Chapter 49: Clash of Strength!

"Fighting me is futile so just come with us willingly, and no one else gets hurt." he offered.

I curl my lip, smirking, refusing to accept, "I'd rather fight and die than hand myself over to an enemy."

Kai shrugs, "Have it your way." He charges at me and tries slicing my arm with his sickle, "Fate Style: Impurity Curse." The energy around the blade turned darker, so I made sure to deflect and dodge his weapon. I knew if this blade so much as scratched me, it would make me sick or worse kill me. I jumped to gain some distance and threw smoke bombs to give myself some cover. I need to slip away. I weaved the signs (Ox-Dragon-Tiger) and took a deep breath gathering the chakra inside my stomach and the passageway. I opened my mouth to spew white lightning at Kai. The jutsu shoots out, and he quickly responds by cutting it to reverse the flow back at me.

I threw several kunai across the field to teleport outside the jutsu's range. How do I hit him? I grab more kunai and distribute them on the walls of the arena as well as the ground. I had one left that was in my mouth and weaved my hands (Ox-Monkey-Ram-Dragon). "Nimbus Style: Light Dragon!" The light took shape into a transparent white dragon that began to rush towards Kai. I took this chance to begin the next phase of my plan and weave the jutsu. The dragon was reflected, becoming more powerful, and I held my kunai out toward the jutsu.

While the dragon was being absorbed by the marker, I connected its flow to discharge the jutsu. The head came out of the kunai behind Kai and rushed into his back, landing a solid hit. He screams as the dragon pushes him toward the wall, but I don't want to stop. I build chakra into my fist while it grows. I weave my one hand (Bird-Dragon) and then hold my fist. "Nimbus Style: Light Fusion!" The light that radiated from my hand began to pour into my chakra fist. I ran at him with this power, and when I was close enough, I rammed my fist into his stomach. The second hit made the wall begin the crack and fall apart.

The crack and snap under my fist was satisfying as his ribs broke causing him to cough up blood from the assault. The light was burning his skin as it tried to purify the evil within. A large hand grabs the back of my shirt and throws me off, Kai. I saw Nami giving first aid and Shiro standing guard for the next attack. Three against one is going to be a tough battle. I took this moment to assess my condition; my arm had some scrapes, and my head was throbbing. I glance inside the stands where Haruna and Hana lay unconscious. Kakashi and Guy were fighting sound ninjas and Genma was busy fighting the Jonin of the sand village beside my fight, so they were no help to me. I took a quick assessment of my ninja tools and took mental notes of what I just observed to formulate a strategy. To win a fight you have to stack the odds in your favor so three against one isn't easy to fight by yourself. So how do you even the odds?

Shiro rushes toward with the blade over his head and swings down, "Fate Sword Style: Dark Wind Slicer!" A black crescent-shaped blade attack comes at me in a circular motion like a saw. I was about to weave my mud wall jutsu when vines intercepted the attack.

"Season Style: Vine Dance!" Katsu lands in front and controls the vines with his arms. It was whipping around keeping Shiro busy.

Haruki holds out her hand and helps me to my feet, "Let us help you."

"I'll take on Nami." Kiyomi whips her katana out of the sheath thrushing the blade. Nami pushes Kai out of the way and begins dodging her strikes. Kiyomi was steering her opponent away from Kai so Nami was less inclined to help him.

I brushed the dirt off myself, "I'm glad you guys came to help. Let's defeat him together." Haruki pulls her katana out and points it forward ready for action. The sound of metal scraping and clanging echoed inside the arena. Shouts of civilians were deafening as the anguish cries of the dying could be felt like a dagger through the heart. I activate my Sharingan and refocus my attention on Kai. Haruki's blade began to glow like the sun and rushed to strike him, "Season Style: Solar Thrust!" She tries to stab Kai with the katana but he quickly dodges each thrust of her blade.

I weave my hands (Snake-Monkey-Dragon)and whisper, "Nimbus Style: Mirage." My image was being reflected as I teleported a little behind Kai's back. I picked up my kunai that was embedded in the ground and took one from my pouch as well. I weaved my next jutsu (Bird-Dragon) which caused the light glow from my hand. I transferred the chakra into the kunai by wrapping my hand around the blade. His back was still facing me as he fought against Haruki. The perfect distraction. I threw my first kunai which he noticed right away as he turned to deflect it. I teleported to a kunai by his foot which his chest was facing toward. I stabbed my glowing blade into his chest and he roared in anger. He punched my face with such power that my form had flown into the wall of the arena. My vision flashed white giving my head a good knock. I hold my head in my hand, I think I brained my damage...I mean... I shake my head a little trying to realign my thoughts and lift myself onto my feet with the support of the wall. My collar jerked forward bringing my focus to the angry Kai.

I smirked, "Ouch, you should get that checked out. It looks like it hurts."