Chapter 30: One-on-One! Hana Kohara vs Shiro Harada!

The proctor announces Shino Aburame as the winner of the third round. The medical ninjas had to carry the guy away to the infirmary.  The screen flashes multiple names then reveals Tsurugi Misumi versus Kankuro. It was Kabuto's teammate against the sand guy carrying a clothed wrapped object on his back. This fight didn't last long when the leaf guy wrapped his body before Kankuro could unwrap his tool. The surprising twist was when Kankuro appeared from the cloth uses the puppet to defeat the flexible man. Kankuro had won the fourth round of the preliminaries.

Kakashi comes back with Sakura then gives me a pointed look. She leans against the railing to spectate the next fight. I join her at the railing and glance over, "Sakura. I would like..."

Sakura interrupts, "You don't need to apologize. I thought about what you said and realized you were right. I'm sorry."

My lips twitched, "You're sorry for being annoying? Don't worry I'm sure this won't be the last time."

She smiles and playfully pushes her shoulder into mine, "True." Naruto hops in the middle of our little exchange and points to the screen.

Naruto laughs, "Look! It's Hana's turn to fight!"

My eyes dart to the screen and read as Hana Kohara versus Shiro Harada. My jaw drops, not another one! Hana strides down the stairs to the arena where Shiro waited for her. I notice right away that his katana was missing and looked across the way. Kai was sliding the sword in his waist belt for safekeeping. I frowned, what are you up to? Hana arrives without her ko-naginata that's usually carried on her back. They prepare by arming themselves with a kunai then bend their knees to move more swiftly.

The proctor tells them to start and the fight begins. Shiro weaves his hands (Dog-Monkey-Rat) and shouts, "Fate Style: Dark Wave!" He holds out his hands and shadows built up in a horizontal line like mist. The heavy and dark mist springs towards Hana like a high tide wave that knocks her down. Shiro didn't give her a chance to recover as he was already on top of her with a high heel kick ready to land.

Hana quickly weaves (Dog-Rat) then says, "Balsamic Style: Water Slicer!" She moves her fingers down in a line and a single water blade rushes at Shiro. He rolls out of its range before he could land his kick into her stomach. She moves to her next jutsu weaving (Dog-Rat-Rabbit-Snake), "Balsamic Style: Dark Steam." A dark mist flows from her mouth into the atmosphere. This jutsu begins to cover the arena but Shiro jumps away. I sniff the air, humidity. I see.

Shiro winks while fanning himself with his shirt, "I'm way hot."

Hana gives an incredulous stare, "Not hot enough." I cover my hand over my mouth before laughter could spill out. She twirls a kunai out of her pouch then throws it at him. The kunai multiples in the hundreds in an instant as it approaches. He jumps and flips to dodge some of the knives while weaving (Rat-Rabbit-Snake-Horse).

He says, "Fate Style: Wind Torpedo." He inhales then expels a large amount of wind. This act deflects the kunai and throws Hana into the back wall underneath the balcony. The stone bursts where pebbles were visible as it flew and smoke rushes out.

I yelled, "Hana!" Sakura gasped next to me then a sudden strong and fast-moving stream of dark water slammed into him. She doesn't waste the opportunity to take the fight closer as she throws a couple of jabs. Shiro blocks each one and throws a few of his own. She jump-kicks his chest knocking his form into the wall gaining the upper hand.

Her hand's weave (Monkey-Rat-Rabbit) then shouts, "Balsamic Style: Dark River Force." The water from the dark torrent jutsu builds up creating a larger one. It smacks into Shiro hard enough it knocks him unconscious against our railing and falls. The floor was covered with dark-colored water that Hana's knees were submerged. She is the same height as me at four foot and eight inches tall. Hayate inspects Shiro and calls the match with Hana as the victor.

I recall Shiro tilting his head as if he was listening to someone or something speak before Hana executed her finishing move. I sneak a glance at Shiro before the medical ninjas took him away on a stretcher. Naruto cheers, "Good job, Hana!"

Sakura laughs, "He didn't stand a chance against Hana. It seems that the Dark village should train some more."

I clear my throat, "I disagree."

She groans, "What else is new."

I chuckle, "From what I gather they're not fighting to their fullest potential."

"How do you know?"

"My team fought their team inside the forest and they are powerful. We would've been defeated by them if I didn't teleport the team to where you were fighting the sound ninja, "I explained.

Sakura gasps, "What!"

"Did you find out anything from the encounter?" Kane said.

My lips press together tightly, "I know one thing that concerns me."

Kane frowns, "What would that be?"

"I'm somehow a part of their plans," I crossed my arms and frowned.

"Shiori?" Sakura said. I glance over at her and she smiles at me. She says, "Let's just celebrate Hana's victory and see who's up."

Kakashi lays a hand on her shoulder and points up at the board, "This is no time for celebration." We both turn our heads at the screen. The names Sakura Haruno versus Ino Yamanaka were displayed. Sakura and Ino looked at each other then made their way down to the arena. They face each other waiting for the signal from the proctor to begin.

Naruto yells, "Go, Sakura! Takedown Ino!"
Kakashi stares between the two girls probably coming up with the same conclusion as me. I can tell that both of their strengths are equal and most likely will end in two eliminations.