Chapter 56: The Girls' Sleepover

"Who are you sending," Asuma arched his brow.

I smirk, "I'll just send Guy again."

"Are you sending me after Sasuke," Guy asked.

I nod, "Yes. Sasuke is in an extreme emotional state and needs to be protected not just from himself but from Itachi and Kisame. Also, Jiraiya may need backup to protect Naruto because they are after the Nine-Tail Fox spirit inside him."

"Is there anyone else you can send to complete the mission you described," Kurenai asked.

I shake my head, "None of them have the abilities needed to complete the mission. As for the people in this room, Kakashi is far too weak to fight. You and Asuma struggled against this pair and would have been killed if Guy hadn't shown up. Guy has the strength to fight Kisame's tail-beast strength and knows how to deal with Itachi's Sharingan. Plus he'll be back up for Jiraiya and Naruto if they need it, that is simple logic and strategy."

Asuma's eyes widen and then laughs, "It's no wonder why Shikaku, Shikamaru, and I can't beat you at shogi."

I softly chuckle, "I just read and memorize all strategies of the game; then apply them accordingly."

He lights a cigarette with a wide grin, "Can Kakashi beat you?"

"Kakashi and I haven't played shogi together before."

"That's surprising since you two are always together," Asuma inhaled the cigarette and gave a slightly playful smile as he blew out the smoke.

I give him a fake smile as my eyes slightly narrow at him because Kurenai wasn't aware of our exchange, "We have been friends for a long time and now he's the Jonin in charge of team seven which I am part of, so it's only natural that we're together most of the time."

Asuma's eyes sparkle with humor, "Oh, yeah. Nothing suspicious or unusual about that."

I roll my eyes and take a piece of paper out to write directions of what motels have very beautiful women located, "This guide will narrow your search field and you'll have more success in finding them. Guy, you should get going quickly."

Guy takes the paper and quickly runs out of the room to start his mission. Asuma, Kurenai, Kakashi, and I were left inside the bedroom. Kakashi breaks the silence, "Asuma can you take Shiori back to her house?"

I glance at Kakashi, "I'm fine."

Kakashi gave an incredulous stare, "You haven't fully recovered yet. More rest is essential for your recovery Shiori."

"At least I can move," The corner of my lip curls up.

His lip twitches, "So standing shouldn't be a problem for you."

Asuma shakes his head and scoops me up in his arms with a bemused smile, "You two are impossible." He carries me out of the room and outside of the apartment. We were on the main street and he was heading toward the side street near the Yamanaka flower shop that leads to my house. He speaks first breaking the silence, "You know if you ever need someone to share your secrets with I'm a good listener and keeper."

I smile warmly at him, "Thank you, Asuma."

He chuckles, "No problem." Within five to ten minutes of walking, we made it to the mansion and Kane was there to greet us. He wasn't the only one to greet me there were Sakura, Ino, Hinata, and Tenten.

Ino winks at me, "Did you miss us?"

I chuckle, "What a surprise. What are you guys doing here?"

"Kurenai Sensei told us to come and have a sleepover with you," Sakura added.

"I see," I hummed. I wonder if Kakashi asked Kurenai to do this.

Asuma sighs, "Don't overthink it just spend some time with your friends and relax. Act like a kid for once."

I blink and softly chuckle, "I'll spend time with my friends but acting like a kid is a tall order."

"I'll take her Asuma if you have somewhere else you need to be," Kane said as he held his arms out.

Asuma places me in Kane's arms and smiles wide,  "Have fun." He turns and walks out the door to probably go home or chat with Kakashi and Kurenai some more. Kane leads the girls to where we'll be sleeping for the night. He motions to the door and Ino opens the door to a larger space with five futons ready. The four girls walk inside to admire the furniture and beautiful decor. Kane sets me on my purple futon making sure I am comfortable and then leaves us alone.

Ino sits on the futon next to me and smiles, "Let's talk about boys."

"Yeah, you have to tell us," Sakura adds as she sits on the same futon as Ino. Hinata and Tenten get comfortable on the other side of me.

I tilt my head, "What are you talking about?"

Ino sighs and stares into my eyes intently, "I'm talking about the newspaper interview from before where you were on the front page. Who's this man you've fallen in love with?"

I laugh, "I didn't know you were so curious to find out."

"I knew you were in love with someone. You have the same look as me," Sakura added.

"He's going to remain a mystery."

Ino smirks, "I bet it's Shikamaru. The description is totally like him."

I hum, It does sound a lot like Shikamaru but no dice. I need to change the subject. I sigh and turn to Tenten, "Who do you love Tenten?"

Her eyes widen and blushes, "No one!"

Ino and Sakura's eyes sparkle falling for the bait. Ino smiles wide, "Tenten, sweetie. You'll have to tell us who it is." Tenten glares at me and I raise my hands in automatic surrender.

Tenten mumbles, "Neji."

My mouth drops, Wow! I didn't expect that! Ino and Sakura gasped at the same time which was impressive. Ino's eyes glittered intensely, "Amazing!! What do you like about Neji?"

She blushes red and explains how Neji changed after the Chunin exams. She also shared that she's loved him since they were in the academy. I softly sigh, I'm glad that they're not asking me those questions anymore. I still felt weak from the chakra transfer earlier and I fell asleep when my head laid on the pillow.