Chapter 26: The Tower

After Naruto woke up, he demanded an explanation about what happened. I shake my head, he never catches a break.  "Hey, Shiori!"

I glance over with a smile as team ten walks over, "Hey guys, it seems that I missed something. What happened?"

Shikamaru sighs, "Sakura and her team were about to be killed so we stepped in to help."

"And Rock Lee?"

"He arrived before us and still couldn't defeat them by himself. Sakura comes to his aid which nearly killed her," Shikamaru yawns.

I frowned, "I see..." Damn that Orochimaru! He'll pay for this!

"Are you there, " Shikamaru raises his brow at me.

I smile, "Yeah, I'll see if they're fine." I couldn't walk away fast enough from Shikamaru's piercing gaze. Ino was cutting Sakura's hair so it would be semi-decent while Naruto was chatting up a storm with Sasuke. I approach with a question in mind there was something I wanted to confirm. Based on what I figured out Sasuke was the center of Orochimaru plans but for what. I want to know if somehow the Dark Village was involved with Orochimaru. I'll have to find the information from someone close to the Dark Village or Orochimaru.

"Hey, Sasuke, " I pull my lips into a cheeky grin as my arm hangs on Sasuke's shoulders.

Sasuke frowns, "What do you want?"

I whisper, "The power you demonstrated earlier was that a parting gift from a certain lunatic by chance?" His eyes widen at my question and that was all I needed as an answer. I sighed while releasing him, "I advise against using any chakra from here on out especially your Sharingan. It's time for my squad to leave before other people come to pick on the newbies."

Naruto yells, "Are you going to ask if I'm okay? Ya know!"

I turn my body facing him and furrow my brow, "Did something happen to your chakra? It seems to be imbalanced."

Naruto tilts his head, "What do you mean?" I lift his shirt with that his complaints start. I made sure no one had a view of his stomach but me. I place one finger on his stomach then funnel some chakra directly which exposed the eight-prong seal on top of a five-prong seal, there lies the problem. I pulled his shirt back down as he barks at me, "What's the big idea?!"

I smile and wink, "That's for me to know and for you to find out."

His cheeks turn red, "Quit teasing me, ya know!"

I chuckle, "You're embarrassment tickles my sadistic side a bit. You wanted my attention it's not my fault on how you get it."

"Sadistic?"

Sasuke coughs, "You better get going."

"Perhaps you're right. I'll see you later, " I jump in the trees with my team in toe heading in the direction of the tower. My footsteps on the branches every so often keeping my pace from slowing.

Chiaki jumps beside me, "You don't tease people unless you're frustrated. What happened?"

"It's nothing that can be fixed right now so let's worry after we get to the tower."

She nods and continues to watch her right for any sign of the enemy. I raise my fist to stop the group and they gather on the same branch. I nod, "Right there just a few clicks ahead there is a team lying in wait to ambush someone."

Daiki takes out his small binoculars to see the enemy, "You're plan?"

"First, we will each create a shadow clone and I'll give my clone my marked kunai then have them step into their trap. Second, my clone will throw my kunai deep into the forest. Lastly, the clones will keep them distracted while I teleport us to the kunai."

Chiaki anxiously twiddles her thumbs, "And if this doesn't work then what?"

I hum, "If worst-case scenario we would fight but not before figuring out what their jutsu and fighting ranges are. Let's get this started."

At the same time, we create shadow clones and I hand the kunai off to my clone. The group goes off to confront the enemy by snagging their trap as Daiki watches with his binoculars. I grab their hands getting prepared to teleport when he gave the signal. Daiki whispers, "Now." Without any hesitation, I activate my jutsu and we end up by the river not far from the tower.

I fell on one knee feeling the strain of my stamina and loss of chakra. Daiki quickly scoops me in his arms with sweat on his brow as we run closer to the tower, "We'll rest as soon as we're inside the tower."

I apologize, "I'm sorry for being careless..."

"No need for an apology it couldn't be helped."

Chiaki yells, "We have company on our six."

Daiki shifts his hold so I can see over his shoulder, They should give up. Chiaki weaves (Snake-then slams hand on the ground.), "Earth Style: Mud Wave." The earth begins to move like waves but she was quick to move to the next jutsu (Bird), "Earth Style: Falling Earth Spears." As the ground continued to move, rocks shaped like spikes protruded out approaching the enemy quickly. The pursuers jump a great distance back from the sharp rocks giving us time to escape inside the tower. Chiaki slams the door shut being sure our victory was permanent. She sinks to the floor while breathing heavily, "That...was...too close."

Daiki sets me down then bents over holding his knees to keep from falling while gasping for air, "We made it...without dying...lucky us."

I took out the two scrolls from my vest pocket then noticed an inscription on the wall about heaven and earth. It didn't take long to realize that the scrolls needed to be opened together. I nod at Daiki and threw the earth scroll to him. In unison, we flung open the scroll that landed in an X on the floor. Smoke appears from the scroll and when it cleared, I knew trouble was here coming to collect as Kotetsu stood with a scowl on his face. I gulp, I've done it now!