Entry No. 50

Ulrich took us to Gale, the apparently new head guard.

"Gale, allow me to introduce you to Lady Y/n, second hand of Phoenix Drop and Laurence, guard of Phoenix Drop," Ulrich introduced.

"It's a pleasure to meet you two. My name is Gale, head guard of Meteli," Gale said.

"Gale... What were you doing at the time Hayden was murdered?" Laurence asked.

"I was asleep as was Hayden. I sensed a noose coming from his house and I quickly headed over there, however whoever executed his assassination was faster than any guard could respond to... The culprit had just done the deed and jumped out the window before I could catch him. The only thing I was able to pull from this person to identify him was a feather... A chicken feather to be exact," Gale explained.

"Do you not sleep with one eye open? How could you allow this to happen!?" Laurence said, quickly getting upset again.

I placed my hand on the small of his back. I wanted to calm him down but I also knew this wasn't the time or place.

"I beg your pardon?" Gale asked.

"If I were there this would never have happened!" Laurence shouted.

"Well you weren't, Laurence... if I recall you resigned your position as head guard of Meteli. So to say this wouldn't happen is completely irrational," Gale responded, only making this worse.

I could feel my blood boil as I'm sure his was as well. I slid infront of Laurence and stared into his eyes.

"Gale.." I said.

"What's irrational is how calm you are right now!" Laurence shouted.

I placed a hand on Laurence's chest as to try to get him to pay attention to me instead but he was just clouded by anger.

"Laurence... I understand how you feel. However I am not going to panic under these circumstances, that would only make things worse for everyone," Gale explained, "I have done everything and completed my investigation. I give you and Lady Y/n here, permission to investigate the crime scene. As Kenmur might have told you, I plan on putting that Chicken Shaman in jail, until further evidence is found."

"That's irrational.." Laurence murmured.

"This meeting is adjourned. I have business I need to attend to. Feel free to conduct your own investigation, as I understand you are working under Cadenza, our potential future Lord. But do not dare get in the way of the affairs of Meteli without proving someone's innocence, if you allow the Chicken Shaman to flee I will declare Phoenix Drop an accessory to our Lord's murder. Keep that in mind," Gale explained.

We walked out and found our way to a secluded area beside a house.

"I got a bad vibe from Gale, do you feel it?" He asked.

"I do, Laurence," I said tiredly, after feeling all of those emotions in that room I was a bit dazed.

"I don't like him. I don't understand how he allowed this to happen to Hayden," he said.

"Laurence, guards can't stop everything from happening," I said with a sigh, knowing seconds after that my response was the worse I could've said.

"Yes we can! Do you think I would ever allow something like this to happen to you!? I'd go to the ends of the earth and put myself infront of any blade to save you!" He yelled out.

"Laurence I.." I said staring into his aggravated eyes.

My head was way to dizzy to find out how to calm him. Before I knew it I was grabbing his wrists and just leaning in to kiss him. Our lips touched and I could feel him loosening up and his shoulders fall from their fixed position. I pulled away and stared into his eyes, they weren't clouded like before, and it even made me loosen up.