Chapter 46: Hana vs Daiki!

Naruto was optimistic and overly enthusiastic about the final tournament. My focus was on Kankuro and I wasn't the only one watching him. Shino had his sights on our sand ally so I walk over to stand next to him. I whisper, "Hey Shino."

He takes a mere glance over his shoulder, "You noticed his odd behavior... You want me to keep my eyes on him, do you?"

I laugh and hung my arm on his shoulder to get close to his ear, "That's part of it. If a fight breaks out follow and fight him."

"I already set countermeasures. I won't let him leave without a fight." he nodded.

I stare at Kankuro's shoulder to notice his beetle was hiding under the shirt's collar. I pat his shoulder, "Good man. Be on your guard his puppet has been laced with poison."

I shift my gaze back to the arena with Daiki and Hana standing in their positions. Genma announces the names for this match and then the battle begins. Daiki quickly produces twenty shadow clones and each of them weaves through a series of hand signs. I focused on his hands as four streaks of lightning chakra began to transform into kunai between his fingers. "Lightning Style: Lightning Kunai." From a glance, these lightning kunai were stronger than an average elemental weapon. Many people often see elemental techniques as a low grade so enemy ninjas often scoff whenever they see it. I smirked, this is going to be an interesting fight. All the shadow clones throw the lightning kunai at Hana. She moves her body in every way possible to dodge each of the kunai. As she was distracted ten of his clones moved toward her for close combat. The other half weaved another series of hand signs and recognized it. This jutsu was used by Zen when we were fighting in the preliminaries. "Lightning Style: Electric Snake!" As Hana was fending off the shadow clones she was quick to notice the oncoming small bolts of lightning dancing across the ground. The clones made sure she was unable to move from her position. Hana weaved the dog sign before the lightning chains burst from the ground capturing her.

Dark clouds formed around the arena as she said the jutsu's name, "Balsamic Style: Black Rain." Thunder roared in the clouds and not far behind black raindrops began to fall on top of us. I stuck my hand into this mysterious rain and held the liquid close to inspect it. This black water had a white glow to it and the chakra within the liquid held a lot of chakra. I hummed, this isn't good. I focus my gaze back on the fight as the water began to slowly flood the arena. She weaved her hands again (Ram-Horse-Rat) through a very familiar jutsu. "Balsamic Style: Dark Pulse." The shadow ripple extended from her body and breaks through the lightning chain holding her in place.

Hana reaches inside her pouch and throws several kunai at him. He realized there were paper bombs attached at the ends so in response he weaves the bird sign. His form turns into a wisp of lightning to dodge the exploding kunai. He reappears nearby Hana and rushes in close with a kunai in hand. His arm comes down to slash her but she was quick to sidestep him. She counters with a horizontal jab and misses when he shifts his head sideways to dodge. He throws several jabs and with quick reflexes, she deflects his combo. Before he could strike again, Hana hurls her kick into his stomach and throws him back several feet. She weaves her hand (Ram-Rabbit-Rat), "Balsamic Style: Drilling Moon Spears!" The dark water that filled the arena sprouted drill-shaped spears at Daiki. He was around on top of the water that rose two feet since the rain started. He did his best to dodge some of the spears but a couple of them hit his body. The injury on his arm was minor compared to his waist which left a serious injury.

Daiki builds up his chakra and the air around the arena suddenly got heavy. My eyes widen, he needs to pace himself or he'll collapse! He weaved his hands (Ox-Rabbit-Tiger), "FIRE STYLE: FIRESTORM!" The fire sprouts from his hands and turns into a fire tornado. The funnel of fire grew as it fed from his elevated chakra. This jutsu dispersed the black rain and drill-shaped spears as well as the dark water. My jaw dropped, holy shit... What a powerful jutsu!

"That was awesome!" Naruto exclaimed.

I nod, "Yeah but he doesn't have enough chakra to continue." As if on cue Daiki's body sways trying to stay up. Before he could collapse Hana catches his falling form. Genma rushes over to check Daiki's condition and announces, "Daiki is unable to continue. The winner of the fifth round is Hana Kohara."

Two medical ninjas come out with a stretcher and haul Daiki to the infirmary. Hana waves to the cheering crowd and strolls inside the tunnel. Haruna leans against the rail beside me, "I'm up next."

I glance over at the suspicious raven-haired man and whispered, "You'll have to be careful against him. We don't know when he's going to strike for real."

She nods, "Don't you worry, I've got this handled."

"I'm sure you do. We need to be ready for any attack." I returned my gaze down to the arena. Genma announces, "The sixth round participants are Haruna Akazuna versus Kai Soma. Haruna...Kai come down."

Kai raises his hand, "Protector, I withdraw from the fight so continue with the next round."

Genma's eyes widen and he sighs, "Kai Soma admits defeat, and the winner by default is Haruna Akazuna." The crowd was instantly displeased by his announcement. Genma continues, "The seventh-round participants Temari and Shikamaru Nara, please come to the arena."

Temari whips out her fan and floats down by the protector. Shikamaru blinks, "My turn already! What a drag!"

"Shikamaru get down here," Genma shouted. He mumbles about his situation and even considers resigning himself. Luckily Naruto steps in and helps out by pushing Shikamaru over the ledge into the arena.

I laugh, "You can do it Shikamaru!"