Chapter 45: Shiori vs Natsume!

Genma sighs, "Due to Kankuro's withdrawal. Shino Aburame wins by default." The crowd yelled their complaints at the proctor so I take my kunai and threw it by Genma's feet. I grab Natsume's arm to teleport us into the arena to shock the audience. It worked they went silent and the corner of Genma's mouth twitches. "Someone's a little eager to start fighting."

"I don't want to keep our over-enthusiastic audience from a good battle now, would I?" I turn at the crowd with a smile and winked at them. The mood of the arena changed into whistling and cheering my name in an instant.

Genma shakes his head with a smile, "Our fourth match participants Shiori Senju and Natsume Ishida! Get into your battle positions and we'll start this match!"

I whisper over to Natsume while waving to the people, "Don't reveal your powerful techniques we're being watched."

Natsume nods keeping her smile on for everyone to see, "Just enough to entertain the audience. I got you."

We went in our separate directions giving each other space before the proctor signals to begin. Genma stood on the side to look at us and nods, "May the fourth match begin."

Natsume weaves her hands (Dragon-Horse-Tiger) and turns her palms out, "Spirit Style: Scattered Flame Shot!" A single flame ball formed in front of her palms and split into multiple fragments. These aimed fragments quickly shot toward me. I hurled my body backward with my hands raised performing multiple backflips and dodging the flame blasts. I twirled through the air while slipping my hand into my pouch to grab several kunai. Each kunai hit the ground in several areas of the arena so I build up chakra in my stomach in preparation for my jutsu. I quickly weave my hands through the hand seals and widen my legs to land on my feet. (Tiger-Ox-Tiger-Rat)

"Water Style: Water Bomb!" A highly versatile water stream shoots from my mouth. She'll use her Shatter jutsu and then throw an offensive-type jutsu. I'll have to watch her hands for an indication of her next jutsu.

Natsume weaved the dragon sign, "Spirit Style: Shatter." My water stream was dispersed as soon as it touched the orange translucent skin form barrier. As she weaved through her hand seals and recognized the jutsu immediately. I quicken my hand's pace to catch up with Natsume. At the same time, our hands hit the ground and we shout.

"Spirit Style: Surface Flame!"

"Nimbus Style: Lightning Surface!" From our hands a trail of flames and lightning races toward one another breaking the ground in its wake. When the two jutsus collided in the middle a big explosion erupts throwing debris at us. I kneaded more chakra in my stomach for my next jutsu as I slid to the side dodging the rocks. Natsume does the same jumping out of the debris range. I weaved my hands (Ox-Dragon-Tiger), "Nimbus Style: White Lightning Breath!"

I pushed the chakra up my throat and white lightning shoots from my mouth. She rolls forward under my breath attack and throws a couple of shurikens. "Shuriken Shadow Clone!" The two shurikens multiplied into hundreds in mere moments spinning my way. I took a glimpse past her attack at Natsume, A marker in front of her perfect. Before the shuriken hits its mark, I teleport in front of her and kick into the side of her body causing her form to roll across the dirt. She was thrown a far distance away from me so I decide to use a jutsu to get closer. I weave my hands (Ox-Dog-Dragon), "Nimbus Style: Lightning Rush!"

Lightning pushed out of my heels increasing my velocity; leaving a trail of white lightning. I kept my knees bent for balance as my figure rushed at her with tremendous speed. Once I was in front of her standing form I threw my fist at her face. She sidesteps my first attack to squat and swing her leg out for a quick sweep. I jumped to swing my leg at her head but she blocks it with one arm. We kept exchanging blows trying to hit each other with no results. This is leading nowhere fast maybe I need to back off. I fuel some chakra into my legs and jumped high to gain some distance. Natsume weaves her hands while following me through the air to get closer to me for her next attack (Tiger-Dragon-Monkey-Ox). "Spirit Style: Fire Bolt!"

She was three meters in front of me when her orange glowing fingers shot off the flaming projectile. My left hand responds by knocking into her wrist causing her jutsu to misfire upward in the sky. I threw my right chakra-filled fist into her cheek and she was hurled into the dirt. The force of my punch created a crater where her body currently laid. My fall came to an end as I landed on the ground near Natsume. Genma walks down into the crater to check her pulse and then stands, "Natsume is knocked out. Shiori Senju wins the fourth match."

There was clapping and cheers emanating from the audience. I could hear people saying what a great fight and good job. I smiled and waved at them, "Thank you." From my peripheral, medic ninjas were carrying Natsume away inside the tunnel. Genma stands beside me to whisper, "That was a brutal fight remind me to never get on your bad side."

I chuckle, "I don't recall you ever being on that side."

He shifts the senbon in his mouth to the right while displaying a wide grin, "What a relief."

"I'll see you later. There are a few people I have to take care of before the finals are over. Keep your eyes on the sand." He nods with a wrinkled brow getting my indirect message as I strolled toward the tunnel.

Naruto greeted me by the stairway, "That was an awesome fight!"

"Thanks." We continued up the stairs to rejoin the other participants.