Chapter 19: Curiosity Behind the Mask

We all stroll down the street after completing several D-ranked missions. "I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE CHUNIN EXAMS, " Naruto excitedly shouts.

I smile, "Me too."

Naruto hangs his arms on Sasuke and me, "We're all going to be the best team ever."

Sasuke lip twitches, "You didn't know Shiori has her own team."

Naruto's body seized up and we all stop to look at him. I sighed, "You've done it now. "

Naruto screams, "WHAT?! WHY?!"

Kakashi explains, "Remember squads are in groups of four which includes the Jonin in charge. Our squad has five people so naturally another team had to be put together for Shiori."

Naruto's face turns gloomy, "No, fair. I wanted to be on the same team."

I pat his head, "It's okay. It'll be alright, Naruto."

Sakura inquires, "Who are your teammates."

"Daiki Yoshida and Chiaki Shima, I doubt Naruto has heard of them."

Naruto whines, "Come on Shiori give me a break."

Kakashi scolds, "Behave, Shiori. Anyway, you guys get the rest of the day off so later."

I grab his hand and wink, "Why don't we spend some much-needed quality time together." His eye widens while a blush dusting his cheeks then disappears with a puff of white smoke. I love teasing him, I smirked.

Naruto frowns, "Who are you smiling at?"

Sasuke sighs, "Moron." Sakura shakes her head without uttering a word.

I laugh, "I'll tell you when you're mature enough."

"What does that mean!" We all laugh except for Naruto, who was still confused about my statement. Suddenly, Naruto's face had a mischievous smile and begins chuckling to himself. What's he up to now, I fold my arms waiting to watch what would unfold before me.

Sakura asks, "What is it?"

"I just came up with a brilliant idea."

I hold my laughter, "You. A brilliant idea. I can't believe it."

Naruto chuckles, "Let's see what's behind Kakashi's mask."

I laugh, this will never work. Sakura looked excited about the idea but Sasuke didn't seem to have any interest in it. He turns, "I'm going home."

Naruto whispers with a smirk, "What if he has a blimp lip." Sasuke freezes in his tracks probably imagining every detail as Naruto continues, "Or he has buck teeth." He shuffles back over to the group with a newfound curiosity in his eyes.

I shake my head, "Count me out, I have other important tasks to take care of." I disappear before Naruto could disagree with my decision and run down the main street. A little girl suddenly runs out in front of the way. I leap over her about to crash into a group of some more little kids. My body stops in mid-air as the kids run past playing ninja.

"Are you running away from someone?"

I glance toward the familiar voice, "Nice catch, Kakashi."

He slips his arm under my thighs so we're eye level, "What's going on? Did you get into trouble again?"

I blush from the sudden closeness Kakashi's face was to mine, "No, nothing of the sort. I wanted to hang out with you since we're busy most of the time." I wonder if the three of them will pull this off though I highly doubt that'll happen.