Chapter 31: One-on-One! Chiaki Shima vs Haruna Akazuna!

The proctor began the fight and the girls were fighting hand-to-hand combat. My mind was distracted by thinking about Sasuke's state of mind. I rub the back of my neck trying to settle the uneasy feeling in my stomach. Kakashi squeezes my hand under his hand, "I'll deal with Sasuke."

I slowly smile, "I have no doubt you will." The longer the match went on the more it became a yelling contest. Ino was so fed up that she cut off her hair to throw it across the floor at Sakura's feet. The corner of my mouth tilts up, mine aren't we the clever one? Ino attempts to cast the mind transfer jutsu then goes limp. Sakura approaches treading on the hair while lecturing her. I shout, "Keep your distance!"

I was too late as Sakura couldn't move and Ino tilt up her head. She was trapped then Ino successfully casts the jutsu but something happened. Ino was trying to make Sakura surrender inside her body to no avail. The struggle with Sakura proved to be too much as Ino was sent back to her body. The final strike that ended the match was a double knockout when they both landed a hard punch in their faces. The match was called by the proctor as a double elimination. Kakashi and Asuma take the two girls from the arena then leave them to regain consciousness behind us.

The screen draws up the next two people to battle it was Chiaki Shima versus Haruna Akazuna. My mouth drops, poor Chiaki...she doesn't stand a chance. The girls jump from the railing to the fighting arena. It wasn't long after that another girl match began. Haruna smiles, "You should attack first."

Chiaki smiles back, "Don't mind if I do." I groaned and pressed my two fingers in between my brows, this isn't good. She weaves (Ox-Ram-Dog), "Acid Style: Poison Gas!" A purple gas spews from Chiaki's mouth and spreads out to fill the space. Naruto was about to shout over the railing but I cover his mouth and nose. I warn, "Don't breathe in the gas."

Before the gas spread too far, Haruna weaves (Dragon-Rabbit-Ram), "Spirit Style: Spirit Cloak." A green translucent light forms at the shoulders and travels down to the end of her thighs. The gas was being sucked up and absorbed into the cloak rendering it harmless.

Naruto pushes my hand off his mouth, "What happened?"

I sighed, "The cloak was absorbing the poisonous gas. It's over Chiaki won't win against her."

Naruto shouts, "How can you say that about your friend."

"It's because she's my friend that I know her weaknesses and strengths," I punch Naruto's head.

He rubs his head, "THAT HURT!"

I place my finger in front of my lips to silence him, "Watch the fight and you'll see what I mean." Chiaki casts another jutsu to test Haruna's cloak but again it was absorbed. She tries hand-to-hand combat and Haruna was blocking each punch. This way of fighting worked for a little while until Haruna catches her wrist. She weaves (Tiger-Monkey-Dog-Dragon), "Spirit Style: Solar Prison!" a blinding light emits from her hand and engulfs Chiaki into a ball of sunlight.

Chiaki struggled to get free from the prison jutsu and the proctor names Haruna the winner without her using any of the stronger jutsus in her arsenal. Sakura stood beside me with a groan, "Did I miss the match?"

I nod, "The seventh match is over already. Haruna won against Chiaki." A sudden cheer for Tenten from Guy and Rock Lee startled me. I glance at the board, Tenten versus Temari. Temari was the first one to the fighting arena then Tenten jumps from the railing. Based on the weapon she was holding, I could surmise she uses wind chakra. I know Tenten uses weapons from her summoning scrolls this battle is against her. Temari will win this match and move on to the next round.

Guy and Rock Lee are cheering for her not analyzing the other opponent's abilities. "You're certainly concentrating on Temari."

I glance over at Neji, "Yes. She's going to win this match hands down."

Rock Lee shouts, "Don't underestimate her! She's worked hard to perfect her technique!"

I groan, "I know her abilities but looking at her opponent. This Temari person is stronger than Tenten. She's fighting against her weakness which will result in her defeat. Watch the fight and you'll see it." Tenten whips out her scroll and kunai flies toward Temari. Temari slightly moves her closed fan and the weapons were deflected.

Rock Lee blinks, "What happened?"

"She's using wind-style jutsu with her fan. None of Tenten's attacks won't reach this girl. Any flying weapon must push through the air to reach your intended target, " I explained.

The fight continued in vain as Tenten tries to overcome her jutsu with her raising twin dragons' move. She threw every weapon at her disposal but it was deflected again. Temari smirks, "This fight is over." My eyes widen, no!

She opens her fan showing three moons then swings at Tenten, "Wind Scythe Jutsu!" The tornado engulfs Tenten cutting up her body then she falls into the hilt of her fan. Temari throws her body off toward the floor and Rock Lee jumps from the railing to catch her, "How can you disrespect your opponent who tried her best!"

Temari smirks, "How annoying take that trash outta here."

I hope down in front of Rock Lee then glance over my shoulder, "Tenten's injuries take top priority. Don't stand there take her to see the medical ninja." Rock Lee scowls but runs over to lay her on the stretcher. My steely eyes narrowed in her direction which made her silent. My murderous aura could be felt as she was visibly shaken by the experience.

"Come back Shiori, your holding up the exams," Kakashi calls.

The corner of my mouth twitches, "I'm coming." I jump up and grab on the railing to lift myself over on the balcony.

Kakashi's eye glances over, "If looks could kill she'd be dead right now. You need to control your temperament better."

I sighed, "I know. I'm sorry." Everything was being cleaned up from Tenten's battle but I couldn't shake this feeling of being watched. I turn to look the other side and saw Gaara of the desert intensely staring at me. The aura around the guy was different like a contained bloodlust trying to break free. I groaned, Great! More attention just what I needed!