Chapter 23: Konoha Academy Newspaper Interview!

Anko sensei leads the group to our next place of examination. This area was a large fenced-in jungle with a sign that said forty-fourth battle training zone. She turns to face us with a smirk, "This is where your next exam will be at. The forty-fourth battle training zone also known as the forest of death." Before she could explain the exam, Konohamaru and his gang show up holding pads of paper.

Konohamaru announces, "We're here to start the chunin exam interviews for the school paper."

Anko scratches the back of her head, "Oops, I almost forget about that. We'll take a break so you can do the interviews."

Everyone was talking amongst their teammates while the three little squirts interviewed the twelve rookies. Naruto was very expressive when Konohamaru interviewed him for twenty minutes straight. Sasuke was up next watching him while Naruto looked a little mad. It appears that Sasuke's setting the record straight or calling him a loser. Konohamaru writes it down and his group walks over to my group.

He smiles, "Hey! You're our last team for the interviews. Are you ready!"

"Sure, " I grinned.

He pulls out his pocket notepad, "Here we go. How do you feel being called the genius of your class?" I sigh, I hate INTERVIEWS!

"Difficult."

"Why, " he asked while scribbling my answer in the notepad.

"People have high expectations for those who are intelligent, powerful, and astute. It's crucial to become an influential role model for the children of the future."

Moegi sighs, shoving Konohamaru off the rock and sits with her notepad up, "Let's get real! Everyone wants to know the scoop the gossip about some rumors spreading around about you."

My brow rises at her, "What kind of rumors?" This just got interesting, My body leans forward.

She giggles, "The boys want to know if your single and available?"

"Technically, I'm single but my heart is taken by someone I can't call my own at the moment."

Her eyes light up, "Who's this taken one...a girl or a boy?"

I smirk, "A man."

"A MAN! What's his name? I'm sure the whole village would like this juicy tidbit," Her fingers excitedly tick against the pen she's holding.

I wink while waving my finger at her, "Nope, his name is a secret. I'll consider telling you when you're old enough to understand adult matters."

Her mouth drops open, "WHAT!!! Are you kidding me! What kind of answer is that!!! The least you can do is answer my next question."

I laugh, "That depends on the question you're going to ask me."

She nods, "What type of guy is he?"

"Carefree, laid-back, kind, intelligent, blunt, serious, and calculative nature. Most importantly he's someone very precious to me and I want to protect him with all my strength. I can't imagine my life without him it hurts too much to think if he wasn't by my side."

She smiles, "Perfect, thanks for the interview! Let's go Konohamaru and Udon."

Konohamaru and his gang left for the Academy to finish up the newspaper so they could hand it out in the evening. Anko proceeds by handing out a piece of paper, "Now straight to business, you'll fight to get both heaven and earth scrolls. All together twenty-eight teams got through the first exam. Half of those fourteen teams get the heaven scroll while the other half will get the earth scroll. I'll hand out each scroll to each team to put it simply, that's what you're trying for too pass your squad. You must bring both heaven and earth scrolls to the tower in the center of the forest. One more thing this second exam has a time limit of five days which means you'll have to finish by then. You could get disqualified if all three members of a team can't make it to the tower with both scrolls in five days. If a team loses a member or if a member becomes incapacitated and cannot continue but most important. None of you absolutely mustn't look at the contents inside the scrolls until you reach the tower! Turn in your signed consent forms over at the tent to receive your scrolls and pick any gate until the exams start."

One by one each team enters the tent receiving one of the scrolls and my squad was standing behind the hidden grass ninja. My instincts were on the edge like something was off about the person in the middle. I close my eyes to sense out what's wrong and soon realized that underneath the skinsuit was Orochimaru's chakra. Interesting...

I tap his forearm with a menacing smile, "Good evening, sir. You should be mindful of your surroundings or you'll be in a crisis before too long."

He smirks while tipping his straw hat, "I'll keep that in mind. Since we're giving each other unsolicited advice, you should be aware of your predicament." He gives a settle nod to look behind me and I take a glance over my shoulder. I saw the guy from the dark village who attacked me before the first exam started. His brown eyes bore into mine like I was his prey again.

I turn back to Orochimaru, "I'm fully aware of what's going on here. I'll stop it and there won't be any escape, you can count on that." They were next in line and walked inside the covered tent to turn in their consent forms. It didn't take long for their group to exit on the other side of the tent but he glances back at me with an amused smirk. We were next to walk inside as each of us hands in the consent forms to receive a heaven scroll.

Kakashi's POV:

Asuma and I were sitting inside the sweet dumpling shop waiting on Kurenai to come back from grabbing one of the academy newspapers. I tap my finger on the table while Asuma sips his tea, the smell's too sweet in here, disgusting.

Asuma looks over at me, "Don't get antsy Kurenai will be here soon beside the school paper should be interesting."

I sigh, "It'll be about the Chunin exams and the participants' thoughts on the exams nothing too exciting."

Kurenai walks in and waves the paper with a smile, "Hey, this paper is more exciting then I thought at first."

She sits next to Asuma who was now intrigued by the paper in her hands and he asks, "Really?" He takes the paper from her and reads the front page over then his eyes widen.

My brow arches, "What is it? Did something happen?" Asuma was speechless so he hands off the paper for me to read. My eyes bug-out at the page with Shiori's blown up picture on the cover, Oh crap! What has she done now! There was a column with her interview by this preschooler named Moegi. I carefully read the contents of this section and notice that this wasn't anything about the exams. I inhale sharply at the article, Technically, I'm single but my heart is taken by someone I can't call my own at the moment. Carefree, laid-back, kind, smart... OH, SHIT!!! SHE'S DESCRIBING ME!!!

Over the top of the paper, Asuma was smirking fully aware of what I was reading, "This guy sounds familiar wouldn't you agree."

I cough, "Nope, I can't imagine what she's talking about."

Kurenai glances between the two of us, "What are you guys talking about?"

Asuma shakes his head, "Nothing too important."