Chapter 34: One-on-One! Kai Soma vs Haruki Niwa!

After a while, everything settled down, and the board revealed the next two fighters: Kai Soma vs Haruki Niwa. These two jump down from the opposite balcony and stand before each other waiting on the Proctor's signal. I gasp, this isn't good...poor girl. When Hayate tells them to begin Haruki unsheaths her katana and rushes forward attacking Kai. His blade blocks her own then he says, "Fate Style: Judgment Draw." Haruki's blade was thrown back out of her hands.

She was quick to weave her hands, "Fire Style: Dragon Fire!" A stream of fire headed toward Kai from her mouth.

Kai set his chained weapon on the back of his neck and weaved (Ram-Monkey-Rat), "Fate Style: Overrule." As soon as the flames could reach him the flow of the attack did a U-turn back to the user. She saw it coming then heat began to radiate from her body. A bubble of heat formed around her but she suddenly went still. Her attack hit hard and the flames were consuming the spot where she stood. Afterward, the flames dispersed and cleared a spot to see the girl laying down unconscious. I wanted to see if she was okay but Kane placed his hand on my shoulder.

He shook his head, "Don't go down there."

I clenched my teeth while Kakashi bends over to my eye level. "Let the proctor do his job and stay put. She isn't dead but seriously injured."

Hayate places his fingers on her neck checking her vitals. He announces, "The winner of the thirteenth round is Kai Soma." As if on cue, the medical ninjas collect Haruki and rushed off to the hospital instead of the infirmary. Everything ran back to normal as the same boring screen was shuffling names. Guy was hyping up Rock Lee as well as Tenten.

Rock Lee turned his back and crossed his arms, "I'm sick of all this waiting that I might as well go last."

Guy gasped dramatically, "Don't say that! You'll have your turn just hang in there." The board did the famous ding and the group looked at the names. It read Rock Lee vs Gaara then Rock Lee jumps up in excitement.

He celebrates, "It worked! I knew if I said I didn't want to go then I would go next, I'm a genius!"

Guy slaps his pupil on the back, "Go get him, Lee! Make sure you follow your ninja way and remember everything I taught you."

Lee salutes, "Yes, sir." He jumps off the balcony to get to the arena faster. Gaara was already there waiting for the match to begin.

Hayate raises his arm, "Alright then if you are both ready. Begin!" Rock Lee uses the leaf hurricane kick to start his assault hitting a sand wall.

Kakashi comments, "That's an unusual jutsu." Lee continues to attack Gaara but the sand kept coming to his defense. No matter what Lee does that impenetrable defense will be hard to get around.

"Even as fast as he is. He can't get anywhere close to him, " Sakura said. Lee isn't the only one I should worry about, I glance over where Naruto was standing. Kankuro was up to something, I surmise he wanted intel on us. I couldn't help but smirk at his efforts because Naruto was a big idiot. Kankuro was getting nowhere with him as he made comments about Gaara was getting his butt kicked by Lee. I refocus my attention back on Lee. He was getting frustrated because his effort at his current level was not pushing through Gaara's defensive wall.

Gaara nonchalantly asks, "Well is that all? I hope you haven't finished entertaining me. We haven't had enough...blood!" The sand rushes towards Lee to grab his leg and swings him in a circle once for momentum. It releases his leg where he was thrown hard into the wall. Lee keeps going in close to use his taijutsu to find a way to hit this guy.

Sakura says, "Why is he only using taijutsu? He should get some distance and use ninjutsu. Shiori did you not notice?"

I roll my eyes, "Of course, I did. I don't have to make such an obvious commentary. I've known Lee longer than you besides he can only use taijutsu."

Sakura blinks, "Are you serious?"

"She's right. Lee has no ninjutsu skills at all." Guy added but continues, "Oh that's nothing! You should've seen him when we first met. He had no talent whats so ever."

Sakura's sea-green eyes widen, "Really!? I can't believe it!" Lee kept on dodging the sand streams then backflips away from the attacks. He tried to distance himself from the sand but it caught up with him. He lands his flips on top of the sand and be slips on his butt. The sand formed a clawed hand to smother Lee but as the sand piled on top. He backflips high into the air then lands on the fingertip of the hand sign statue.

Guy says, "A ninja who can't do ninjutsu or genjutsu is certainly a rarity. Lee only has his taijutsu to rely on. Some may consider that as a disadvantage but that's what makes him a winner."

My eyes widen, "You didn't teach him what I think you did! I've only read about it in books!"

Guy gives a thumbs up, "You're about to see it in action! Alright, Lee take them off!"

Lee salutes, "But Guy Sensei, you said that only as a last resort when the lives of important people were at stake."

"That's right I did! But this is an exception!"

Lee smiles, "Really? Really!!" He sits and slips off his orange leg warmers to reveal weight straps on each leg. Lee unfastens the weight and holds it out in each hand then let go of these tiny-looking weights. What I didn't expect was when the objects hit the ground. These tiny weights cause damage that shattered the ground with debris flying near the statue. The aftermath was a big crater where the weights lay. My jaw drops, Guy, sometimes you're just too much. Kakashi's dumbfounded expression spoke volumes that we were thinking the same thing.

Lee jumps in place, "That's better now I'll be able to move more freely."

Guy shouts, "Alright! Now go!"