Chapter 17: The Chunin Exams

It's been a while since I've trained in private and here I am practicing other jutsu that'll be useful for the upcoming chunin exams with Tori. Earlier Kane was summoned to the Hokage office for some reason before I woke up to train. I cross my arm over my chest, stretching it, "Which Jutsu are we working on today?"

Tori scans through the list with a smile, "Learning how to avoid the Hyuga fighting style that attacks you internally. Will be important for the future."

"Avoid? What do you want me to do...shift my organs at will." I dryly state.

He chuckles, "You're hilarious but no Princess, you'll be training with Hinata while I supervise. Hinata, come out don't be shy." She comes out from behind the door at first peeking over at us.

I walk over to grab her hand and smile, "Let's go." She follows behind me while still holding my hand. We both stand in the center of the yard and wait for Tori's instructions.

He begins, "Kena and I came up with a way to block the gentle fist by creating a jutsu that reflects chakra to achieve this feat Hinata must attack with the intent to kill. Now, you two may begin."

Hinata twiddles her thumbs, "I don't know..."

I coldly stare, "Either you come at me or I'll come to you." She stood her ground but looked reluctant to attack first so I close the distance between us. I balled fist nearly hitting her cheek, she quickly reacts by blocking and throws her open palm at me. I knew that if I move any faster she wouldn't be able to land a single swing toward my body so I kept to her speed. Her two fingers landed on my forearm hitting my chakra point to block my flow.

Tori stopped us then says, "You're supposed to block her chakra and overpower hers with your own chakra. Try again and don't slow down your speed for her sake, she needs to learn how to be faster so she can hit her opponent."

We try again but this time increasing my speed while Hinata tries her best to hit me. I cover my body with chakra as she strikes hard into my chest. The result was harsh, she was knocked back with a little force that knocks the wind out of her. I rush to her side to help her stand up, "Are you alright?"

She nods, "Yeah just...out of breath."

"Excellent work princess, you learn fast as expected," Kane complements. I turn around to see him casually strolling to us holding a scroll.

Tori grumbles, "You stole my line."

He rolls his eyes, "Princess, Lord Third summons you to a meeting."

"Alright, I'm leaving. Let's go Hinata, I'll drop you off at your house."

She softly says, "That's ok. I've got to train with Kiba and Shino." We go our separate ways as I turn the corner where there were wooden fences down the whole street. There in the middle was Naruto, Sakura, Moegi, Udon, and two sand shinobi. The guy was holding up Konohamaru by his scarf.

I quickly threw my shuriken near his foot while he took off a huge wrapped up thing. I flickered over to him and surround my chakra over the wrapped up item. I warn, "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

His purple makeup eyes blink, "Where did you come from?"

My eyes narrow, "You should be more concerned about yourself. If you've come for the Chunin exams fighting is strictly forbidden between participants or causing trouble in another's village. I'm afraid I must ask you to leave towards your designated room before things get nasty."

He growls, "You're an annoying little girl"

I smirk, "Believe me the feeling is mutual." He quickly tries to slash me with his kunai but a single rock hits his wrist causing him to drop it. I spoke to the familiar chakra in the tree, "You know I could've dodged that attack without much effort."

He rolls his eyes, "You two should leave quietly or else."

My arm burned from a sudden arrival of a familiar powerful chakra deep within a pit of darkness. I cover the light shining on my forearm but not before I saw the one-tail circle glowing. The presence came from the tree and glance over to see a red-haired boy with the word love tattooed on his forehead. His cold piercing eyes were heavily lined in black like he didn't sleep at all. Geez, sleep deprived much?

He spoke coldly, "Kankuro that's enough your an embarrassment to our village." He glances at me, "I'm sorry for causing you trouble. We're leaving."

The groups walking away and Sasuke says, "Hey you the guy with the gourd on his back. What's your name?"

"Gaara of the sand, I'm curious about both of you. What are your names?"

He smirks, "Sasuke Uchiha."

"Shiori Senju, leader of my clan." Gaara blinks while the other two gasp. After our round of introductions, the three leave without another word. My eyes never left Gaara's gourd which I could sense chakra within that was part of the one tails chakra. There's something going on and I intend to find out what it is no matter the cost.

Naruto starts throwing a fit, "Why is it always you two who gets all the attention."

I sigh, "Settle down Naruto, it isn't like I go looking for it. Somehow attention always ends up finding me, besides, I've got business to attend to so if you'll excuse me." I didn't give them time to say anything before disappearing in front of their eyes into a hallway led towards double doors. The meeting's taking place inside along with high ranking ninjas there were many voices that were in a debate about adding the ten rookies in the Chunin exams. I walk inside, "I'd say let us participate. If you don't I know a few who would disagree with you Iruka which includes myself."

Iruka blinks, "What are you doing here?"

"I was summoned here with the intention of discussing what to do with me while I'm taking the exams. Of course, it's only a well-educated guess."

Lord Third laughs, "You're sharp as ever so I'll get to the point since Kakashi has recommended team seven for the exams. I've come up with a team that'll take the exams with you and luckily it's people you're acquainted with already, Chiaki Shima and Daiki Yoshida. You'll meet them when the meeting's over and Kakashi will escort you."

I nod, "Alright, one thing that I must tell you. A little birdie told me that two new villages have sprung up in recent years. The village hidden in the sound and the village hidden in the dark. Is that correct Lord Third?"

"Yes, they're participating in the exams this year." He blows smoke through his nose. I knew that the hidden sound was somehow involved with Orochimaru but the hidden dark is a mystery. Who else is trying to make a move against the village? I must find out and soon, I wonder to myself. The rest of the meeting consisted of assigning proctors for each part of the exam and security measures to protect the students from any danger. After a while, the meeting came to an end and Kakashi was leading the way to my other teammates.

Kakashi puts his hands inside his pockets, "Sorry."

I look up at him, "Why?"

"I've been so busy that we haven't properly spoken to each other. I want you to answer a few questions that involve what you saw and amongst other things," He eye drills into mine.

I bite my lip, "Be careful, flirting with me could result with more flirting."

Kakashi groans, "I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you."

I sigh, "I'm subtly trying to avoid it."

"Why?"

"Because you won't like the answers."

<CLIFFHANGER!!!!!>