Chapter 48: Three Way Assault!

Kakashi leaves the arena into the tunnel so the final round of the tournament could begin. I rush toward the stairs to meet up with him before he could sit in the stadium. When my foot stepped onto the stone floor and Kakashi was in my line of sight, I ran over to hug his waist. He stopped mid-walk to absorb my weight by widening his stance and then gently caresses the top of my head. "Did something happen while I was gone?"

I move my head up to glance at him, "Yeah, but I can explain later. I missed you. You were gone for a whole month without sending a single message about your well-being. You should know better than to not make me worry so much.

Kakashi smiles down at me, "I'm sorry. I'll send a message next time. Come on let's go sit and watch Sasuke's fight."

"Sure." I stepped back with his hand in mine with a smile. His eye widened as he followed my lead to the seats. I spot Guy standing beside Rock Lee and Sakura. I wave, "Hey Guy!"

He turns to my voice, "Shiori, congrats on your match. Kakashi, cuttin' it way too close weren't you?"

"I had my reasons."

Sakura tilts her head, "What reason?"

He nods to the arena, "Keep your eye on Sasuke. He may surprise you."

I hummed as my mind thought about what Sasuke was wearing. He had new clothes on with a high collar and his left arm was wrapped in a bandage with a black leather strap holding it in place. His chakra was running faster through his body like it leveled up. I gasped, he taught him that jutsu!

Sakura raises her brow, "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing's wrong, she figured out what I did is all." Kakashi pats my head.

"Figured what out?" Naruto asked.

I turn to see Naruto, Shikamaru, Haruna, and Hana walking toward us. I laugh, "The reason why Kakashi trained Sasuke but why explain when the answer will reveal itself in the arena." Everyone glued their eyes to the arena as Genma began the match.

"Final Round: Sasuke Uchiha versus Gaara of the Sand. Begin." The sand flows out of the gourd and Sasuke jumps back a good distance from him. Gaara holds his head as if he's fighting something off inside. I hummed, the one tail is giving him a hard time. Sasuke throws several shurikens at Gaara but it's blocked by the sand. He runs at Gaara punching his redhead opponent in turn the sand speed increases. Sasuke immediately anticipates by increasing his speed as well. He kept hitting inside Gaara's defense attacking his weak spot. The body armor drains Gaara's chakra the more he repairs it.

Gaara weaves the tiger sign and the sand begins creating a ball around him. Sasuke races toward him as the hole kept getting smaller. He throws his most into the opening as spikes protruded out injuring him. He backed away trying to see if he could break through from different angles. He couldn't break through the dense sand at least not without the new jutsu he's learned. He's stalling for time but why? Sasuke puts distance between himself and the sphere by racing up the arena wall.

I watched him weave his hands and the chakra of bluish-white emit around his wrapped hand. The sound of birds chirping was loud as he ran down the wall leaving a trail of broken stone. Sasuke shoves the lightning blade into the dense sand wall and breaks through. It wasn't long before Gaara screamed, "IT'S MY BLOOD!!!"

My arm burned which made me clench my teeth. I inhaled sharply trying not to scream out so I wouldn't grab anyone's attention. My hand quickly covers the number one that sizzled on my wrist. He's preparing to unleash the one tail, he's nuts!

An arm wraps around my waist and I whip my head toward the source. It was Hana pulling me off to the side discreetly. She whispers, "Come over here." Hana pulls out the aloe tin and smears the medicine on my burn.

I groan, "He's trying to unleash the Shukaku right in the arena." A loud roar echoes through the whole arena. Feathers began to fall around us and I quickly weave the tiger sign to disperse the genjutsu. It wasn't long after an explosion came from the Hokage's sitting area. I jump up, "Hana! Haruna! Come with me!"

We didn't make it that far as the Anbu Black Ops stopped us, "Let us handle this!" They quickly jump and weave through the crowd toward the Hokage.

Hana asks, "Do we follow them?"

"Yeah, Lord Third will need our help." Everything happened so fast Hana's form flew from beside me to the stadium wall. The woman from the preliminaries was holding her against the stone.

Haruna whips out her kunai to block a katana blade from the dark brown-haired Shiro, "Shiori run!"

They're finally making their move. I jump over the chairs to the ledge of the stadium. Before I could get away, a rope wraps around my ankle and I was yanked hard toward the arena. My body slammed against the dirt when I squeezed my eyes shut my head smacked into the wall. I saw a white flash of light behind my eyelids from the impact.

I heard his voice as he spoke, "You're not going anywhere."

My eyes shoot open and pushed myself off the ground. I grab my kunai from my pouch, "You should have let me pass."

He whips his double-bladed chained sickle, "I can't pass up this wonderful opportunity for our plans to finally succeed." Kai swings his weapon and throws it at me. I deflect it with my kunai and threw my shuriken. "Fate Style: Judgment Draw." Dark energy wraps his two sickles and deflects my shuriken back at me. I jump to the side dodging the weapons, I'll have to fight him at his level.