Chapter 41: Mysterious Dōjutsu

Zen's red eyes flicker over to meet mine, "My warp eye, or what I call it the Sorugan."

"An appropriate name for a mysterious dōjutsu. Since you can warp yourself and I assume other things as well. Can it do anything else?"

He nods, "Since my eyes are a mutation of the Byakugan, I can also achieve the same result as one of them. The warping aspect however is much more complicated than how simple your short description of it was."

My mouth falls open watching his lips flatten, What a challenging tone. It seems like I'm not the only one with a temper around here.

"Zenjirama reign in your temper now," Dai scolds him with a steely gazed frown. The atmosphere suddenly felt cold as the stare down between them intensified.

Zen lowers his chin in a long slow sigh, "There's no need to get so riled up elder brother."

Dai laughs, "Sorry about that! As he was explaining the complicated part of warping. The Sorugan can warp chakra and light."

"At what degree?" The giddiness building inside my chest made me display a wide grin.

The corner of Zen's lip twitches, "Learning about my dōjutsu gets you excited."

I giggle, "Of course. Tell me more about it."

"I can warp light by changing people's depth perception. I can make a jutsu or a person's chakra balance or become imbalanced which just means I can give or deplete chakra."

Kane claps his hands, "Let's put this conversation on pause so we can come up with a plan for the new siblings. Tori is already preparing dinner as we speak."

"I have a plan in mind."

Kane smirks, "Lay it on me." I began my explanation by retrieving my blank scroll and ink pen from my pouch. The items were laid out across the table as I write out my plan in chronological order. He followed along and after my finished explanation he gathers the scroll to put inside his pouch, "I'll put your plan into action starting tomorrow."

"Kena will start the physicals tomorrow as well," I gave her a pointed look.

She nodded, "My lady."

"Why do we need physicals," Dai asked.

"It's required so we can register you as a part of the clan. Are you having objections?" He shakes his head from side to side and I responded, "Good." A bell rings and everyone walks to where the sound was emanating from which was the dining hall. I entered the room and the food was placed on one long table with each place setting looking tidy.

Tori bows, "Please sit and enjoy what I've prepared for your dinner."

I sat at the head of the table as usual and waved everyone else to join me. I sighed, "You don't always have to wait for my permission to sit at the table."

Haruna shakes her head, "If we don't we'll suffer the wrath of Kena and Natsume."

"They're scary..." Hana's face paled.

Dai sat on the right side of me and smiled, "Let's dig into this delicious food." Natsume frowned at his lack of proper mannerisms while Zen groaned showing his frustration toward Dai's attitude.

I laughed, "Don't be so angry. We are all family here so come sit and enjoy dinner with us." After a couple of minutes, everyone finally sat down and had dinner together. The lively conversation was fluent and it seemed like everyone was getting along. I smiled at the scene before while burning the image into my memory bank. I don't want this to end. I drank from my cup. Kakashi was sitting on the right side of me which is usually reserved for the clan leader's spouse. I watched Kakashi as he talked to the others around him. This energy continued for twenty more minutes until dinner was completely gone. By this time it was dark outside then one by one people left the table to finish their chores. Dai and Zen chose to retire for the night as Kena escorted them to their rooms.

Kakashi and I were alone still sitting at the table. His lips were pressed together right as if he was disappointed or dissatisfied about my choice. I sighed, "What's wrong?"

He glances over, "Can you put all your faith in Dai and Zen?"

"Only time will tell," I pat my hand on top of his own. I stand from my chair, "This is an opportunity for our new allies to prove their loyalty to us."

Kakashi stands beside me, "I won't leave your side as long as they're around."

I yawned and smirked, "Does that mean we'll be sharing a futon because I'm so tired right now."

"It means I'll be guarding your door while you sleep," Kakashi turns his back to me. I swallowed my laughter when I saw his red ears as if he could hide them from me.

I walk beside him and nudge my elbow into his arm, "What a shame I was looking forward to your company. Relax Kane and the others can protect us while we're sleeping. Feel free to use your old room, Goodnight."

"Sleep well Shiori." I wore a smile on my face as I made my way to my bedroom. I closed the door behind me as I entered my room and got myself into some pajamas. As soon as my head lays on my soft pillow everything was a blissful dream.

A loud bang startled my deep slumber as I jumped from the covers. The morning light blinded my eyes as they adjusted to the sudden change. Another crash shook the house a little as if there was a fight happening downstairs. What in the hell is going on?! I quickly dressed into my mission gear and rushed down the stairs. I ran toward the source of the noise to find Tori and Kakashi fighting with each other. Kane was sitting on a cushion watching the spectacle unfold while sipping his tea. I grab a cushion and set it next to Kane. "Why are Kakashi and Tori fighting this time?"