Entry No. 24

I watched as the two danced. Aph seemed to be having a great time. Garroth seemed to enjoy it, but not half as much as she did. Dusk slowly inches closer and Donna had all of us single ladies behind her to try and catch the bouquet. I hadn't paid all that much attention when suddenly the flowers flew straight into my arms. I looked down and blushed deeply at the fact that I had.

"Who wants to take bets?!" Donna shouted, making all the girls giggle.

I soon found myself looking out into the sea as Donna and Logan sailed off. The sight to nice to see after the feelings of today. I looked over to see Garroth standing beside me.

"Definitely better than some of the other weddings we've had here," Garroth said with a smile.

"Heh, yeah," I chuckled.

"Milady, do you ever think-"

"At last, I knew there was something about you.. Long time no see, big brother." Zane said, "Wonder what Lady Aphmau will be thinking about her guard once she knows.. And based on the fact that Lady Y/n seems fairly unbothered by this I'm sure she'll be be even more interested."

"He didn't tell me, if that's what you're worried about," I said, "I'm just a tad smarter than I may look you know... Or some may call it preseptive."

"Well then, if she really is your lover like some of the ladies say, I must say I'm a bit proud." Zane chuckled out, "Well then I suppose I should call it a night if I wish to inform Lady Aphmau of this."

Zane walked off, his infectious aura staying though.

"Garroth..." I sighed as I held my head in my hand, "I knew I should've just stayed by your side to make sure you wouldn't do something like that..."

"It's not your responsibility to protect me Milady," he said softly.

"No, but as someone who cares about you.." I said looking up into his eyes.

Water seemed to gloss over my eyes, not wanting Garroth to see I shut my eyes and my body tensed up.

"We could run away!" I shouted.

"Zane will just hurt the village.. He knows I care about it." He said, tensing up.

"Garroth, we both need to calm down.." I said, trying to clear my head.

"You don't understand.. Being forced to marry someone you don't even love.. I-I just... She's not the one I..." He tried to explain, but fear slowly took over him.

I wrapped my arms around him and I  held him close. His breathing slowed down a bit and he seemed to be calming down. I looked up into his eyes, they were heart breaking to see.

"My family is not as nice as I put them out to be.. I need some time to think... I-I don't want to make any decisions because I don't want them to hurt you... Err the village.." he said, tears starting to fall from his eyes as well.

"Garroth..." I said, my grip getting tighter on him and my tears flowing.

I could feel Garroth kiss the top of my head, almost like a goodbye.

"I'm not... I'm not just going to let you leave.." I said, banging my fist to his chest, not enough to hurt him, but enough to get the message.

Garroth walked me home that night, the silence this time not being warm, but instead very cold. We reached my door and I could feel that neither of us wanted to part. I went inside only to slide down the door as I shut it. I sobbed uncontrollably throughout the night, never able to get up from that one spot.

Once I had realized it was morning I went outside to see Brian looking into the forest. I walked up to him, worried of what it could be this time.

"Y/n, Garroth ran into the forest! You should go check on him, I'll keep watch of the village." Brian explained to me.

I rushed into the forest, even more scared now. I found Garroth stating at... Ungrth... And Laurence..

"I'm afraid my petty family drama will have to wait, we have other matters to tend to now. Look, up ahead." Garroth said.

I looked over and imediately rushed to Ungrth and Laurence.

"Y/n.." Ungrth called.

"Ungrth! What happened?!" I shouted.

"Heh.. I saved him.. I saved.. Laurence.."

"Hold on! I'll get you help!"

"Y/n, it's to late.."

"No it's not... What did you do!"

"Laurence is the only human I have ever loved like my own, he took me in in when I was.. When I was abandoned by my own, trapped in this realm. I.. I.. I had to repay him for his kindness to me, the only way I know how... By transcending the realm barriers and using my power to free him from his possession.. But.. because I transcended the realm and disturbed the space between I became corrupted and forced to this horrid ender state... It hurts, but I could feel his soul wanted a way out of that place. I could hear him calling to me..."

"Ungrth.. please... Please don't die.." I cried out.

"Die? No... Wyverns don't die.. We slumber for many eons until we are reborn again. Please.. Take care of Laurence for me.. Something strong is keeping him from turning, and with my added spirit he'll be less likely to turn into a shadow knight.. Please.. For me.."

"Of course.." I said, leaning my forehead against his, trying to give him comfort.

"Thank.. you.." Ungrth mumbled before disappearing.