Entry No. 8

I somehow had reached a village of some kind. I stopped and rested for the night before searching around the village. I checked out a couple of books from the local library and apparently there was some kind of shaman living around these parts. After seeing that I had hoped he could get me some kind of potion to bring back lost memories or at least push me in the right direction. Another book I read was all about the disconnection between Lady Ereni and the Divine Warriors.

"It was said by traveling elves that there had been a meeting and when she came back, she was never the same. Most think that there might have been an argument among them and that landed Lady Ereni out of the Divine Warriors. A text from the journal of Enki had been found, but no one could decipher it, though some had guessed that it might have been a letter to Ereni." I read.

I looked closely at the text, almost immediately translating in my mind.

Dear Ereni,

I'm sorry for this. I know just how much the meeting must have hurt you. I know Irene may not like it but I will try to send you these letters when I can. I feel guilty that my feelings have been part of your banishment. I'm sorry. Know that Memphia, Kul'Zak, Esmund, and myself all miss you dearly. Please stay safe. Wait for us...

With love,
Enki

"That..." I mumbled in a shocked tone, "I responded like that... And... The similarity between Lady Ereni and I.. Are we the same?"

I was lost in my thoughts. No way I could be her, right?

"I... I need to find that shaman." I said, getting up and asking around town.

I walked up to a red headed guard, hoping he might know the answer. I tapped him on the shoulder, making him turn to look at me. I see him subtly checking me out.

"Hello the beautiful, what might I do for an angel like yourself?" He asked.

"Ummm... I'm looking for a shaman?" I asked, shocked by his confident flirting.

"Ah yes, the chicken shaman. Well my love, I myself do not know where he is but I have heard from villagers that he lives just outside of Meteli, but what is an angel like yourself needing a shaman for?"

"Just trying to figure out a mystery. Thank you for that information though." I said, a blush forming in my face.

I started to turn away when he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Ah mademoiselle, how I hate to see a beauty like you leave so soon. Make sure you see me again sometime? The name's Laurence."

"I-I will. Oh! My name's Y/n."

He smiled at me brightly before I left off to the outskirts of the village. I saw a fairly large home with two large chicken guards so, I was pretty sure I was in the right place. I knocked on the door, hearing the bawks of many chickens on the other side. The door opened to show a man with a somewhat scruffy appearance.

"Is this the local shaman's home?" I asked.

"Yes, now what do you want." He said bluntly.

"I was just wondering if you could make a memory potion... Or maybe a spell?" I asked.

"Memory huh? What? You forget something?" He asked.

"Yeah... I guess you could say that." I said.

"Well... If I were to do that kind of thing I would need the help of many other magicks users. Usually only powerful witches work with memory."

"Witches?" I questioned.

"Yes."

"Do you know of any witches?" I asked.

"What is this? 20 questions?" He asked.

"I'm sorry, I'm very confused and I really need some clarity." I said.

"Well, last I heard, there was one out near Pikoro Village... Or was it the Eastern wolf tribe?" He questioned.

"Thank you for all of this information!" I smiled at him.

"Stop that. You're being to nice... I don't like it.." He said.

"Ok, well I should get going." I said.

"My people wish you luck on your journey. Come back sometime and I will show you the true ways of my people." He signalled to the chickens.

"Thank you so much for all of that information Shaman!-"

"Call me Castor."

"Ok. Thank you for all that information Castor. I look forward to visiting your people again. Now I need to go find out my mystery. Take care!" I said leaving.

As I walked, Vylad appeared next to me.

"Already got a ship built to make it easier to travel anywhere." Vylad said.

"You know, for my guide and protector not being around much, I feel very guided and protected."

"Who said I was never around?" He said, disappearing again.

I walked up to the familiar red head on the way to the docks.

"My my what a beautiful angel that has fallen from heaven. Did it hurt?" He called.

I chuckled at his flirting, "I will be leaving, my partner has set up a ship for us to depart."

"Once again my love must leave. Oh, how will I bear the pain?" He said dramatically.

"I'll see you around Laurence." I said, a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

"I will wait for that day my love," he said, kissing my hand.

I said goodbye before putting Eri and Mystic in golden lassos before getting on board our ship.

"Are you really sure you want to regain your past memories?" Vylad asked.

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" I explained.

"Well, there's a lot of trauma you would be unpacking. It's gotta be hard."

"What else am I supposed to do? Go home and pretend nothing happened?"

"Actually, I think the person you need may be there."