Chapter 25: Delayed!

We did our best to race through the dangerous jungle to save Team Seven from the disaster of Orochimaru's so-called mission. There were clashes of chakra throughout the area as the exams continue to eliminate teams from the competition. My team was safe since we already have our set of scrolls and extras for negotiations if trouble arose. I could sense a disturbance up ahead so I stop on a thick tree branch. The others jump right beside me and Chiaki says, "Why did we stop?"

I frown, "There's some weird dark chakra up ahead I've never sensed anything like this before." I grab my kunai and coat the weapon in my chakra throwing it to where the dark chakra was located at. It was strange the dark chakra enveloped mine keeping the kunai suspended in the air which I've never seen a jutsu act like it was alive. This must be one of the special jutsu's from the gods that Mom's journal spoke of. "We need to leave," My voice rises in a panic.

Daiki arches his brow, "What's wrong?"

"I can't say right now but.." A rope wraps around Chiaki's neck and pulls hard towards the ground this happened in mere seconds. I scream, "CHIAKI!" I didn't have time to think as my body jumps after her, Daiki does as well. He throws his kunai to cut the rope as I caught her in my arms. My chakra surrounded my legs and feet absorbing the impact of the fall which breaks the earth into large chunks. The rocks shifted and flew high into the air before crashing several feet away from the crater.

It was the dark village group and the guy with brunette hair is holding the other end of the rope. The one who had the hood up drops to reveal his identity. He smirks, "The name's Kai Soma and these two are Nami Isa and Shiro Harada, we'll be your next opponents for now."

I frown, what does he mean for now? What's he up to? Based on what he said this is probably to test out my abilities against his team. I knew from where my team stands we have to keep our guard up or this will get ugly. I weave (Ram-Rat-Bird-Boar-Tiger) and threw my shuriken, "Shuriken Shadow Clone!" They multiply as the shuriken flies through the air approaching the group with great speed.

Kai quickdraws his double blade chain sickle at each end of the chain and slashes before the shuriken could touch the blade, "Fate Style Blade: Judgment Draw."

Something strange happened as my shurikens broke in half and fell. I grab my teammates and teleport to safety so I could figure out a counterattack. We were in the trees hiding for now and placed my nail in my teeth, This is bad. How do we get out of this situation alive?

Daiki whispers, "Let's just scope out their jutsu for now then come up with a strategy."

I sigh, "From that first interaction, we can assume that their jutsu is far more superior than our own. They're at least Jonin level which is inconvenient for us."

Kai sings, "Hiding won't work so come out."

I produce six shadow clones then transform four into all of us. One set jumps down to attack the enemy while the second set jumps to the left and lastly my team jumps to the right. I activate my Sharingan to keep my eyes on the enemy while creating an extra shadow clone that transformed into a shuriken on hand.

Kai weaves (Ram-Bird-Rat) then shouts, "Fate Style: Dark Haze." The first set of clones had stopped moving as if in a genjutsu and he quickly cuts them down. Shiro rushes to the second group and draws his katana, "Fate Sword Style: Dark Wind Dance." A barrage of raven-colored wind blades wipes out the squad without much effort. Suddenly, Nami appears in front of us, snapping her fingers which sparks ignite a black flame onto the palm of her hands. She shifts her position similar to Gentle Fist users and says, "Fate Style: Dark Flaming Palm."

I immediately cover my body with a chakra shield against the dark flame's sensing the danger. I throw my shuriken near Nami's head which she dodges and I block her right hook. I need to buy some time for my shadow clone to reach team seven. We all land on our feet and continued our fight. She was quick with her jabs as the flames tried to burn through my chakra shield. I kicked high and she crouches to dodge then Chiaki weaves (Ox-Ram-Dog), "Acid Style: Poison Gas." Smoke spews from her mouth toward Nami and me which I in turn teleport beside Daiki.

Nami covers her mouth and jumps back avoiding the fumes. Daiki activates his Nentogan and whispers, "Sachi." She gasps feeling him searching her mind for some intel. I prepare my next assault quickly weaving my hands (Dragon-Tiger-Rabbit) then cupped my hands around my mouth, "Water Style: Water Trumpet!" Water launches from my mouth through my hands streaming toward her still figure.

Kai appears in front of her and weaves (Ram-Monkey-Rat), "Fate Style: Overrule." He stands there looking bored which didn't make any sense. Until the flow of my attack was reversed heading back in my direction. My eyes widen, this is bad! Chiaki tackles me out of the way and the jutsu smashes through several trees. Daiki weaves (Bird-Tiger), "Fire Style: Fire Whirlwind!"A single fire tornado forms between us from where he was standing which gives us the perfect opportunity to escape. Daiki runs toward us and without delay, I teleport the group to where team seven was supposed to be located.

As the saying goes out of the frying pan into the fire was nothing but an understatement when we arrived. The shadow clone dispersed giving me some idea of what was going on. The sound ninja that Orochimaru sent was begging for their lives as Sasuke breaks the arms of a man. My eyes widen in horror, what the hell! I noticed his chakra had changed into a dark force to be reckoned with and upon closer inspection, his body was covered in black markings. He releases the man and turns his attention to the second man, "Now it's your turn."

Sakura cries as she runs to hug him from the back, "Please stop, Sasuke!" Sasuke pauses and the mark begins to recede to his neck into a familiar mark of three dots that had small tails on the ends forming a circle. I clenched my teeth, I'm too late. The man picked up his teammates and lays an earth scroll on the ground as a peace offering then escapes into the forest.