Entry No. 11

Vylad and I sailed out towards the East, hitting land after not to long. I tried to think back in Aph's stories.

"After coming to Brightport she went with the wolves to the... Southeast.."

I started to head that way and found a small village of hay roofed houses. I saw some guards outside a cave and as I walked towards them, they came closer to me, giving me the impression that they were coming to detain me. They grabbed me before taking me inside. They all seemed confused for some reason. I felt weird as they smelled me.

"Why do you smell of our pack?" The, what I was guessing alpha, asked.

"Well, apparently I spent a lot of time here back in the day," I said.

They all stared in confusion as to what that meant.

"Maybe your elder might know of me."

They quickly called in the elder and sniffed all around me.

"My great grandfather told me of this scent. "The day you smell of a (desired scent) being, is the day you understand of our savior" he used to say." The elder wolf asked.

"Probably something he heard from his great grandfather."

"The savior he spoke of was Lady Ereni, are you really of her flesh and blood?" He asked.

"I am her," I spoke, "I come for knowledge."

"What do you wish for sister Ereni?"

"Do you hold a festival for me?"

"Yes, our ancestors have passed the celebration down for generations." He said.

"Would you mind if I could see it?"

"Tonight is the first night of the festival," The elder said.

"Perfect," I said with ha smile.

"We shall set up the farmhouse as a place for you to stay sister." The alpha said.

"Thank you Alpha."

"It is a blessing for our sister to be home for her celebration,"

The elder and myself left the cave.

"Did you ever hear stories of my life?" I asked.

"Of course, every festival we tell the story of you becoming our savior and what you did for us."

"Is it really as much as everyone puts it up to be?"

"Yes, you saved us from ourselves.. You stopped every war between the tribes. You didn't even do it as we do now. You didn't arrange marriages, well, unless those married had wished for it. Your charismatic communication was able to get the wolves to rationalize. In many tribes today still hold temples to you, though some have torn off from the love of you," The elder explained, "You seek more than just a festival.. And you ask as though.."

"My memory was erased."

"We can give you then ancient texts we have for festivals. If our sister is in need, we must give back for your many years of service to us."

"Thank you elder."

He nodded to me before showing me to the ancient texts. I took them before thanking him once again. I headed off to the farmhouse. Their village was beautiful, air flowing throughout it with ease. I sat outside looking over the books. One was just notes I had made on making treaties and rules for wolves, which wasn't all that interesting, but another had been a book full of letters from Enki, like I had read before.

Dear Ereni,

How has been the treaty between the Eastern and Western Alpine werewolf tribes going? It's been a while since you've been back and we all miss you. I hope that you are finding a way to find some sort of fun. Things have been boring around these parts without you. Maybe when you're done we should go on a trip to that northern island we love. Irene is calling so I must go, but I'll see you around.

With love,
Enki

Dear Ereni,

Happy soon birthday! Here is my formal invite to go on a fun get away for your birthday. You deserve the best birthday a girl could ask for, even if that's just staying away from people for a while. I heard there is a very pretty crystal cave in the Gal'ruk region. Or the beaches in Ru'an. Let me know what you want and I'll make it happen. I can't wait to give your gift.

With love,
Enki

The pages were full of his letters. From check-ups, to plans, to announcements. I got towards the back though, and a loose one fell out.

Dear Ereni,

I don't know when you'll receive this letter. I don't even know if you'll ever receive it. Today I lie on death's door. Though I wish we could have been together longer... I wished they never figured it out that day... You knew of my love but I wasn't able to act on it as much as I should have and for that I'm sorry... Though I don't know what comes after death, I promise you that any reincarnation of me stay at our island. It is where I fell in love with you and it is where I will continue to. Knowing you, you probably outlived me... Who knows... I just want you to know that every day without you, the idea of you kept me going. That I would one day tell you I loved you. I will never know if you reciprocated those feelings, but I promise, if I reincarnated, I will not hide my love for you. You matter more to me than the sun and the stars... And so, for the last time...

With love,
Enki.

I didn't realize it but I had been crying, well more like sobbing. And like that, I blacked out once again.