Chapter 38: Leaf Hospital

Sakura and I meet at the hospital to visit our injured friends. Kakashi comes along with me so he could keep his promise. First, he had to check on Sasuke's condition as well as the report from the Anbu. He whispers near my ear, "Meet me at the front desk after you're finished."

A flush creeps across my cheeks, "Sure." He walks off in a different direction towards the high security ward. The guard opens the door for him after he states his business. An escort was on the other side waiting to direct him.
I went back to my business as Sakura asked the nurse to grab a cart to carry our care baskets for our friends. It was some daisies and several fruit baskets She went to the back room and provided the cart with a smile. The first person we went to see was Hinata on the second level. Sakura opens the door and I wheeled the cart inside her room. She sits up on the bed with a soft smile as I set her basket on the side table. I sat on the stool next to the bed and peeled an apple for her. I poke some toothpicks into the slices and handed her one. She accepts it and nibbles on the piece.

I ask, "How's your condition?"

"The doctor had told me to get lots of bed rest," Hinata coughs. I place the plate on the table and rush to her side.

"You need to lie down." I helped her while placing my hand above her chest. I could sense the muscles were still weak like the doctor didn't do much. I should learn medical ninjutsu from Kena. I pulled the blankets up to her chin, "Sleep, I'll come back tomorrow to check on you." She nods and closes her eyes as we stroll out with our cart going to the next room. Sakura runs ahead to where Lee was staying and slides open the door. She rushes inside the room which made me push the cart faster. When I got inside Sakura was looking outside the window. I glance out the window as well and saw Lee doing push-ups on the grass.

I teleport to his side, "Lee, you should be in bed resting. You still have serious injuries."

"I must stay fit for training when I've recovered from my wounds." He continued to do push-ups. I couch beside him and place my hand on his back then teleported back to the room. Lee's hand slips almost falling on his face but I slid my arm under his chest catching him.

I lift Lee onto his good foot and ushered him to the bed, "Recovering is just as important." He sat down to lift his injured leg onto the mattress. I pull the sheet over his legs while Sakura places the basket and flower on the side table. She hands me a plate, knife, and apple to cut for him. I sat on the stool to begin cutting the apple. I quickly slice around the core into wedges and stabbed them with toothpicks.

Lee's eyes widen, "That was cool."

"This isn't all I can do when it comes to food. I'm an excellent cook and baker in the kitchen." I hold out the plate so he could eat the apples.

Sakura's face beams as she skips over to me, "Can you teach me how to cook!"

I leaned away from her closeness, "Sure when the Chunin exams are over."

"Alright!" She bounces from foot to foot with a shout of glee. I shake my head while chuckling at her enthusiasm. The door slides open revealing Tenten holding a daisy with Neji and Guy.

Tenten smiles, "Hey guys! How's everyone?"

"Good. We found Lee doing push-ups outside when we came in." I stand and pat her shoulder.

Tenten shakes her fist as the smile she had turned into an angry frown, "LEE! I told you to rest not train!" Guy tries to calm her down but she still yelling at him. Neji stood there staring at me watching to see what I would do to him.

I glance over at Sakura, "I'm sorry to cut this visit short but I have prior engagements today. You and Tenten make sure Lee stays in bed. I'll see you all later."

Neji followed my movement with his eyes as I walked past him to the hallway. "Why aren't you saying anything? Aren't you going to punish me?"

I stopped and glared over my shoulder at him, "Why? Are you feeling guilty about beating Hinata? Or is it the fact you don't like me being angry with you. I'm not going to waste my energy beating you when Naruto's going to do it for me." I continue down the hallway with Neji still following five feet behind me. I groaned, what I'm I going to do with him? He kept following down the long hallway even after I entering the waiting area at the front desk. Naruto was yelling at Kakashi while pointing at Ebisu.

"He's a pervert Kakashi Sensei! He couldn't stand against my harem jutsu!" Naruto turns his nose up and crosses his arms.

Kakashi sighed, "Naruto, he's elite Jonin teacher his skills are far superior than mine." Naruto slumps his shoulders then reluctantly agrees to have Ebisu teach him. The two leave together then I move to stand beside Kakashi.

"You're going to train Sasuke aren't you?"

Kakashi glances over, "What makes you think that?"

I rolled my eyes, "Sasuke's fighting style and jutsu are similar to yours. You gave him a way to escape the hospital ward didn't you?"

He chuckles, "I'd be a bad role model if I did that."

"Fine play dumb." We walk towards the entrance to leave the hospital with Neji still following me outside the building. Kakashi arched his brow directing a silent question at me. I turned to Neji, "Go back to Tenten and the others, there's nothing more to discuss here."

Neji narrows his eyes, "I disagree."

"Why am I not surprised."

His anger activates the Byakugan, "I won't leave until this matter is resolved." Kakashi puts his guard up and prepares to stop him.

I groaned, "I said no and I meant it so scram." As I was turning my back to walk away, Neji rushes forward at the same time a pale hand grabs his wrist. Kakashi was a second slower than the person who interfered.

"You need to relax before you burst a blood vessel." I blinked, It couldn't be! I glance up at the red-haired man in shock, he's the one I'm looking for!