Chapter 40: Negotiations & Demands

My mouth falls open, "I'm sorry you had to go through that."

He leans forward and pats my head, "Don't apologize it wasn't your fault."

"We need to get back on task," Zen sighed.

He laughs and hangs his arm on Zen, "You're right! Where to start is the question."

I sighed, "Let's begin with why I'm here."

"We need your protection and help to achieve our goals." His cheeks blush as he scratches the back of his head.

My mouth falls open, "Are you serious?! The last time we saw each other you tried to kill me!"

He leans back with his arms halfway raised, "Orochimaru was spying on me when that happened. I had no choice but to do as he wanted." He bends forward into a bow, "I know an apology isn't going to earn your trust but we are in desperate need of you're help and protection right now. We are in danger of being exposed!"

I hummed, "What kind of danger?"

"The genetic kind," Zen furrowed his brows.

Dai rose to gaze into my eyes, "Danzo and Orochimaru have been trying to take blood samples from us. They want to study our genetics."

My body freezes momentarily, shit, this is bad! I exhale trying to relax my tight shoulders and ask, "What is their purpose in studying your blood?"

"The purpose is unclear but whatever it is won't be good." Zen's eyebrows draw together.

"What do you plan on achieving once you have my protection?"

Dai hums as his fingers drummed against his leg, "We want the village's trust and have a family to rely on to achieve something greater than ourselves. A peaceful existence between all nations creating a bright future for the children."

A gentle smile grows across my face, they have inherited the Senju's legacy despite being raised by different people. I've decided... I take in a cleansing breath and nod, "I'll take you both into my custody until I have you two registered under my clan. Is there anything else you wish to inform me of?"

He clears his throat and holds up two fingers, "There are two things that have to be dealt with immediately. The first is the red troop group and the second is the manufacturing and distributing of suppressex-c."

"This group is responsible for the missing kids, infants, and teens throughout each nation. The missing children are said to have kekkei genkai," Zen explained.

I nod, "How about this suppressex-c?"

"This drug is supposed to suppress chakra within a person's body but the research isn't complete. Orochimaru has been spreading an inadequate version of the drug through the black market for scientists to test its effects. The effects of the drug have been a mystery so an investigation needs to be done."

Dai claps, "Good explanation! Let's all get out of here so we can get to know each other better!"

"You're impossible," Zen sighed. Zen scolds Dai for being too relaxed considering their current state of affairs. I closed my eyes extending my senses outside the barrier. This house was at the edge of the Senju clan ward near the forest the area is usually deserted but we were surrounded. I opened my eyes with a sigh, "This is so irritating."

"What's wrong?" Kakashi arched his brow to emphasize his question.

"We're surrounded by Danzo's men so when we drop the barrier they'll be on top of us." I hummed, can Tori enter a sealed-off space? I gaze down at my shadow, "Tori, can you hear me?" Yes, Princess. Tori's voice reverberated inside my head. I reached and grabbed Kakashi's vest, "Come here."

Tori emerges from my shadow and glances at his surroundings. He spots the two unfamiliar boys with us. He arches his brow, "There's an interesting story here."

I wave my hand, "That can wait. Tell Kane to come to the second Senju estate armed to remove the intruders on the property. I want you to take those three with you to the house and make sure to keep your shadow passage open for me."

"Your wish is my command, Princess." He guides the boys to the shadow. They fall into the shadow without much resistance and Kakashi wasn't far behind them. I weave my hands to release the barrier and was quick to fall into the shadow without Danzo's men seeing me. Traveling through shadow always confuses my sense of direction which causes me to fall. The light at the end of the tunnel came and my body flies out of the exit. I fall into whoever was closest to the passage of the shadow with a hard thud. This person was quick to catch my clumsy ass before I fell on the ground.

"Still can't land on your feet."

I whipped my head to glare at Tori, "I can't help that it distorts my senses." I turned my attention back to the person who caught me it was Kakashi. "Thanks for breaking my fall."

He smiles and sets me back on my feet, "You're welcome."

"My lady, Who are these two boys with you?"

I hold my hands loosely behind my back, "They are our new housemates from now on. The redhead is Zen and the other is Dai. They are my older brothers."

Kena scrutinized them, "I sense their chakra is similar to yours my lady." The sound of the front door sliding open and closing echoes toward the living room. Kane comes from the entryway wearing his white ninja outfit and pulls down his mask.

"Everything is finished as you requested, Princess. I collected the tags you left behind." He handed the tags over.

I take the tags and put them back inside my pouch, "Thank you."

Kane glances at the boys, "It seems we've gained more family members. It's amazing how similar you all look despite your hair and eye colors being different."

"Never mind that, I need to know about Zen's dōjutsu." I turned my gaze over to the redhead.