Entry No. 37

I woke up to see I was still in Laurence's arms. I yawned, sitting up, bit not noticing the fact my hand was on his thigh or that our faces were only a few inches away.

"Sleep well?" Laurence whispered with a smirk.

I blushed as I noticed our position and  backed up, "Y-Y-Yes.."

"Good, we'll have to wake everyone up soon, it's close to sunrise," Laurence said.

"D-Did you-" I said cutting myself off, "Nevermind.."

Before I knew it the boys were going off to find horses. I stayed back with Malachi and the owl. I went back inside to Malachi after seeing Garroth, Laurence, and Dante off.

"Hey Y/n! Looks like Owlly here is going to be okay," Malachi said.

"Owlly?" I questioned.

"Um.. Yeah. I named him that, um.. was that okay? I'm sorry did you want to name him?" He asked.

"I like the name Owlly, let's keep it."

He giggled, "Great! Oh! I was thinking, you might want to check the rest of the castle for supplies we could use in the trip. You can take anything you want really! I have no need for worlds possessions anymore. Oh and I think they went out to tame horses, Dante said you're going to need more wood for camps and stuff. Maybe there's some upstairs. If not there's always trees outside," Malachi said.

I nodded to him before searching the closets and chests around the house. The worst thing was finding the balcony though.... The fence was still broken after all these years... I'm sure it hurt Malachi and that's why he had it blocked off. I went to go back but saw some kind of ghost.

"Thank..... You......" It said.

The spirit disappeared, I tried to calm myself before going back to looking around. After a long wait though, the guys got back with all the horses. I came out and found Dante.

"Sorry that took forever Y/n. Laurence and Garroth are terrible at taming horses. Oh, I also found your horse wandering around. Are you ready to go?" He asked.

"Yes," I said surely.

"Great. Now we're going to be heading a little South East from here, then we'll go directly East again after a few hours. I'll let you lead the way and let you know if we get off course."

I nodded to him before going over to the dead tire Laurence and Garroth.

"Give me a few hours.. I'm so tired... Taming horses is hard!" Laurence said as he laid flat in the snow.

"Kiki makes taming animals look so easy... How does she did it?!"

"I think we might want to rest for a bit first Dante," I said with a giggle.

We all laughed before going inside to sit down. I started cooking up some lamb chops I had brought from back home. I got a little help from the guys though as they talked about some "manly things". We all are and then left. After traveling for the rest of the day though, we were only about halfway there. We made a camp, setting up a tent and a fire.

"We had one direction to go in! How could you get lost Dante?!" Laurence yelled.

"Well forgive me if I wasn't paying close enough attention to the directions while I was fleeing for my life and protecting Donna!" Dante yelled.

"You two need to calm down. We'll find a way to the Eastern Wolf village, I'm sure we can't be to far off," Garroth said.

"Who's side are you on Garroth?" Laurence asked.

"I'm on Y/n's side and from the looks of it she doesn't seem concerned with your petty squabble," Garroth answered.

"Hey I'm also on Y/n's side! I just don't want her out in the cold any longer than she needs to be! Y/n you should come cuddle up next to me," Laurence said, holding out his arms.

In any other situation I might have considered it, but since he was arguing, no way.

"S-S-She can take care of herself!" Garroth said, obviously upset.

"What jealous Garroth?" Laurence teasingly called, "It's okay, you can cuddle up with the horses."

"You two calm down before I make your faces cuddle with the ground." Dante said.

"Wow, big talk from a guard who just finished training school," Laurence said.

"Don't test me." Dante warned.

"Enough squabbling! We should find high ground and try to establish a location," Garroth suggested.

"Agreed. Y/n, feel free to scout the area as well. I was only kidding about you being delicate," Laurence said, jokingly punching Garroth and Dante in the arm.

Malachi laughed, "You guys are funny!"

I looked at Malachi, he warmed my heart in all of this cold.

"I'll carry Owlly to lighten your load. Fun fact, I can make people and things I touch invisible hehe! But only for a short period of time with humans at least.... Objects are a different story!" Malachi said cheerfully.

Dante went to go scout out land, I however enjoyed the warmth of sitting with Malachi and Owlly. I looked above to see what looked to be Raven flying above. Raven dropped down and handed Garroth a letter. Garroth quickly read the letter to himself.

"Y/n! Great news! I just received an update on the village from Zoey! Everythung seems to be perfectly fine, no sign of any O'khasis guards there!" Garroth said happily.