Chapter 51: My Worse Nightmare

I couldn't see anything in the darkness all I could feel was the cold hard floor. I felt metal wrapped around my wrists and when I pulled on it there was a heavy clank. The smell was earthy and the air was so moist that I could taste it. I'm chained inside a stone room. My body still felt weak because of Kai's darkness coursing through me even if I tried flexing my muscles they wouldn't respond. What will they do to me? I wanted to bust out of these chains because waiting for torture isn't smart. My eyes close trying to concentrate on chakra build-up but a sharp pain travels through me. A cough escapes my mouth which was my body's natural response attempting to ease my discomfort.

A sudden grinding of metal quickly grabs my attention toward it's source. My gaze jerks up at the light stream that temporarily blinds me. The whoosh of air and a quick prick of something tiny pierced my neck. I twinged from the slight pang, what the hell do they want? My body slowly grew tired and my eyes began to close. The door opened to the room where to my horror saw a familiar face. A silver-haired boy wearing glasses was Orochimaru's assistant—Kabuto. He pushes his glasses closer to his eyes, "You and I are going to have a lot of fun together. Don't die on us."Oh shit! I'm in trouble now! I couldn't resist the urge to close my eyes anymore that's when everything went dark again.

My consciousness kept going in and out, my naked body was numb from the cold air. The light above was blinding as I tried to see past it. I felt my legs propped open and heard the sound of metal clinging together. I did my best to shift my weight but my body wouldn't respond to the command. Something hard slipped into my passage that made me freeze up. I groaned, what the hell is he doing?! I inhaled and exhaled waiting for the pressure to stop. After several minutes the pressure finally ceased, and the sound echoed throughout the area as he moved about. The creak of the wheels rolls to where I'm being restrained and Kabuto has a tray of utensils like a scalpel, different-sized syringes, a long probe, a suction device, some vials, and Petri dishes. He pulled the tray closer to himself to examine the utensils as his hands slipped inside clean gloves and picked up the scalpel with a nod.  I wiggle underneath the straps, "What do you want from me?"

"Lord Orochimaru wants to know the genetic truth of your lineage since he met your mother." he holds my arm in place. The sharp scalpel cuts carefully into my skin my body tenses up as I cry out. My skin felt hot as the heat traveled from my wound to my shoulder and this proceeded with blood draws on the opposite arm. Every muscle was sore and tired as my eyelids dropped, heavy from the procedure. The weight of the exhaustion threatened to pull me into a deep slumber that felt like I might never regain consciousness again. The abyss slowly swallowed not only my conscience but also the burning pain turned to ice numbing my skin.

******
My eyes fluttered as my conscience came back around to wake up in the same dark room again. The echoing pain mixed with the impurity coursing in my blood grumbled and agitated my stomach like an off-balance washing machine. I lifted myself off the floor to crawl to the corner and expelled watery bile. My throat burned and my body trembled from the nasty lingering taste. I won't last much longer if this impurity isn't purged from my body. I dragged my tired body away from the horrid odor and fell asleep.

Something soft and wet pushed against my cheek slightly moving my head. I opened my eyes to a weak little green glow floating in front of me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes to adjust to the light. Once my vision adapted to the light, Pakkun was sitting in front of me. I gave a weak smile, "I'm glad you're here. Where is Kakashi?"

Pakkun explains in a whisper, "Kakashi, Kane, and Kena are waiting outside until Tenrai and I bring you back with us."

"What is Tenrai doing?" I leaned up against the wall.

"He's looking for your clothes, ninja tools, and scrolls. He'll be here shortly." Pakkun rustles a blanket from the mattress and throws it over my form.

I wrapped it around myself, "Thanks. I have mild hypothermia so warming up will take a minute."

He snuggled up against me, "You'll be out of here soon."

"How long have I been away?"

He says, "Three days almost four..." A light shined underneath the door which made Pakkun fall silent. I stared at the white light that slid under the door and took shape into a beautiful gray wolf with a blue glowing symbol in the middle of its eyes. A small cloth bag was dangling from his mouth and then he sniffed me which caused him to growl. He lay next to me so I could climb on his back and get out of this place. Before doing anything, I secured the blanket onto my form by tying the ends together on my neck and then wrapped the rest of the fabric around any exposed parts. Upon finishing the makeshift clothing, my upper body lay on his back to grip the fur while stretching my leg over to ride him.

The wolf stands to run at the door as he swirled his hind legs to easily break the door down. Tenrai runs out into the hall with Pakkun keeping up the pace with us. We would turn left down a hallway and then right into another one. This hideout was a large labyrinth that seemed impossible to escape. When we turned down one hallway, Tenrai jumped back to growl at Kabuto. He scanned and then stepped aside with a smirk on his face.

I raised my brow, "You're not going to stop us."

"No, the wolf is too powerful for me to stop besides I don't want to die today. I got what we wanted from you so you're free to leave."