Chapter 27: Accountable

Kotetsu's aura exuded anger, "Do I need to clarify anything regarding the exam?"

I gulp, "No."

His voice changed it was on the border between testy and furious, "Right now, I'm thousand times more crossed with you than you may realize."

I squeak, "I've noticed."

"I've reported you to the Hokage and he's waiting in the upper levels of the tower. I'll take you there while your teammates wait through the doors behind me, " He leads the way through the doors. I follow him without resistance for the sake of keeping some of his sanity intact. At the end of the hallway of each level, there was an entryway that led to a staircase. The silence between us was so awkward although his attitude was a result of my actions. He's worried about me acting so recklessly and charging into danger without assistance.

It didn't take much time to arrive at the Hokage's lounge area on the top level. We walk through the door and my eyes are immediate in spotting Kakashi who was leaning against the wall with a look that could kill. Those dark gray eyes were glazed over with a silent rage that sent shivers down my spine. He had those eyes in his reserves when I was in deep trouble. Of course, its effectiveness works in most circumstances because I secretly walk into dangerous situations. Lord Third motions me to a chair, "Have a seat, we have much to discuss. Kotetsu, you're free to leave."

"Yes, Lord Third, " He leaves shutting the door.

Lord Third taps his pipe against a glass bowl on the coffee table in front of him with a sigh, "Did you speak with Orochimaru inside the forest?"

I glance, "No, I had a brief encounter before the second exam began. He gave a heaven's curse mark on the left side of Sasuke's neck. What about you?"

He blows out the smoke, "No. We came across three bodies at the cemetery."

I fold my arms and frown, "They were the hidden grass ninja. It's a shame we couldn't stop him."

His brows shoot up, "Indeed. Next time you need to report anything regarding Orochimaru. I'm sure I don't need to tell you why."

I remain silent while nodding my head, staring at his firey eyes shooting daggers at me. He rises from the couch walking to the door, "I must leave to prepare for the next part of the exam. I'm sure Kakashi has a few words for you." Lord Third leaves and the atmosphere of the room's vibe was drastic. Kakashi strides toward the couch and sits then like clockwork I felt a chill go down my spine. He leans back laying his right arm on the head of the sofa and crosses his legs.

I knew his goal was to intimidate then give a long lecture. My mouth twitches, "Good chat, or is there more you would like to say."

His eye narrowed, "This is merely the beginning of your problems. Do you possess any indication of how much danger you put yourself in? Or the fact that you choosing not to report earlier could have prevented several deaths."

"There's always a danger in any situation because of being a ninja. This predicament is beyond our control with various occurrences happening at once and not to mention many people are involved. What could the Hokage possibly do? Stop the exams? Not likely when many lives are at stake. He has no choice but to let this play out."

He sighs, "I'm aware of the stakes besides that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I was worried about your safety as well as your teammates."

I smirk, "Especially me in particular. You're so incredible it's sensual."

He groans, "Why does every conversation with you turn into a flirting conquest?"

"You react so beautifully that it's exciting to participate, " I laugh, "Besides our constant challenges and conversations are so invigorating."

He coughs, "Ahem! I wasn't done. Kotetsu is upset with your lack of trust in him. You should find the time to apologize to him."

I sighed, "I will there's no need to fret over it. I saw Sasuke and the others earlier today."

He leans forward, "How were they?"

"Exhausted but alive. This exam has changed them. I'm worried about Sasuke in particular that curse mark has changed him in a bad way. It was a powerful dark chakra that took control of him. He gave a serious thrashing to one of the sound ninja guys both of his arms are dislocated from the shoulders."

Kakashi's eye widens, "I'll deal with him when he returns."

I nod, "If we're done here I must return to my teammates so we can have our injuries looked at before the next part begins."

"What happened to you? You looked drained of chakra."

I stood, "I barely escaped the hidden dark ninja. I'll fill you in more later." I leave the room making my way back to my teammates that were already in the infirmary getting checked out. One female medical ninja approaches and motions me to sit on the bed next to Chiaki. She grabs a clipboard and gets work checking my physical condition scribbling every so often on the paper. I was too tired to even say anything as she cleaned up my scratches after twenty minutes she tells me my condition and recommends sleep.

I didn't complain as I lift the blankets to lay down and get comfortable underneath. I roll to my right away from Chiaki so I could think about my next move. I need a way to counter dark and sound chakra. Sound is a vibration that travels through the air as well as the body. Dark living chakra is on a whole different class it has the potential to become detrimental to anyone within a certain radius. I can't simply evade it. I can use what Kena taught me a couple of years back or what Hinata and Kane helped me perfect before the exams. My eyelids were heavy as they closed and the sound became more distant. Not long after, I fell into a deep sleep hoping my other teammates make it out of the forest alive.