Chapter 42: Two Visits

Kane chuckles, "The same old story Tori teases Kakashi, and Kakashi fights Tori."

Zen leaned against the pole watching the fight with a frown, "They're acting like a bunch of children fighting over candy."

"Zen be nice. We don't need any more fights breaking out," Dai adds while laying on the side watching the show and enjoying it.

I shake my head, "What made Tori tease Kakashi this time?"

Kena appears with a tray holding a cup of tea, "Kakashi fell asleep by your door so Tori decided to tuck him in with you." She passes me the cup and I accept it.

I laugh, "I missed a golden opportunity to look at his gorgeous face this morning, how sad."

"Why don't you say that a little louder we didn't quite hear you," Tori yelled.

Kakashi stops to glance over at the nearest clock and sighs, "We'll have to pick this up at a later date. I can't keep a certain person waiting especially when a month can pass so quickly." A puff of smoke appears covering his entire body when it dissipated he was gone.

"Where did he go?" Hana asked. She sat down on the porch next to me.

The corner of my mouth twitches, "He went to meet up with an unfortunate aspiring avenger."

Everyone who understood shook their heads as the new editions had each expressed a different way of being puzzled. Zen had raised his eyebrow and crossed his arms to put extra emphasis on his questioning look while Dai tilted his head to the side clearly stating his inquisitive curiosity. I go into an explanation about Sasuke's trauma of the Uchiha clan being massacred and his reason for becoming an avenger because of a certain someone. Dai offers a deep sigh and thoughtful expression, "Exacting revenge will only bring more suffering on one's self."

Zen asks, "He's a rising threat. What will you do about him?"

I tapped my chin and hummed, "I could lock him up inside a dungeon but that wouldn't change his perspective for revenge now would it?"

"You're going to allow him to escape!"

I sighed, "We can't kill him. He has a role to play and a lot of growing up to do. Anyways, I have to go see someone at the hospital so I'm leaving. Zen...Dai, don't leave the house until I've talked to Lord Third."

Dai throws a two-fingered wave, "Understood."

I pull myself to my feet to stride around the house traveling on the long stretched road. The warm sun felt good against my skin as the cool breeze of spring came whooshing by me. Flower petals were circulating through the air from the cherry blossoms in the nearby the Forest of the Senju Ward. As always I walk past the Nara clan residences to get to the Main Street to the next street straight where the Leaf hospital was located. There were many people out going from shop to shop while happy couples and families laughing through the streets living their daily lives. I weave through the crowd crossing straight to the aligning street by the Yamanaka flower shop where Ino was placing and arranging flowers on the stand outside. Ino moves one beautiful arrangement to the stand and spots me flashing a smile, "Hey!"

I waved at her as I finally stepped out of the crowd to her, "You look well. How have you been these past three days?"

"Boring, nothing but attending the shop since I was eliminated from the chunin exams. Where were you going?"

"The hospital to visit a certain participant from the exams. I wanted to check to make sure she was alright. How about you? Aren't you going to visit Sasuke?" I smirked.

She blushes, "I was planning to go after my shift was over."

I laughed, "You have fun with that. I'll see you around." I walked away continuing to my destination, It's too bad that Sasuke won't be there. The hospital came into view with a fence attached to the familiar two stone pillars before the main entrance in between was a large area of green grass that lead to thick brushes lined up against the building. I cross through the entrance toward the nurses station, "Excuse me, is Haruki Niwa still here?"

The brunette woman looked through the papers on the clipboard, "Yes. She has two visitors inside the room."

I looked over the the clipboard and hummed, Kiyomi Igarashi and...Katsu Seto. Not him again! I nod to the nurse, "Thank you. I would like to visit her as well."

She hands the clipboard to me, "Please sign your name."

I scribbled my name across the page afterward placing the clipboard on the countertop and walk down the hallway to Haruki's room. I opened the sliding door the moment I saw her room number on the wall plat and the two mentioned before was standing by her bedside. Katsu blushes and smiles as he runs toward my form with his arms open wide, "MY LOVE!!!" As he jumps at me, I was quick to side step him and the poor idiot slides across the floor. "Oww that hurt!"

I rolled my eyes while stepping forward toward Haruki, "I came to see how your recovery was progressing."

"You're formality is good as we heard," the ravened-haired girl giggled.

I raise my brow at her, "Who might you be?"

"Her name is Kiyomi Igarashi, she was my third teammate in the exams." Haruki said.

Kiyomi waves with a wide grin, "Nice to meet ya."

I looked over at her and nodded, "Your chakra still looks depleted maybe you should be sleeping next to her."

"I don't know what you're talking about I'm fine," kiyomi crossed her arms in a huff.

Haruki's lip twitched, "Thank you for coming over to check on my condition." My eyes were firmly staring into hers and she stared back challenging me. She curled her lip, "What do you want?"

I step close into her personal space and gave a curt nod, "Are you from the Leaf Village?"

"Why do you ask? When our headbands speak for themselves." Haruki retorts.

Your chakra has a familiar feeling to it. Why didn't she say yes? Suspicious. I shrugged my shoulders, "No, reason. I was curious as to why your chakra seemed a little different. I see you some other time in the near future." I turn to walk out into the hallway and shut the door. My thoughts kept circling around the mysterious three people. Where are they from? I know almost everyone inside the village. I can't even place their faces in my memories anywhere. What is going on here? I stopped in front of Hinata's room making sure to file away my internal questions for later and go inside to check on her.