Chapter 29: One-on-One! Natsume Ishida vs Nami Isa!

Sasuke struggled as the man's grip holds him down draining his chakra. In an instant Yoroi has gained the upper hand in this fight. Sasuke was already weak from his experience in the forest. I clench my jaw knowing I couldn't interfere with the fight. Sasuke goes limp then Yoroi dropped his guard. Sasuke hits the guy's elbow knocking him down to escape his grasp.

It was mostly hand-to-hand combat each of them going back and forth. Sasuke gains the upper hand by copying Rock Lee's dancing leaf shadow that's when I saw his curse mark act up trying to spread over his body. It looked painful but he suppresses the mark and finishes with a lion's barrage heel kick into Yoroi's stomach ending the match. The proctor announces Sasuke as the winner of the match. He winces covering the source of his pain then Kakashi jumps down from the top level to him.

Kakashi places his hand and whispers something and they leave the arena together. I whisper to my shadow, "Tori, follow them for me." My shadow turns lighter as Tori's shadow leaves and melds into Kakashi's shadow.

I turn my attention back to the arena then Hayate announces the next fights name's from the screen. He calls, "Natsume Ishida verses Nami Isa come into the arena."

My eyes widen, this fight could get dangerous in a heartbeat. I bite at my thumbnail trying to figure some way to get Natsume out of the fight. Kane warns, "Don't. Do. A thing." Natsume and Nami were facing each other as Hayate tells them to begin their fight. Nami was first to act with a few rounds of punches. Natsume did block then threw some punches herself. Nami kicks high toward her head then Natsume crouches and sweeps her leg to knock her down.

Nami throws kunai at Natsume and she was quick to sidestep the blades that are stuck into the wall behind her. I notice she wasn't carrying her spear on her back like always. Natsume weaves (Dog-Dragon-Tiger) then slams both hands on the ground, "Spirit Style: Fire Wall." a wall of flame rose from her hands and burned through each kunai as it came in contact with the wall.

"Fate Style: Dark Spark," Nami snaps her fingers. Several black flames appear on Natsume's arms and face where she was hit by Nami. This move was causing her pain as these dark flames burned some of her skin. She countered, "Spirit Style: Shatter." The flames vanish from her body and weave her hands (Tiger-Dragon-Monkey-Ox). She points her index and middle fingers toward Nami, "Spirit Style: Fire Bolt."

Several projectiles of flames shoot out at Nami as if they were gravitating to her. She ran around the arena dodging the projectiles but two hit her. One in the shoulder and the other struck her thigh causing her to hit the wall. Natsume weaves (Dragon-Tiger), "Spirit Style: Surface Flame!" She advances at Nami using flames that slide her across the ground with incredible speed. She had her kunai in hand than by a mere inch Nami dodges doing a cartwheel.

Some of the stone flies off the wall creating a medium-sized crater. Nami takes her kunai out then jumps down on Natsume. She uses her knife to block Nami and they both struggle as one tries to overpower the other. Natsume throws Nami over her head then throws several flaming shuriken. Nami rolls out of the way and weaves (Ox-Dog-Rat-Snake-Tiger), "Fate Style: Flame Shuriken Shadow Clone!"

The two techniques cancel each other's attack then I saw Nami's head move up as if to look at someone. I follow her gaze toward Kai and it was a different look from before. His eye color changed into a burgundy hue and he narrowed his eyes at her. It was as if he was giving her a silent order through eye contact. This exchange sent shivers down my spine. She slowed her hand's signs and Natsume finishes first. She screams, "Spirit Style: Scattered Flame Shot!"

Fireballs flew at Nami with a force that knocks her down. At least ten fireballs hit her and after that, she didn't move anymore. Smoke rose from the dirt and flames that burned some of her clothes. I focus my attention back on Kai and his eyes were back to their original color. I've only heard of this technique once from Kane that the leaders of each clan can be possessed by the God or Goddesses they serve.

The proctor announces Natsume the winner of this round then a couple of medical ninjas take Nami away on the stretcher. I frown, why did she intentionally lose the fight? Did Kai tell her to lose? What's their angle? I move a little and bumped into Kane. I shift my focus on him and he was wearing his fist-loaded weapon on his knuckles. Kena was on the other side of me with the same reaction like they were ready to kill. I deducted that Kai was semi-possessed according to how they reacted.

Natsume stretched her arms up and yawns, "Did you guys see that."

I nod, "If you're talking about the ending yes. It seems to have our "Sensei's" all bent out of shape."

Her eyes widen, "Did I miss something?"

Haruna chimes in, "Kai had been semi-possessed by Hantei."

"I see. Now I understand."

The next fight was called as the proctor announces, "Shino Aburame versus Zaku Abumi." Naruto cheers for Shino to win but the atmosphere was dim around us. Kakashi and Tori were chatting as they made their way over to our group. I groan, Tori is out of the shadow which means something else has happened. Great more bad news. It wasn't long when they were close enough to the group that something was wrong.

Tori frowned at Kane and Kena's rigid forms, "What happened?" Kane was quick to explain about the fight they missed and what transpired between them. Tori sighs, "I'm gone for about fifteen minutes and everything goes to shit."

Kakashi hums, "What's this possession jutsu you're talking about?"

Kane answers, "It's a special technique that clan leaders can achieve in each of the four villages from the two islands. Where the God or Goddess temporarily jumps inside their bodies to bestow their power and strength to an individual."

"Interesting..."

I interrupt, "What happened to you two?"

Tori reports, "Orochimaru talked about kidnapping Sasuke but didn't act on it. He told us that Sasuke will come to him seeking power."

"Where is he now?"

"He's under the strict guard of the Anbu in a private hospital room. After sealing his curse mark he fell into an unconscious state. He'll be out cold for a while, " Kakashi states.

I sigh, "Sasuke will leave the village and join Orochimaru there's nothing we can do about it once he figures out what he wants more than anything."

"You're wrong!" Sakura shouts.

I grab her wrist to bring her closer and whisper, "Keep your voice down the others will hear you."

Sakura vigorously shakes her head, "I won't! He's going to stay with me! You don't know what you're saying!"

I glare into her defiant sea-green eyes, "What do you know about Sasuke's feelings when you're consistently self-absorbed in your own.
You're an ignorant fool who runs away from the reality of the situation. If you'd paid more attention to your surroundings instead of flirting with Sasuke it wouldn't be so hard to believe."

She flinches then sobs running away off the platform. Kakashi sighed, "I'll go talk to her. Shiori work on controlling that hot temper of yours. You may have been right but was it worth hurting her to get your point across." He walks away in the same direction as her.