Chapter 43: Danzo's Request

She was sleeping when I entered the room so I sat on the chair next to her bed. I leaned back into the chair to close my eyes and extend my senses beyond myself. I could feel Sasuke's chakra who was on the opposite side of the hospital. I assumed the nurse was attending to his vitals and checking the condition of his eyes. When the nurse was finished, she left the room to complete whatever duties needed to be done. The feel of his chakra changed like he was checking his surroundings to escape. After determining the coast was clear, he jumps out the window to go meet up with Kakashi. I opened my eyes and smiled, Kakashi never ceases to amaze me. I hover my hand over the sleeping Hinata's chest to check her healing progress which was going slower than the normal pace. She's not getting up anytime today so I'll get some training in.

I decided to leave a note on the side table for Hinata and made my way down the hall toward the exit. As soon as I passed the gates my shadow grew dark and Kane rises from the shadow bent on one knee holding papers under his arm. I groaned into my hands and asked, "What's going on now."

"Princess a messenger from the Hokage came to the mansion to summon you to his office. It seems Danzo has requested for you to immediately return his subordinate. I've gathered the papers you requested from us even a few extra documents you may need to face Danzo." Kane stood.

I nod, "Let's be on our way." Kane leads the way to the Hokage building near the stone faces going on the main street as I followed. The closer we got to the building the more its appearance of it got bigger. In the big window on the side, I could see Danzo and Lord Third standing there watching the crowd as they talked. Lord Third turned to sit in his office chair but Danzo remained to look out. My view of the window disappeared as we walked around toward the gate entrance.

Out of the three big red buildings, the middle was the main office. The others were for archives and a safe that locks dangerous or forbidden jutsu. It felt like an eternity walking toward the top office where they resided. Eventually, we made it to the double doors and stepped through the threshold. Danzo was sitting on the left couch as we made ourselves comfortable on the right one. The Hokage's guards shut the doors and Lord Third began the conversation.

"I hear you captured one of Danzo's subordinates and requests for you to return him. Under what law did you have the authority to put this man under your custody?"

I leaned back against the chair and crossed my legs, "Custody? The man at my manor isn't under arrest. He came to me seeking my aid."

Lord Third hums as he strokes his beard, "What assistance are you providing for him?"

"He's resigning from the foundation and wants to be a regular shinobi working under me."

He sucks on his pipe and then blows out the smoke, "What about the second man that was with him?"

My eyes narrowed, damn him! He's trying to get his hands on Dai! I sighed, "The second is seeking refuge from a kidnapper who was a scientist that put him through horrible experimentation."

"When you say scientist you wouldn't mean Orochimaru would you?" He arched his brow at me as if to say come clean or else. I had to remain calm by keeping my face neutral as possible but it was hard because my heart dropped in my stomach. What do I do now?! I'm in deep shit! I had two possible outcomes break my promise and lie or tell him the truth and have Dai arrested to undergo interrogation from Ibiki. Or maybe...

I flick through the papers and found Zen's resignation document, "First, I have Zen's resignation papers for Danzo and yourself which must be put into effect immediately. Danzo has much better things to do than sitting here listening to my affairs that are none of his concern."

Lord Third took the papers and held one out to Danzo, "You're dismissed."

He stood with a furrowed brow and takes the paper, "Yes, Lord Third." As soon as the doors shut behind Danzo, Lord Third leaves his desk chair in favor of the couch opposite me. I take a mere glance at Kane and he nodded in acknowledgment. He took out the four tags from his inside pocket and casts the sound barrier jutsu. Lord Third looks at the transparent yellow-tinted barrier formed around the room with curiosity.

"This must be the infamous barrier that Lord Second spoke of so many years ago. What a magnificent sight. Lady Himeko was talented at healing and barrier jutsus, you've inherited some of her abilities." he complimented. He sucks on his pipe and leans back against the couch blowing out more smoke. He continues, "I'll rephrase the question from earlier. Does the second man have any relation to Orochimaru?"

"He does."

He sighs, "Do those papers you have with you explain his situation or plead his case?"

"You'll have to read them for yourself since we're not going anywhere for a little while." I hand him the folder with all the answers to his questions. Reading the content inside the folder took about five minutes to read through by the end his jaw dropped.

"I understand why you wanted this to stay a secret but how long do you intend to keep it?"

I slump my shoulders, "I'll announce it when I have all my contingencies worked out."

"Finding out that Hiyori has twin boys from Orochimarus' lab is something I didn't think would happen."

I nodded, "Me either. Dai and Zen are staying at my mansion there will be no exceptions."

Lord Third leans forward, "Who else knows about your brothers and their situation?"

"Everyone in my house and Kakashi is aware of what's going on with them." 

"Dai and Zen can stay with you but I'll need updates from you regularly," Lord Third points his pipe at me emphasizing his statement.

I laugh, "Yes, Lord Third. Kane, take down the barrier we're leaving. I'll see you next month." The barrier dissipates from the room losing the yellow tint it had. The guards burst through the door armed with their weapons ready to kill. I offer a bemused smile at the guards, "You guys have a wonderful rest of your day."

The familiar shoulder-length-brown-haired man smiles while shifting the senbon in his mouth, "You're having fun at our expense you shouldn't get carried away like that or I'll be able to get you back in the near future."

"I'll have to watch my back then,"  I winked.

He chuckles, "You should be worried about your front."

I crook my finger for him to get closer and whispered, "Don't worry the front area is my specialty."

Genma quickly straightens out with a deep rosy hue on his cheeks and turns to hide his face. I cross the doorway into the hall and wave to the poor flustered Genma, "Don't forget to go camping with your pitched tent."

"Princess, behave yourself. Don't pick on those who are vulnerable to your charms," Kane drags me by my hand until we were outside the building. He turns to me and metaphorically shoots daggers from his gold eyes.

I raise my hands up, "I can't help that I'm charming it comes out naturally."

"What I'm I going to do when you turn sixteen?" He rubbed his temples trying to work out the tension.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Pray or have a purification." He coughs suppressing his laughter and leads the way back to the mansion so my training can begin in earnest.