Chapter 3: Secrets Revealed

I stroll around the street corner where my house comes into view as a gentle breeze moves a strand of hair across my face. The night air had a fresh clean smell that was pleasant and serene. I nudge the gate door while shutting it behind me so as not to cause too much noise. I walked up the stone path of the front yard and paused next to the peach blossom tree. This tree held my attention as I examined it from my peripheral vision at the glowing fruit but when I turned to look the glow had completely dissipated. I turned my head and then whipped it back to see if it would glow again with no such luck. I must have imagined it. I stand at the front door while fidgeting with my fingers and reluctantly open the door to have the group waiting for my arrival.

Kane frowns and folds his arms, "Princess, where have you been?"

"I was running an errand that couldn't wait," I answered.

Tori turned up his chin while frowning at my reply. This action made a cold chill run down my spine, "Explain where you've been or trouble will soon find you." I sighed in defeat while explaining the events about how Mizuki tried to steal the scroll of sealing by using Naruto and then was beaten with an inch of his life by the very person he used. Tori laughs, "That would explain why you're so filthy."

My cheeks burned as I scolded him," Shuddup that fight was a little intense, you jerk."

Sudden dark energy filled the room and the one radiating this was Natsume whose hair was wiggling like snakes. "Tori, stop teasing Shiori. My Lady, the bath is ready for you. I'd advise you to get going before something happens," her eyebrows pulled close and down, creating a forehead crease. I swallow the lump in my throat, That's my cue to leave... Both of our eyes turned into white circles as the rest of the group smiled in discomfort. You could see the sweat beads on their foreheads. I rushed past Natsume toward the natural springs at the back of the house where I would feel safer from her wrath. I slowed down to a walk when I was far away enough and proceeded down the hall with the entrance in sight. There was a women's section on the right and a men's section on the left.

The changing area was a beautiful dark stained oak wood with a wall full of boxed cubbies to place my clothes inside. I slipped off my clothes and put the articles inside the rectangle wicker basket. I step onto the mint-colored tile floor that went halfway up the wall with a trimming of metallic gold sits a Senju clan symbol. The other wall was a mosaic of a woman by a tree eating a glowing peach-like fruit. I grab the bucket of bathing supplies and sit in front of the mirror to clean every inch of myself. I turned the fossette for the handheld shower head to spray warm water on my body to rinse the sud off. After finishing, I place the shower head back on the hanging latch and soaked a washcloth with cold water. I wrapped the towel around my body before walking out on the brown-colored stone floor that led to the hot spring. I sat on the floor dipping my legs inside the warm pastel green water and relaxed my body as the steam rose.

I set the washcloth on my head and smiled, " Ahhh, this is what I needed."

"I agree," The familiar voice happily states from the other side of the tall bamboo wall dividing the bathing spring.

I groan, "You certainly made yourself comfortable, Kakashi."

"I would be a criminal if I made myself any more comfortable."

I smirked, "Come over on this side, I dare you."

"Be careful, what you ask for, you might just get it one of these days." He warned but then as usual he changed the subject, "How's your training coming along?"

I grumbled, "You're a killjoy." He laughs waiting for my answer and I continue, "Kane and the others are helping me create my unique summoning jutsu called the six carnage warriors."