Chapter 14: Ready for Battle

I woke this morning and notice that Naruto didn't come back from climbing trees last night. I'm in the forest trying to find the unconscious idiot somewhere before he suffers from a cold. The sun began to rise from the east only having a sliver of light as I continue to search the large area while the sun rose higher. I use my sensing ability and found him in a big meadow of flowers near a river also there was someone kneeling over him. I quickly ran to his location behind a nearby tree but to my relief, the boy shakes him awake. This boy is the masked ninja that took Zabuza's body away claiming he was a tracker ninja from the hidden mist village.

The boy introduced himself as Haku while talking about training to become stronger and who is precious to them. I knew Haku was dangerous for many reasons because my instincts say that Zabuza is alive. I casually walk out of the bushes towards the boys and say, "Hey Naruto, I was looking for you everywhere. You had all of us worried about you. Oh, who's your new friend?" This boy up close had feminine features and only made it worse wearing that pink kimono.

He smiles, "Haku, Miss?"

I bow while still gazing at him, "Shiori, nice to meet you."

"Likewise but I really must be going now." He stands and walking away with his basket of medicinal herbs then says, "By the way...I'm a boy." Naruto eyes bulge out of his sockets. Sasuke walks pass Haku with the same suspicion as I did in his eyes.

Finally, he stands in between both of us and says, "Twerpettes. Did you just forget about breakfast? You're such losers."

I smirk, "No Duckbutt, but I'll let you know when I need a babysitter to tell me otherwise don't boss me around." Sasuke and I have a sizzling staring contest until Naruto just ruins it by chuckling at us. We both look at him then smile at each other to only punch him in the noggin.

Naruto rubs his head, "What was that for guys?"

I laugh, "Let's go back we'll need food in our stomachs for strength to complete the mission."

"Wait I want to show you my progress...please." As he gives me a pouty puppy dog eyes look.

I arch my brow, "Alright make it quick." Naruto concentrates his chakra flow towards the soles of his feet and runs upward the tree. He makes it to the near top of the tree then steps on the branch to take a break. I sigh, "Maybe you should get some rest before practicing again."

Footsteps approach behind us and Sakura shout, "Naruto? Knowing Naruto, he could be anywhere and Sasuke hasn't come back, either. Who knows where Shiori went because she was already gone when I woke up. I wonder where they are?" When both Sakura and Kakashi came within range Naruto throws a kunai near their feet.

Kakashi glances up, "Hmm?"

Sakura awes, "Uhh." Naruto chuckles while laying on the tree as she continues, "Whoa, Naruto can climb that high now using his chakra? That's great."

Naruto asks, "What do you think? High enough for you guys? I mean, it's a long way down, huh?" He jumps in excitement to only have it backfire as he slips on the branch. His body goes forward and back trying to regain his balance.

Sakura screams shutting her eyes, "Oh, Naruto!"

Kakashi widens his eye, "Uh-oh!"

I shake my head, "Idiot."

He uses his chakra to attach himself under the branch then giggles like a moron, "Ha-ha! Just kidding. You guys really fell for it."

Sakura complains, "We were worried about you, Naruto."

Kakashi says, "Why do I think this is going to end badly?"

I sigh, "You're not wrong because his chakra is almost out in about two seconds." I count with my fingers and with that he detaches from the branch falling towards the ground.