Entry No. 53

The amulet seemed to pulse. I could feel my pulse speed up as I heard it. I was suddenly filled with fear and quietly hyperventilating.

"Kawaii Chan has never seen something like this in her life..." Kawaii Chan said.

"Same, it's not even radiating any kind of magical aura.." Lucinda said, which made me question her.

"Don't, it's about Lady Irene, you have to just let it happen.." Vylad said.

"Why Vyl-?" I asked, only stopping once I had noticed everyone stare at me.

"Is that dangerous?" Laurence questioned.

"It's not exactly dangerous, but it can be... Usually magicks and witchcraft users can sense one another's presence and the same can be said for potions of great potency. What Lucinda is trying to say is that if someone wanted to do anything under our noses we would not even know about it until too late.." Logan explained.

"That's right Logan Kun! Kawaii Chan didn't know you knew so much about these kinds of things," Kawaii Chan said.

"I used to be a traveling merchant. Hence why Garroth asked me here. You learn things in the road," Logan explained.

"Logan is right. We have plenty of different kinds of magicks users in town plus Lucinda. One of us should have been able to feel this merging of pendants happening but it took us actually swing the event to bring it to attention," Zoey explained.

"Zoey, how long ago did this happen?" I asked.

"Maybe about a half an hour ago, why?" She asked.

I debated in my mind if I should say anything...

"Don't, it's about Lady Irene, you have to just let it happen.." Vylad repeated.

"Oh, I thought I might have felt it, but it wasn't around then.." I played off.

"We just need to know what it is.. Does anyone have any ideas?" Garroth asked.

"Y/n, please don't say anything.." Vylad pleaded, I started to notice the pain in his voice.

"Not a clue Garroth Kun," Kawaii Chan said.

"No, sorry.." Yip said.

"I have an idea, it's a little unorthodox but... Garroth, may I bring someone from outside the village into this affair? I feel like they might prove to be useful," Logan asked.

"As long as you can vouch for them then yes. You may," Garroth responded.

"Wait here.." Logan said.

We waited and Logan brought back the new merchant.

"Hm, this looks like se juicy jewelry here... It might refresh my memory of I was given a few coin..." The old man said.

"You aren't getting coin from anyone. Tell us about this amulet if you know anything or I'll burn your wares," Logan threatened.

"Gah! Okay Logan geez, transforming into a werewolf has made you even more of a hothead than before. Yikes!" The man said, "I was in another town recently, the town of Levi's which is west of here, it had quite a few problems... Not a very nice town, I don't recommend going to it."

"Stop with your travel guide, just get to the point," Logan said impatiently.

"Hey! I'm getting to that. If you aren't going to give me any coin for this information then at least let me tell my story the way I want to! Now... Weber was I? Ah yes, well... The town of Levi's had a lot of problems. Namely theives and troublemakers... Tow of the town's resident mischief makers had "somehow" recently corn across these necklaces that cursed them," He explained, "One of them could not eat without having some part of his body become a pig, which meant that when he ate he was just speeding up his inevitable and permanent transformation to a pig and the other turned painfully into stone gradually and became a statue of his former self over the course of two days."

"Okay, but what does that have to do with the one you see before you?" Laurence asked.

"Calm down. Geez you young people and getting straight to the point. Appreciate a good story when one is told to you dangnabbit! Anyway, the two were closely monitored but their conditions could not be stopped. Then once their transformations were complete and pendants were brought together a blinding flash happened and two pendants joined together to create one," the man explained, "The Lord ordered the newly formed amulet to be sealed in his vault, never to curse his people, good or bad, ever again. Then, the next day when the guards were wandering the grounds they discovered that the vault was broken into and the amulet was stolen!"

"And then..?" Garroth questioned.

"Oh, that's it! The end!" The man said.

"Really?" Logan questioned.

"Hey, I'm sure that must have helped! Now if you'll excuse me I have a merchant booth to set up," the man said before leaving.

"Sorry I thought he was going to be useful," Logan explained.

"He was..." Lucinda said, making everyone question her, "From what I could tell of his story... It's seems like the pendants had dual processes. One I'd to provide the wearer with some kind of power... Hence the ability to give Leona life and transform Alexis into a Shadow Knight... The second purpose to fuse together when their power has run out..."

"But Lucinda Chan, what could the pendants forming together to create a one amulet possibly do?" Kawaii Chan questioned.

"Whoever must have broken into that vault new their worth and risked being discovered to do it. I think we should keep the amulet and make sure no one knows where it is," Lucinda explained.

"Agreed. This matter will be discussed in private between guards. Everyone, thank you for coming out tonight. Please head home and get some rest, do not worry. Laurence, Dante, Brian, and I will keep the village safe. This meeting is adjourned," Garroth said.

"Oh! Remember I'm throwing Kiki a baby shower tomorrow night in her barn house! All ladies and gents are invited to come!" Zoey exclaimed.

"It's just a huge hen clicking fest! I ain't going but I'll send a present!" Dale said.

"Same, last thing I want to do is talk about babies," Logan said with a sigh.

"Babies are cute though," Dante said.

"My babies would be major cuties. Just announcing that to the world in case some beautiful girl wanted beautiful babies," Laurence said.

"Meeting adjourned," Aph said.

Everyone left and it was now Aphmau, Laurence, Dante, Garroth, and me left. I was about to leave but I was held back by the worst of words.

"Lady Y/n, do you want to explain why you were on Lady Katelyn's ship earlier today?" Laurence asked.

"Lady Katelyn's ship?!" Aphmau and Garroth questioned.

I looked back, I was already having a migraine, I didn't need this..

"I'm trying to be civil," I said.

"Civil can also be on our land," Garroth said, obviously annoyed.

"Garroth, Laurence, if you really want to talk about this can we at least spar and start practice? I need to clear my head," I said, rubbing my left temple.

Aphmau left and it was not Garroth and I sparring upstairs.

"What were you thinking?!" Garroth questioned as he came at me.

"I'm just trying to show that we aren't afraid of her, because we're not doing well at that," I explained as I dodged, only to make our swords clash.

We continued the conversation and soon enough it was just Garroth and I. We stopped sparring after Garroth had beaten me several times. My head continually growing in pain.

"Ow!" I shouted.

"What's wrong?!" Garroth asked in a panic, rushing to my side.

"Just.. my head.. I have a really bad migraine and nothing seems to be helping it," I said as I held my head.

Garroth placed a hand on the side of my head, making me look at him. He seemed to be blushing deeply before suddenly kissing me. I would've liked to object but it did make me forget about my splitting headache for a moment. Next thing I knew Garroth had signed himself up to watch over me as I slept that night.