Chapter 55: Kakashi's Checkup and Sasuke's Chase

Kena nods after examining my body to update my health status update, "Everything looks good but you need to take an easy for a few more days." She signed my release forms so I could leave the hospital. I grab my bag and stand from the bed.

I stretch my arms with a smile, "I can't wait to go home to take a bath and then visit Kakashi."

The door slides open with Kane on the other side. He walks through the entryway and within a few strides he is in front of me. He smiles, "Princess, let me carry your things for you."

I nod and forfeit my stuff to him, "Thank you, Kane. Kena stay here. You'll help the patients until Tsunade arrives at the hospital."

She nods, "I will my lady." 

I walk out of the room into the hallway with Kane by my side. "Tsunade's coming back this should be fun," Kane added.

I chuckle, "Aren't you getting a little ahead of yourself?"

Kane shrugs his shoulders, "I'm merely saying she'll be watching us closely. She left because your mom wasn't willing to share her secrets with her as well as run away from her losses."

I gave a sad smile, "I understand her reasons but it seems fate has a different path for her." We walk down the main street and turn to another street by Shikamaru's house. When we arrived at the mansion, the first thing I did was quickly hop into the shower. I scrub myself with body soap, face wash, and shampoo and then rinse it off. I step out of the shower and go straight to my closet to choose an outfit. I dress myself in a lavender tank top and dark blue jean shorts. My ninja equipment was put on just in case I needed to defend myself. After finishing, I rush down the stairs toward the front door.

I sit down on the ledge of the entrance way to slip on my shoes and stand to walk out the door with Kane right on my tail. We both continue down the side streets crossing the main street to other side where Kakashi was living. It was a big and nice apartment building that he's lived in for the past six years the owner is Chihiro Sato. We both go up the stairs towards the room he was assigned to and I knock on the door when arrived at the door. The door opens revealing Kurenai on the other side and she widens her eyes in surprise of my sudden arrival. She blinks, "What are you doing here, Shiori and Kane?"

I walk through the threshold and reply to her question, "I'm here to check on Kakashi's condition."

Kurenai walks beside me following me to Kakashi's bedroom, "You know what's going on already?"

"Of course, I do. I always know what's happening inside the village at all times." I walk up the stairs and stride inside Kakashi's bedroom. I saw Kakashi who was bedridden, Asuma who was leaning against the wall, and Guy sitting in the chair. I hum, "Discussing about Itachi and Kisame sudden arrival are we?" Asuma shakes his head with a smile as I walk over to Kakashi to check on him. I sit down next to him on the bed and lift his headband from his Sharingan eye to check it, "Ooooh, ouch. You were hit by the Itachi's Tsukuyomi."

Kakashi sighs, "What are you doing, Shiori?"

"I'm just trying to speed your recovery time," I activate my Sharingan and look into his Sharingan eye. Before he had a chance to speak I whisper, "Just relax and keep your Sharingan eye open."  I lean a little close and begin pouring my chakra through my Sharingan eye to his own filling it to the point where it wouldn't deplete his own for a month. I lean back while deactivating my eyes feeling a little depleted myself, I should've waited on the chakra transfer.

Kakashi takes his hand out from under the covers and pats my hand, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I just need some rest that's all." I push my palm up against my forehead supporting my head. I peek at Kakashi's complexion and he looks better already with the color returning to his cheeks. From a distance, I could hear the front door open and then footsteps coming toward the bedroom. The chakra that I was sensing was coming from Sasuke and another chakra rushing not far behind Sasuke was Aoba. I could feel Aoba's state of shock and curiosity and I softly groaned, Did Aoba find out Itachi coming to the village already?! Sasuke is coming to visit Kakashi at the same time! This isn't going to end well.

Kakashi coughs getting my attention and arches his brow, "Why do you look so distraught?"

"An unwelcomed situation that isn't going to end well is approaching us fast."

Sasuke finally arrives through the threshold of the bedroom and greets everyone with his usual nod. Aoba wasn't far behind him in his state of panic he didn't register Sasuke while peeking into the room. He shouts, "Is it true Itachi came to the village yesterday?!" I was quick to notice Sasuke's face and eyes change from the sudden news and Aoba noticed Sasuke's presence too late, "Uh, oh."

Sasuke quickly turns and runs out the door trying to leave the apartment. I shout, "Sasuke wait! Come back!" I try to chase after him but my legs clasp from chakra depletion as well as the fact I'm still recovering from chakra impurities. My knees hit the wooden floor and I pant heavily as I feel my heart palpating from the sudden movement. I slowly breathe in and out, Why can't my body obey me? A large hand lies between my shoulder blades as a shadow leans over me.

"Easy, Shiori. You don't need to push yourself too hard. You just got released from the hospital today." Asuma's soothing voice tries to reason with me.

I glance up at him, "Sasuke needs to be stopped before he gets himself hurt or worse killed."

"It's not like you can get up and chase after him."

I slowly smirk, "I know who can."