Chapter 36: Last Round! Shiori Senju vs Zen Uzumaki!

There were only four people left which leave two matches to go. All this excitement was going to make me sleep well tonight. It didn't take long for the board to select names for the next match: Choji Akimichi vs Dosu Kinuta. I groaned, Great...I'm last. Choji was crouching down panicking and Asuma was bribing him with all you can eat barbecue on him if he won his match. Choji got all fired up and ran to the arena. Dosu stood there not impressed with his opponent. Hayate told them to begin their match and the trash-talking commenced.

Choji says, "You're going down!"

"Take him down Fatso!" Ino cheered. Shikamaru froze and Choji was mad beyond reasoning.

Dosu continues, "Get on with it Fatso."

"I'm not fat! I just have a bigger build!" Choji put his hands together and expanded his body. He rolls towards Dosu but he was easily dodging Choji without much effort. Dosu got his arm device ready and stop him from rolling around.

He comments, "If you think your safe from my sound then you're wrong. Your body is one big ear." Dosu punches Choji with all his might and breaks his jutsu. After that hit, he was already unconscious and the Proctor quickly calls the match. I shake my head, getting mad is not the best way to win. Asuma and Shikamaru grab his arms to sling over their shoulders taking him back to the balcony.

Kane's hands left my shoulders, "Don't overdo it okay. Your condition is still a little unstable."

I nod, "I'll be careful."

Hayate calls, "The last two please come down to the arena. Shiori Senju and Zen Uzumaki." It was my turn to jump over the railing to the arena. The redhead guy did the same and stood before me getting ready to fight.

He held his hand out, "Good luck."

"Thanks, you too." I shook his hand then there was this current of chakra that ran up arm. It quickly healed my affliction which put my condition back to one hundred percent. A lightbulb goes off in my head, what if this guy was the Uzumaki that Danzo tried to put in my clan seat?! My eyes narrowed on him wondering what his end game for this situation would be.

He sighs, "The fight hasn't begun and you're already suspicious of me."

I arched my brow, "You work for Danzo?"

"That's a complicated subject," He scratches the back of his head.

I twirl a kunai out of my pouch, "That's all I needed to know." Hayate glances at both of us and then begins the fight by putting his arm down. I build chakra on the soles of my feet while rushing at him. Before I reached him, I jumped up to his head and then attempted to kick his face. He dodges and begins to throw some jabs at me. I quickly grab my kunai and wire to hook in the ground. I pulled myself away to gain some distance yet he kept up with my speed. Looks like I'll have to pick up the speed. I grab several kunai from my pouch and threw them all over the ground.

I save one for myself as my body flickered out of the way. I weaved (ram-rat-bird-boar-tiger) then threw my kunai, "Shuriken shadow clone." A single kunai turned into thousands within a mere second that flew toward him. He'll either dodge or use a jutsu to defend. I watch him as he weaves his signs, "Lightning Style: Static Force." All the kunai floated in the air as he prepared his next assault. "Lightning Style: Electric Snake." Electric chakra runs through his hands and shoves his fingers into the ground firing the jutsu. As the jutsu traveled toward me, small bolts of lightning danced above the surface.

My eyes widen, What is this jutsu? I can't let it hit me! I use my teleportation jutsu to get behind my opponent and brought my kunai down across his back. He quickly dodges my knife by rolling out of the way to face me. He runs toward me with his arms still covered in lightning. My eyes flicker around the area and spotted a nearby kunai marker in front of me. I weaved through the hand signs for a mud wall and slammed my hands on the ground. As soon as the wall was up I created a shadow clone and it quickly burrowed into the ground leaving a noticeable hole. I hid on the thick side of the wall where my opponent wouldn't see me. He breaks through my mud wall so I quickly teleported on top of the mud wall where my kunai marker was located. My mouth was filling was fire chakra as I prepared for my favorite jutsu.

Zen shoves his fingers into the ground and runs lightning chakra through the small area breaking it into rocks. I disperse my jutsu, "Fire Style: Fireball jutsu!" I blew a huge fireball right where he broke the ground.

"Where are you aiming?" he yelled.

I pointed to his feet, "Exactly where I needed." The surface broke where a hole now existed because my shadow clone used super strength to break below like a pitfall trap. He fell deep and landed on his feet at the bottom.

The corner of his mouth curls up, "This will not finish the fight."

"It soon will be," I weaved the last sign and continued my assault. "Water Style: Water Dragon Jutsu!" The moisture in the air turned into a huge water dragon that flies into the hole filling it. I jumped from the wall and landed near the edge of the pit. My hands crackled with the lightning chakra as I squat placing my inside on the pitfall wall. "What's a pitfall without a surprise? Do your best to dodge this it will more likely kill you if you don't. Lightning Style: Electron Jutsu" I smirked. The jutsu quickly travels through my kunai and metal wire toward the water pool. He closes his eyes and then the veins bulged around the eyes as he opened them with a dōjutsu I've never seen before. It was a two-ripple pattern of white and lavender with a white pupil. Surrounding the pupil was a white ring that had four cosmic dots around it. Each dot had neon lavender rings that glowed emphasizing the light cosmic stars inside them.

This was mere seconds of analyzing his eyes as the lightning finally hits the water creating massive steam in the pit which became hard to see. I close my eyes sensing the arena to see if he made it out of the pit alive. The familiar chakra was standing in front of the mud wall I created earlier. I turned to face him as he wipes his brow, "What a surprise it was that was a close call." It seemed his dōjutsu was deactivated because his eyes were back to their original red color. My big move failed and I'm feeling fatigued. I better finish this fight as quickly as possible. This is my last move better make it count.

He weaves his next jutsu, "It's time to finish this fight. Lightning Style: Lightning Beam." The yellow lightning beam was widening the closer the jutsu came to me.

"You're right it is over for you that is. Water Style: Water Mirror!" A flat, circular pool of water forms in front of my being that was in the shape of a mirror. I rotate its surface ninety degrees upward absorbing the jutsu and then reflecting it at him. The lightning hits his body electrocuting him and he falls to the ground. It looked as if he couldn't move anymore after being struck by his jutsu.

The proctor walks over to Zen examining him then he nods, "The winner of the last match is Shiori Senju."