Chapter 50: Winner Takes All!

He laughs maliciously, "You're too mouthy for someone who hasn't seen my full power yet. I'll have to fix that." He pushes into my chest hard knocking me onto the ground. His smirk widens as he says, "You don't want to miss this so don't blink." He weaves his hand into the dragon sign and continues, "Mystic Style: Divine Ascension!" His body was engulfed in darkness which changed his appearance drastically. The outfit he wore was fitted black armor and his long black scarf moved like serpents. The power exuding from his chakra was at a higher level and I knew I was in trouble. My body began to shake as a cold sweat dripped down my face. The fear was taking hold of me that I couldn't move a single muscle, What is this power? Tori, Kena, or Haruna have never displayed this kind before.

He hums, "Who do I get to punish first? The guy wearing a bandana on his head seems to be the closest." My eyes shifted over to Genma who was still fighting Baki from the sand village. He whipped his double-bladed chained sickle out and glided quickly toward him. NO! I teleported behind Genma with my front facing his attack. The sharp curved blade pierces through my flesh following the curb of the lowest part of my ribcage near the center. My hands clenched at my side as I cried out in pain from his darkness pouring into my body making my agony ten times worse. He yanked the blade out and the darkness swallowed my consciousness.

Kai's POV
She fell forward hitting her face against the dirt as I hooked the weapon to my waist. She shouldn't have pissed me off. Why do they insist on doing it the hard way? This newfound power was flowing into my body like a surge of electricity finally becoming one with me. My foot moves forward inching closer to the stupefied pest but the guy she saved picks her up and tries to run. Unexpectedly, A burst of cynical laughter erupts from me, You think you can run from me? Aha! The shadows underneath my feet quickly guide my form like a surfer riding a wave to my prey. I glide across the surface of the hardened dirt as the shadow consumes the ground underneath me. As the dark tide drops me off in front of the running duo, it whips backward, devouring all within its path. The shadow's current extends out, eventually releasing its hold. The failed rescuer lies motionless still holding her in his arms, Oh, how sentimental.

I hurled her over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes and called for my comrades, "Nami...Shiro, we're done here." When I turned to see their fight, they were struggling against their opponent. My eyes rolled, I detest delays and interferences. Black tenacles shoot out of my hand to strike the enemy down quickly ending the fight. "Let's go before other people interfere."

Shiro sheathes his katana and stretches his arms over his head, "I'm ready to go home."

"You're always ready to relax like everything is going to work itself out," she sighed.

"We don't have time for your petty fights." I perked my head toward my shoulder. They never learn. I shift my entire body to block her katana with my kunai. Seize her, my shadow. Suddenly, the shadow morphs into a giant hand to grab the blonde-haired girl. She struggles within its grasp trying to escape. "You're struggling in vain. You can't defeat me with your current power level."

She spits at me, "You can't take Lady Shiori."

I smirked, "You're too weak to stop me." Envelope her my shadow and then return me. The shadow engulfs her whole body and within seconds she goes limp. She smacks into the ground when the shadow drops her to return. I turned to the Hokage's reserved seats and ran toward it. "We need to head east to the Land of Noodles for the port." The two follow behind me as we jump onto the roof where a purple four-flame formation barrier is up. The Anbu was watching helplessly as Orochimaru and Hiruzen continued their battle. Two animations were tag-teaming him, it was the first and second Hokage of the leaf. Poor Tobirama, you've failed. I jumped in close to the barrier where it got his attention. He snapped his head in my direction with his hands shaking and his nostrils flailing. Anger looks good on you. I wave at him and then jump down onto a nearby building. We continued our way until we were in front of the Hokage stone faces and leaped up to the hills behind it.

We raced through the small forest by this time the effects of my divine ascension had worn off. I frowned, Only fifteen minutes... I haven't perfected the jutsu yet so I won't be able to use it again. My muscles were sore and aching up something fierce, it was a side effect of fatigue. This was gradually coming over my body even a slight headache and dizziness were beginning to slow me down. Shiro stepped in front to stop me from continuing forward. He raises his brow, "You have to rest or you'll run out of energy before we get to the port. If you must continue the least you can do is let Nami carry her. I'll carry you so you can rest."

I sighed and passed her over to Nami, "Fine. Let's go."

Nami slings Shiori onto her back and holds her legs up to her waist. I was about to climb on Shiro's back but a man walked out from behind the tree. He was twirling a kunai around his index finger and then grabbed it. "Slowly put Shiori down and go back to your village or there will be hell to pay."

What?! Where did he come from?! I scanned my surroundings and found a red Shinto Gate nearby. He was sent here...Damn! I decide to take a closer look at the guy making threats and demands. He was around the age of thirty which made him a more experienced fighter than us. He had short jet-black hair, pale skin, and piercing red-blooded eyes that held a whole lot of power inside. We're in big trouble. His armor was from a long-lost age that isn't seen anymore. It was crimson armor with numerous metal plates, forming protective guards along his chest, waist, shoulders, and thighs. This reminded me of a story about Madara Uchiha during the warring states era.

The movement was fast as he took the target from Nami's back and set her down by the tree in his original spot. His red eyes changed into the Sharingan in a matter of seconds. He weaved his hand so fast it was hard to perceive them and he slammed his palms down on the earth. "Mystic Style: Mud Tidal Wave!" The mud slick swept away Nami into the distance, it was a good thing Shiro leaped us out of its path. We landed on the branch of the tree but it wasn't long before he shoved me to the side.

"You need to grab our target and run away!" Enyo was on top of Shiro slashing his chest from one end to the other side. Blood sprayed out of his wound onto the nearest object as he fell on the dirt. The power difference was too great so I began to run toward the girl like my life depended on it. My feather collar jerked me backward off of the ground and flung me through the air. My eyes locked with his emotionless glare made chills run down my spine as he watched me soar. "Don't get up again or your dead," he warned. I skipped across the ground before I finally landed on it with a hard thud. Man! My head hurts! My body could no longer move because the side effects were now fully active. Everything from my head to my toes intensely ached and throbbed.

I groaned, "Who are you?"

"Enyo Uchiha from the Hidden Spirit Village." he hovered over me.

"I figured you were from there just wanted to make sure. So I could report to Hantei about what you did here. He'll not be pleased."

He chuckles, "I'm sure he won't. He's never fully satisfied." The weapons that he had out were returned inside his pouch. Enyo turns to retrieve his prize but his body movement freezes momentarily. His eyes rapidly blink as if he's trying to process what he is looking at. "WHERE DID SHE GO!" I looked down to see a vacant spot where the girl used to be. Who took her now?! That's supposed to be my job!