Entry No. 42

I sat in the tavern, hoping to find something valuable. I asked the barkeep about Burt.

"Hm? No, sorry haven't seen a Lord around here.. But the way.. The leader of the O'khasis guards, Jeffory is over there... If I were you I'd stop talking about that kind of stuff... They get Andy when people mention Lords. I guess because ours is gone," the barkeep answered.

"Can I get a water then?" I asked.

She nodded to me before going to get it. I looked over only to see, who I was guessing was Jeffory, to be coming towards me. I looked back towards the barkeep and sipped on my water. I looked behind me to see him standing right there.

"Hello mam' might I be one to buy you a drink?" He asked.

"No thanks, I don't really drink.." I said.

"Very well, then do you need someone to keep you company?" He asked.

"Sure," I said, hoping he wouldn't be suspicious if I said so.

"I don't think I've seen you around this village. Tell me, what is your name?" He asked.

"(nickname off of your name)."

"N/n, eh? Pretty name. All right, Miss N/n, is there anything this Jury of Nine member can do for a lovely lady like yourself?" He asked, somewhat flirtatiously.

"Y-You're a member of the Jury of Nine?" I questioned.

"Impressed I see? Yup. I'm quite strong, and wouldn't you say.. good looking? Heh," he said with a chuckle.

I giggled, "Oh yes, very."

We both laughed, "You can take a joke, not too bad. Would you give me the honor of treating you to lunch? I'd love to get to know more about you."

"Sure," I chuckled.

"Barkeep! You're finest dish!" He said with a smile.

We say down at a nearby table and waited for our meal, very quickly being served.

"So tell me N/n. What brings you to Pikoro Village?" Jeffory asked.

"Just passing through," I replied.

"Just passing through, eh? Well, this is no time to casually stroll by this place. As you can see the city is taken over by O'khasis guards."

"How come?" I questioned, I needed to get information but I was genuinely curious.

"The High Priest of O'khasis ordered them to be here... Quite the mess if you ask me. Though I am in no position to question that little jerk," He said, obviously not a fan of Zane.

"You don't like the High Priest?" I asked.

"Not one bit, but I'm probably the only guard of the Jury of Nine who doesn't, then again... I'm the only one who has someone who looks up to them," he answered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Oh, um... I have a super sweet little girl. She's the most adorable thing you ever did see. Here, let me show you a picture of her," he said, pulling out the picture.

I looked down at it, she really was very cute.

"She's so cute," I said with a smile.

"She's the light of my life. I love her more than money, fame, and well... Life itself! Here she is with her doggy. I got her a dog to keep her company while I'm away, and here's the picture of her playing in the lake, haha! She's such an angel," he said, I could tell he really did love her just by how he smiled when talking about her, it was sweet and reminded me about Malachi.

"Reminds me of my son," I said with a smile, "I'm sure her mother is just as adored by her as you."

He seemed to get a little sad, "I.. She did once.. She.. she passed giving birth."

"I'm so sorry," I said, sorrow filling myself as well now.

"Well, no need to dwell, you said something about your son? Sure his poppa is proud of him," he said with a chuckle, obviously not wanting to think about that tragic incident.

"Oh, I adopted him, no poppa here. I found him on my travels all alone.. Since then we've been attached at the hip, well all except now," I said with a chuckle.

"Well I'm sure he must be happy to have a mom like yourself," Jeffory said with a smile.

We talked for what seemed like forever about parenting and getting to know each other. He was an amazingly sweet guy.

"Well, I should be getting back to duty. This was nice, if you're ever in O'khasis make sure to look me up, I'd love to introduce you to my daughter," he said with a bright smile.

"I'll make sure to do that."

He kissed my hand before leaving to his guard shift. I left back to the inn and imediately Garroth called me over the amulet and we talked about what I had figured out and a plan to go off of, I sure hope this'll go well.