern Wolf Tribe. Is something on your mind..?" He asked.

"Yes actually," I said.

"You can feel free to confide in me. Is it something you can talk about? I understand that since Laurence and I met up with you and Dante we haven't had much time to talk about your expedition. Tell me, did Kiki make it to the wolf tribe safe?" He asked.

I told him all about Aphmau's surprise when she got to Brightport and Nicole and how I found Donna... It was actually shorter than it felt though.. Before I knew it Laurence had come out after I asked Garroth a little about him running away from O'khasis.