Chapter 57: Lady Tsunade's Return

I woke up to Sakura, Ino, and Tenten were gone and Hinata was beside my futon waiting. I rub my eyes and sit up, "Good morning, Hinata. Where is everyone?"

She twiddles her thumbs, "Lady Tsunade, Master Jiraiya, and Naruto have returned to the village with Guy Sensei and Sasuke."

"How is Sasuke?"

She looks down, "He's in the hospital so Ino and Sakura went to visit him. Tenten went to visit Lee."

I nod, "I get what's going on, thank you."

"How are you doing," Hinata softly asked.

I stretched out my arms and my legs to see if there was any weakness in them. I smile warmly, "I'm doing good. I think I can walk today." I push the covers off myself and stand up from my futon. I carefully walk around my futon in a circle to stand in front of Hinata.

Hinata stands up with a smile on her face and sighs in relief, "Thank goodness."

I hook my arm around her own, "Let's go see how everyone is doing at the hospital." Hinata nods and we make our way outside my house traveling toward the hospital. We stroll through the streets and eventually make it to the hospital. We walk to the desk to ask what room Sasuke and Lee are staying in. The first room we visited was Sasuke's and as soon as I opened the door Lady Tsunade was checking on him.

Tsunade nods, "You're here just in time Shiori."

I walk and stand next to Tsunade watching her examine him, "Verdict?"

Tsunade sighs, "Physically, he is fine. It's the mental torture he went through that is most concerning."

" You're talking about the Tsukuyomi that Itachi put him through," I sighed.

She nods, "Yes, who knows what Itachi showed him in that genjutsu."

I stare at Sasuke with my eyebrows drawn together, "I have a pretty good idea and it isn't good." I splayed my hand on Sasuke's forehead and went inside his psyche. I found Sasuke curled up in a ball of great pain and suffering in a loud sob. The chakra around him was thick and dark like nothing could penetrate this sphere. I touch the dark sphere and it rejects my touch by repelling shock like the lightning of darkness. I sent purifying chakra around my hand and the darkness began to attack me. It was vines of impurity whipping at me. I dodge and weave each attack that the vine throws at me. A shadow began to take the shape of a man and when he finally took physical form. He had short blonde hair, piercing red-blood eyes, and a menacing smirk on his face. He wore a white toga robe with a red shawl over his shoulder. The jewelry he wore was around his neck, ears, wrists, and ankles all were golden jewelry. He had a choker necklace, and the other two were a perfect length that looked symmetrical. There were five bracelets on the right wrist and the other had four. The earrings he had on were odd-shaped and medium-sized which dangled near his jawline.

This man had a powerful and dark chakra that was feeding off of Sasuke's hatred and pain. He lifts his arm and splays his palm open toward me. He smirks as he hurls overwhelming energy at me, "Don't interfere brat." The energy hits my psyche form and I return to the physical realm in a pant.

Lady Tsunade grabs the underside of my arm to keep me from falling, "What happened? Are you okay?"

I inhale and exhale hard trying to get my breathing under control, "I'll be okay."

"You really should be more careful, Shiori." a familiar voice spoke to me.

I glanced over at the source and gave a weak smile at the white-haired pervy toad sage, "Jiraiya, it's been too long."

Jiraiya gives a wide grin, "You're going to be a beautiful heartbreaker when you grow up. The boys are probably chasing after your heels already."

I softly chuckle, "I see some things don't change. I'm glad you and Naruto brought Tsunade back to the village."

Jiraiya hums, "Oh, yeah? What do you need from her?"

"It's not now but what she'll do in the future."

Tsunade arches her brow at me, "A cryptic message? You sound like your mother."

I give a short laugh, "Thanks I do my best."

"That wasn't a compliment," Tsunade sighed. She scans me over with a concerned expression and sighs again, "You should be in the hospital resting or at your house. Your chakra levels are looking a bit low for someone who just checked out of the hospital."

I raise my hands up, "Yeah, I know. I needed to check on Sasuke. He went chasing after Naruto and Itachi. I was worried for them both."

Tsunade nods, "You need to go home and rest before I decide to check you back into the hospital with Anbu guards for surveillance if you can't remain in your bed."

"Alright, I'm going home now. Can you message me when you're done examining Rock Lee, would you?"

"I can do that. Don't use chakra to get home and to make sure that doesn't happen." Tsunade gives Jiraiya a glance and he nods in response like he understands her secret message.

I sigh in defeat, "Fine." Jiraiya and I leave the room together. We stroll down the hallway beside each other. I gaze up at him, "How is Naruto doing?"

Jiraiya says, "He wasn't hurt. I heard you were kidnapped. Are you okay?"

I sigh, "I'll be fine. You told Kakashi about the Akatsuki."

"I did. Is that a problem?" Jiraiya looks down at me waiting for my reaction.

I frown, "You nearly got him kidnapped by Itachi and Kisame. To top it off he is now bedridden for at least two to three weeks because of Itachi's Tsukuyomi. So I have to say that is a problem."

Jiraiya arches his brow, "Kakashi is a Jonin of the Leaf Village. He can take care of himself. Aren't you being a little bit overly protective Shiori?"

I huff, "He would've been either killed or taken by them. It was by sheer luck that I sent Guy to go rescue Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai."

Jiraiya hums, "Your power of prediction is incredible that it's almost inhuman."

"Not as inhuman as you when you're in sage mode."

Jiraiya laughs, "Evasion with a joke very smooth."

We eventually get to my mansion in the Senju Ward. I open the gate door and glance over my shoulder, "Thanks for walking me home. Keep looking out for Naruto."

"Of course, I will. He's my student," Jiraiya gives a two-finger wave and disappears in a puff of white smoke to who knows where. I rush up the stone path to the entrance and quickly go through the front door. Dai and Zen were sitting at the table waiting for me.

Dai smiles, "How much longer do we have to remain indoors?"